U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 07:34 AM

64,438 posts, read 71,683,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Glen had been a professional picker most of his life and before he became "known" he and his brothers would play anywhere to make a buck. In one of his first interviews he said that the reason he had such pretty teeth was because they were all caps. He said that most of his teeth had been knocked out or broken by thrown beer bottles in many of the joints they played in.

I never knew this. RIP Glen Campbell
nor did I. BTW as much as I carried on about not enough attention to his life and death, we did have another one late yesterday. One of the radio stations we like to listen to, had time devoted to his music. I only heard about 10 minutes of it, but was still happy to hear that much. Now I have to go through our CDS and see if I have one of his. I am sure we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 06:59 PM

4,682 posts, read 4,049,499 times
nor did I. BTW as much as I carried on about not enough attention to his life and death, we did have another one late yesterday. One of the radio stations we like to listen to, had time devoted to his music. I only heard about 10 minutes of it, but was still happy to hear that much. Now I have to go through our CDS and see if I have one of his. I am sure we do.

Both my Mom and Dad (who have both passed away) loved Glen Campbell's music. I recall they had an album with 'Wichita Lineman' on it. Certainly one of the best country singers of all time.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:18 PM

945 posts, read 919,639 times
A current Associated Press release stated Glen was buried in a private ceremony in his hometown of Delight. Geeez

Old 08-13-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
A current Associated Press release stated Glen was buried in a private ceremony in his hometown of Delight. Geeez
our paper had it right, like you said. They did the editorial saying he was born in Billstown, but everywhere else you see "Delight" did he, maybe grow up in Delight?

Old 08-13-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
our paper had it right, like you said. They did the editorial saying he was born in Billstown, but everywhere else you see "Delight" did he, maybe grow up in Delight?

No. I don't remember for sure but he may have gone to school in Delight. I don't remember if Bills/Billstown still had a school when he was a kid. If not, it had consolidated with Delight.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
No. I don't remember for sure but he may have gone to school in Delight. I don't remember if Bills/Billstown still had a school when he was a kid. If not, it had consolidated with Delight.
Still is interesting isn't it? Hubby read the same one you did about the private service and his being born in Delight. I guess that proves we shouldn't always believe what we see, especially when connected with the media.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:02 PM

756 posts, read 571,283 times

without him as AD we probably go from the SWC to Conference USA instead of the SEC

Old 08-21-2017, 09:12 PM

I hope everyone safely saw the eclipse. My maternal grandparents were farmers and talked about the one in 1918. They said the chickens went to roost and the cows came to the barn.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I hope everyone safely saw the eclipse. My maternal grandparents were farmers and talked about the one in 1918. They said the chickens went to roost and the cows came to the barn.
We actually did not see it, we were shopping and decided it was too late to stop by our church for a viewing like many were doing. We got home, I went into the house and before I knew it maybe 30 seconds the house was almost completely dark. As quick as it came it was gone. friends at church did send us pictures. Pretty impressive but still we didn't get the entire eclipse.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:28 PM

8,856 posts, read 9,861,647 times
The 2024 eclipse will be 100% totality over Little Rock and most of Arkansas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas