U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2018, 10:21 AM

68,686 posts, read 78,712,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
The seasons have been strange this year. We had winter last until the end of April, no spring, went into full blown Summer.

I'm a very observant person, especially with the land and the seasons. This past Sunday, I noticed the ground cover leaves in the forested areas of my land are starting to turn colors- from green to shades of yellow, orange, and red. This happens every year but it never happens in early July. I usually see this start to happen in mid August. It's happening as far as I can see into the woods in both sunny and shaded areas. This is very unusual.
man,I guess unusual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 05:27 PM

2,627 posts, read 4,186,626 times
Former Arkansas AD Jeff Long was hired today as the new athletic director at Kansas. His contract with Kansas will make him the 2nd highest paid at that position in the Big 12, behind only the Oklahoma AD.

Not sure what Jeff did previously to earn all that, but more power to him. Kansas is a pressure cooker for basketball, so he's got his work cut out for him there. On that note, the Kansas basketball program is apparently under some sort of investigation, and Long has it in his contract that if they get put on probation his contract automatically gets extended until the probation is lifted.

Wow. Someone out there likes Jeff Long!

Old 07-06-2018, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Former Arkansas AD Jeff Long was hired today as the new athletic director at Kansas. His contract with Kansas will make him the 2nd highest paid at that position in the Big 12, behind only the Oklahoma AD.

Not sure what Jeff did previously to earn all that, but more power to him. Kansas is a pressure cooker for basketball, so he's got his work cut out for him there. On that note, the Kansas basketball program is apparently under some sort of investigation, and Long has it in his contract that if they get put on probation his contract automatically gets extended until the probation is lifted.

Wow. Someone out there likes Jeff Long!
heard this on the news last night. I guess for some getting fired is a good thing. Good luck to him, but that doesn't I would want him back here at any price.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:33 PM

10,330 posts, read 11,460,931 times
38 new troopers graduated from the Arkansas State Police Academy. Congrats to them! Stay safe!

Old 07-22-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
38 new troopers graduated from the Arkansas State Police Academy. Congrats to them! Stay safe!
I hope they're paying those people more than they've made in recent times. I commend anyone who is brave enough to become an officer of the law in this day & age. We need them. God bless them all in safety and security.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:56 AM

I know the duck boat accident happened up at Table Rock in Missouri, but 2 of the victims were from Arkansas. What a horrible, and unfortunately VERY preventable, tragedy. We diverted up into the Branson area during one of our many Arkansas getaways and Table Rock Lake is another beautiful Ozark setting. Heartbreaking to know that 17 people perished while simply trying to enjoy being there as we did.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:26 PM

10,330 posts, read 11,460,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I hope they're paying those people more than they've made in recent times. I commend anyone who is brave enough to become an officer of the law in this day & age. We need them. God bless them all in safety and security.

SALARY: Recruits begin earning a salary upon their initial report to the Arkansas State Police Training Academy. The entry salary for an Arkansas State Trooper Recruit is $40,340 effective July 2, 2017. After four and years as a commissioned officer, the employee becomes eligible for a promotion to the rank of ASP Trooper First Class, receiving a salary increase of 10% or an increase to the entry pay level of $45,010, whichever is greater. After seven and years as a commissioned officer, the employee becomes eligible for a promotion to the rank of ASP Corporal, receiving a salary increase of 10% or an increase to the entry pay level of $50,222, whichever is greater.

I remember when I started in south Arkansas 40 years ago I was paid $630 a month and had to buy my own uniforms, firearm, and equipment.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:49 PM

2,277 posts, read 1,433,968 times
Quote:
Arkansas State Trooper Recruit is $40,340
$20 an hour isn't worth risking your life in my opinion. I'm not a fan of police, but they still have families and are risking their lives for the public.. I think 40k a year is laughable for what they have to put up with.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I think 40k a year is laughable for what they have to put up with.
Agreed.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
$20 an hour isn't worth risking your life in my opinion. I'm not a fan of police, but they still have families and are risking their lives for the public.. I think 40k a year is laughable for what they have to put up with.
I am a huge supporter of law enforcement and as to the salary they are paid; no it doesn't sound like much, but normally there are good benefits and many do not have a lot of education. Have you checked to see how much an enlisted man or woman in the military makes? For many $40.000 a year isn't all that bad. I do wish they were paid double than amount but I also see both sides to the payment scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or