U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:28 PM

12 posts, read 20,702 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the tips. Yes, I've been googling a lot. Still has helped getting so much getting info from all your responses. So far it seems that craigslist is the best resource for searching the internet. I think driving the streets looking at for rent signs will be great too once I get there. Between the two, I'll bet I'll have some good luck.

Thanks everyone and I will surely be visiting Artists's Point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 01:58 PM

9 posts, read 17,816 times
Default Consider Diamond City

I also am a listed artist and soon to retire from California to Diamond City in another 5 years. Read the blogs about the place and consider the short distance to Branson. There are soon to be a lot of galleries there. Barry Euren, A.I.F.A.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:13 PM

2,372 posts, read 5,137,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerue View Post
I also am a listed artist and soon to retire from California to Diamond City in another 5 years. Read the blogs about the place and consider the short distance to Branson. There are soon to be a lot of galleries there. Barry Euren, A.I.F.A.
No offense man...but have you been to Diamond City yet???? Believe me, I 'd love to see it boom but...

Old 09-24-2008, 02:50 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,841,181 times
There was a house for sale next to Artist Point when I was by there about a month or two ago. Artist Point is OK - a pretty place. The shop is closed every time I have stopped.

I would like to say Hot Springs has outstanding magnet schools. They are using the arts to teach and have set a very high standard for a model for education in the state. I know a few people who do not live in Hot Springs that have their children attending school there. It is not your ordinary school system.

Reasonable rentals in Fayetteville will be easier to get at the end of the school year. With the economy locking up some of the homes that have been for sale may be used for rentals. No one mentioned the Walton Art Center and the various art related programs they have in the Fayetteville area. It would be a place to consider working or exhibiting.

I also highly recommend the Arts-in-Education program in the state. I can go on and on about the program - so if you want more info just ask!

nerue, I hope you have visited Diamond City or will before you make the move. Years ago I moved from Santa Barbara to a very small SW Arkansas town...I had NO IDEA!!! That was before the internet.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:45 PM

456 posts, read 1,074,608 times
I reccomend Eureka Springs, Gosh how I love that town

Old 09-25-2008, 09:45 AM

296 posts, read 880,294 times
Default May I add something to the El Dorado idea.....

We have the South Arkansas Museum of Resources at Smackover close to El Dorado and I know of some artists that have had their art on display/for sale at the museum at various times. These were nice, little art shows that the public was invited to attend and purchase art from the artists. Maybe your talent would be to start a small, art gallery and also teach artist classes somewhere. I know I'd be happy if we had a art teacher in the South Arkansas area where my children could take art lessons.

War Eagle Craft show is at Roger's (NW Arkansas) every October where crafters from all over display their art and crafts. In South Arkansas we have the Tate's Barn sale every year on the last Saturday and I've purchased art from artists there in the past.

Best of luck to you on your search!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:51 AM

296 posts, read 880,294 times
Default website for arkansas teaching jobs.....

Also, if you have a degree in art there is a website for Arkansas teaching jobs at Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed where you can search for jobs. Best of luck.....

Old 09-28-2008, 09:24 PM

465 posts, read 957,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Winkus View Post
Speaking of Hwy 71. There's a place between Fayetteville and Alma that is called Artist's Point. It is maybe 5 miles below Winslow. I think the spot is so named for its beauty, but I'm just guessing.
Yes I would recommend it too. Sometimes I drive down the old 71 just for the scenery. To bad the old rangers tower is condemned now I remember climbing it when I was little. Isn't there a little hotel/motel place at artist's point?

Old 09-29-2008, 02:01 PM

9 posts, read 17,816 times
Thank-you, yes I have been to Diamond City and yes it is a very small, quiet community now, but consider the potential of the place. One road in and out, consider it a gated community? All lots are developed for building, water,sewer,electric, cable and priced "right". Believe me, I can make Branson in about 20 mins in my Viper. Soon this place will be an upscale bedroom community to Branson.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:07 PM

621 posts, read 1,335,566 times
Bail_Khan, I believe there is a small motel on the bluff side (east) of the road there at Artist's Point. Last I knew it was being remodeled. It should be a pretty nice place to stay by now, though perhaps a little spartan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas