U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 12:20 PM

2,684 posts, read 4,247,064 times

Advertisements

These guys are giving Alabama all they can handle. It should be closer than 28-14 right now. 2 bad turnovers and they got screwed on that Alabama fumble that the refs didn't give them. I still expect them to be overwhelmed eventually, but this team does not quit and I'm seeing great signs of progress on both sides of the ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 05:32 PM

10,565 posts, read 11,661,819 times
sigh...

BUT even the ESPN morons complimented Arkansas, so there may be hope after all!

Old 10-07-2018, 06:12 AM

69,387 posts, read 79,598,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
sigh...

BUT even the ESPN morons complimented Arkansas, so there may be hope after all!
well they did complement them to a degree but knocked them other times. anyway, the positive about the game: Al didn't cover the spread and we scored more points against then any team has this year. It is a building time for us. That is all we can say at this stage

Old 10-08-2018, 11:31 AM

I thought the 2 biggest plays of the game were Storey's goal line fumble and the play where Bama obviously fumbled but the refs gave it back to them. At those points the Hogs were giving them fits, and it was great to see. I knew Bama would run away eventually because the Hogs just do not have the players to keep up with that level of talent right now (few teams do), but the defense is beginning to make plays and Storey is moving the football offensively. I was happy with the effort all things considered.

In unrelated news, we're in the early stages of planning our first visit to our beloved Arkansas since we left Texas......tentatively set for mid March, 2019 (spring break up here in MN). We want to do a baseball game at Baum, and they just happen to be playing at home that week, although I'm not sure how hard it'll be to get tickets given the Hogs came within an eyelash of winning the CWS last season. We have a handicapped little girl and I've already confirmed that the stadium does indeed have handicapped seating down the 3rd base line, which is great. We also want to head over to the Mountain Home/Mountian view area of the Ozarks, as we've not been over there yet, and of course a couple nights in Hot Springs. I figured that time of year would be a good one to be down there as it shouldn't be too hot yet and it's the perfect time for a break from our winter up here. So exciting for us, even just planning it.

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 10-08-2018 at 12:35 PM..

Old 10-13-2018, 02:49 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,177,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I thought the 2 biggest plays of the game were Storey's goal line fumble and the play where Bama obviously fumbled but the refs gave it back to them. At those points the Hogs were giving them fits, and it was great to see. I knew Bama would run away eventually because the Hogs just do not have the players to keep up with that level of talent right now (few teams do), but the defense is beginning to make plays and Storey is moving the football offensively. I was happy with the effort all things considered.

In unrelated news, we're in the early stages of planning our first visit to our beloved Arkansas since we left Texas......tentatively set for mid March, 2019 (spring break up here in MN). We want to do a baseball game at Baum, and they just happen to be playing at home that week, although I'm not sure how hard it'll be to get tickets given the Hogs came within an eyelash of winning the CWS last season. We have a handicapped little girl and I've already confirmed that the stadium does indeed have handicapped seating down the 3rd base line, which is great. We also want to head over to the Mountain Home/Mountian view area of the Ozarks, as we've not been over there yet, and of course a couple nights in Hot Springs. I figured that time of year would be a good one to be down there as it shouldn't be too hot yet and it's the perfect time for a break from our winter up here. So exciting for us, even just planning it.

Thanks Tyryztoll for mentioning Razorback baseball It has always been a great point of irritation to me that Razorback football gets more ink and air time in their many loosing seasons than Razorback baseball gets in their many winning seasons

Old 10-13-2018, 10:21 PM

768 posts, read 626,109 times
Same old crap

Old 10-13-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
Thanks Tyryztoll for mentioning Razorback baseball It has always been a great point of irritation to me that Razorback football gets more ink and air time in their many loosing seasons than Razorback baseball gets in their many winning seasons
And right on cue.....another awful loss for the football team after having a 9 point lead in the 4th quarter. I’m sorry, Cole Kelley is just an awful quarterback and he needs to change positions. He can’t move the offense and he definitely can’t throw the ball. Storey took a hellacious beating tonight, and they keep putting him in a position to get hurt because all their top running backs are out, then they have to bring in Kelley and the offense just stalls. The defense....are you kidding me? 600 plus yards allowed and Ole Miss went through them like a hot knife through butter on that last drive when they had them pinned at their own goal line. They are terrible. Hogs still should have won, but they have forgotten HOW to win. Really disgusted with them right now. If they lose to Tulsa next week I won’t even be able to describe how far they’ve fallen.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:34 PM

768 posts, read 626,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyryztoll View Post
and right on cue.....another awful loss for the football team after having a 9 point lead in the 4th quarter. Iím sorry, cole kelley is just an awful quarterback and he needs to change positions. He canít move the offense and he definitely canít throw the ball. Storey took a hellacious beating tonight, and they keep putting him in a position to get hurt because all their top running backs are out, then they have to bring in kelley and the offense just stalls. The defense....are you kidding me? 600 plus yards allowed and ole miss went through them like a hot knife through butter on that last drive when they had them pinned at their own goal line. They are terrible. Hogs still should have won, but they have forgotten how to win. Really disgusted with them right now. if they lose to tulsa next week i wonít even be able to describe how far theyíve fallen.
if?

Old 10-14-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
We are big baseball fans as well, having a son the played pro ball: only made it to AA. I do, however understand: football is just t bigger sport and it brings in the money. Baseball gets lost unfortunately.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
And right on cue.....another awful loss for the football team after having a 9 point lead in the 4th quarter. Iím sorry, Cole Kelley is just an awful quarterback and he needs to change positions. He canít move the offense and he definitely canít throw the ball. Storey took a hellacious beating tonight, and they keep putting him in a position to get hurt because all their top running backs are out, then they have to bring in Kelley and the offense just stalls. The defense....are you kidding me? 600 plus yards allowed and Ole Miss went through them like a hot knife through butter on that last drive when they had them pinned at their own goal line. They are terrible. Hogs still should have won, but they have forgotten HOW to win. Really disgusted with them right now. If they lose to Tulsa next week I wonít even be able to describe how far theyíve fallen.
I was shocked when I got up this am and found out they actually lost. I fell asleep during the 4th quarter: spent the afternoon in ER and was exhausted: I just knew they had won: shock, I just knew wrong. And yes, Cole is not what they or others had hoped he would be.

There is a silver lining though: Remember when I mentioned a really great future WR had signed for next yea Well they got another one this week. He is a tight end, the number one recruit this year and he actually signed with the RAzonbacks. Apparently his dad and brothers played for U of A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or