U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2018, 10:21 AM

67,646 posts, read 77,437,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
The seasons have been strange this year. We had winter last until the end of April, no spring, went into full blown Summer.

I'm a very observant person, especially with the land and the seasons. This past Sunday, I noticed the ground cover leaves in the forested areas of my land are starting to turn colors- from green to shades of yellow, orange, and red. This happens every year but it never happens in early July. I usually see this start to happen in mid August. It's happening as far as I can see into the woods in both sunny and shaded areas. This is very unusual.
man,I guess unusual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,095,277 times
Former Arkansas AD Jeff Long was hired today as the new athletic director at Kansas. His contract with Kansas will make him the 2nd highest paid at that position in the Big 12, behind only the Oklahoma AD.

Not sure what Jeff did previously to earn all that, but more power to him. Kansas is a pressure cooker for basketball, so he's got his work cut out for him there. On that note, the Kansas basketball program is apparently under some sort of investigation, and Long has it in his contract that if they get put on probation his contract automatically gets extended until the probation is lifted.

Wow. Someone out there likes Jeff Long!

Old Today, 05:10 AM

67,646 posts, read 77,437,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Former Arkansas AD Jeff Long was hired today as the new athletic director at Kansas. His contract with Kansas will make him the 2nd highest paid at that position in the Big 12, behind only the Oklahoma AD.

Not sure what Jeff did previously to earn all that, but more power to him. Kansas is a pressure cooker for basketball, so he's got his work cut out for him there. On that note, the Kansas basketball program is apparently under some sort of investigation, and Long has it in his contract that if they get put on probation his contract automatically gets extended until the probation is lifted.

Wow. Someone out there likes Jeff Long!
heard this on the news last night. I guess for some getting fired is a good thing. Good luck to him, but that doesn't I would want him back here at any price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or