U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2018, 02:15 PM

69,251 posts, read 79,427,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
light snow outside at 11:30am, 30 degrees....... on April 15th.

Grand solar minimum is happening. People need to pay attention. It's already affecting growing seasons across the globe.
got a few snow flakes on our way to church, but not many. I did feel so worry for those who were working at Home depot yesterday. They were working their you know what's off just to get all the plants inside or at least under cover because of the cold weather. Yep, Global warming or are we supposed to say, climate change certainly is hitting us hard. It is a bit warmer right now: no wind; tonight is supposed to be around 24 or perhaps even a little cooler. Thank God i haven't done anymore planting except for all the tomato plants I lost. Most everything yesterday at Home Depot was close to gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 11:17 AM

2,681 posts, read 4,236,294 times
People need to be more conscious of severe weather situations before they venture out. The technology available on even a smart phone can save someone from being caught in something like that Mountainburg twister if only someone takes advantage of it. Weather radar apps are very advanced now and almost all of them come with the watches and warnings issued by the National Weather Service. You don't have to be a meteorologist to understand this stuff, you just need to know enough to be diligent and aware of what's going on any given day. As with the 2015 Garland/Rowlett tornado we experienced while living in TX, severe weather had been predicted and was occurring for much of the day before the Mountainburg storm developed. It's one thing to hunker down in your house during severe weather, but another altogether to be out on the roads unaware and uninformed of this kind of potential danger. It cost 11 people their lives that day in Texas....many who were picked up thrown to their deaths in their vehicles from a highway overpass. Those 2 folks pulling their camper who got flipped off of the road in Mountianburg are lucky to be alive.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:18 PM

10,515 posts, read 11,623,635 times
^ Agreed. You can have emergency alerts on your phone that will let you know when pending bad weather is approaching. Sign up for CODE RED alerts here if you live in Washington County. I'm sure other counties have this as well just check your local county website.

https://www.co.washington.ar.us/gove...gement/codered

Old 04-27-2018, 08:30 AM

2,681 posts, read 4,236,294 times
Congratulations to Hogs center and Chanhassen, MN native Frank Ragnow on being selected by the Detroit Lions with the 20th overall pick in the NFL draft last night! Frank is a great football player and will be an instant upgrade for the Lions offensive line.

Woo Pig!

Old 04-28-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Congratulations to Hogs center and Chanhassen, MN native Frank Ragnow on being selected by the Detroit Lions with the 20th overall pick in the NFL draft last night! Frank is a great football player and will be an instant upgrade for the Lions offensive line.

Woo Pig!
Yep, it has been a long time since we had a first round draft choice taken. Hope he does as well as everyone thinks he will do. I have to say, I wish he was going to play for a team we follow, but at least the Lions are not a team we hate like the Cowboys. Sorry I couldn't resist.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:33 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,102,445 times
Do people who live in other states, especially clear across the country know that NWA is what the locals refer to as Northwest AR? I never heard of it till I moved to AR but I'm seeing SO many brand new members here who come to ask a question about it and already refer to it as NWA, some even use it in their username to refer to the location they are looking to move.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:51 AM

Ah Fayettenam, Springbodia, Booger County...all in a name. I never heard of northwest Arkansas being referred to as NWA either when I lived there.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:08 AM

SEC west co champs! Good job Hog baseball now to win the World Series!

Old 05-20-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
SEC west co champs! Good job Hog baseball now to win the World Series!
happy as could be but too bad they lost that game yesterday.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:57 PM

Oh well maybe next year. Still a chance for the college world series?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or