U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:25 PM

7 posts, read 62,008 times

Advertisements

Folks:

We visited AR this weekend and drove through Woodlands Edge subdivision in Little Rock and many of the Chenal Valley subdivisions. Could anyone please give us a read on these 2 communities?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 09:23 AM

61 posts, read 148,793 times
Default Chenal valley

I live in Chenal Valley (Duquesne) and looked in Woodland's Edge prior to buying. You cannot do better in the area than either of these. Welcome to the area!

Old 08-16-2008, 06:45 PM

350 posts, read 1,088,504 times
I live in the Courts area of Chenal. It's clean, safe, and the hills are beautiful. It's convenient to town. There are excellent private and public schools, since Chenal Elementary opened. Woodland's Edge is about to have a back entrance onto Kanis near where it meets Chenal which will connect it a lot better. You get more for your money in Woodland's Edge or the northwestern neighborhoods of Chenal (near Hwy 10).

Old 08-24-2008, 09:03 AM

2 posts, read 9,819 times
Cool Chenal

OK I need help also....We are thinking of moving to the area for a job change. We live in Atlanta and like the fact that it offers everything including traffic. My during my brief visit to the area it was hard to determine what the valley has to offer for parents of teenagers. How is the crime? School scores look low for public? How are the private schools?My wife is a mother baby nurse and was wondering about jobs?

Can anyone help?

Last edited by cheeksnola; 08-24-2008 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: poor english

Old 08-24-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeksnola View Post
OK I need help also....We are thinking of moving to the area for a job change. We live in Atlanta and like the fact that it offers everything including traffic. My during my brief visit to the area it was hard to determine what the valley has to offer for parents of teenagers. How is the crime? School scores look low for public? How are the private schools?My wife is a mother baby nurse and was wondering about jobs?

Can anyone help?
There are plenty of nursing jobs, Baptist is the state's largest hospital and is 10 min away. St Vincent's and UAMS are 15-18 min away. All of these have very busy L&D services.

Crime is very low in that area of town, as low as suburban "anywhere". The crime watch for the zip (72223) generally has no reported events in any given week. You also don't get nearly as much teen drug use as you get in most suburban areas, far less than in suburban Dallas where I used to live and Las Vegas where my sister lives.

There is a new shopping center with an IMAX theater, etc in the heart of Chenal Valley. Hanging out at Pinnacle Mtn is a lot of fun as well if they are into that, as is sailing and fishing at Lake Maumelle.

As far as schools go, the private schools are very good - Pulaski Academy, Little Rock Christian, and Ark Baptist are considered to be good choices and are a 5 min drive away.

Public schools are not in the Little Rock School district but in Pulaski Co schools. There is a wonderful brand new elementary, Chenal Elementary. For middle school and high school, though, Pulaski Robinson still has more of a rural feel and facilities are out of date. Little Rock schools including Central offer better choices.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:23 PM

7 posts, read 62,008 times
We are taking the Chenal Valley plunge! AR- here we come! Thanks for your opinions

Old 08-24-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedYourAdvice View Post
We are taking the Chenal Valley plunge! AR- here we come! Thanks for your opinions

We're in the Courts.

Welcome to the neighborhood, I sure love it.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 9,819 times
Default Tax Questions

How is the property taxes in Chenal? Say a 500K house. Is there any personal income taxes for the county?

Old 09-03-2008, 06:16 PM

No county income tax. Property taxes are average. I think I pay $5-6000 for a house that's in that range.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 43 times
What is the difference between Chenal Valley & Woodlands Edge? My husband & I are relocating due to a new job opportunity! We love the area and it seems to have a lot to do outdoors, however deciding where to live has been difficult. We are empty nesters and hope to downsize a bit in the process of this relocation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: