Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 10:09 AM

971 posts, read 1,444,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Is it my imagination or have the weather Gods screwed up this year? first we don't get any real rain, then we get almost all the say through the coldest month of the year with no measurable snow, in fact almost no snow and now we are getting April weather in Jan? What gives and I wonder if todays storms will be as bad as predicted? Oh and add to it, they are now saying a possibility of snow flurries or snow showers tomorrow? I just hope we don't get Jan weather in March!!! Easter is early this year, I would hate to see Easter services cancelled because of snow.
Did I read somewhere the earth could be tilting a bit on its axis? At my age, I might have drempt it.

Hmmmmm!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,174,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
Did I read somewhere the earth could be tilting a bit on its axis? At my age, I might have drempt it.

Hmmmmm!
Could be: at my age, the only think I remember is are my dreams...everything else is forgotten because my brain is filled with trivia from 50 years ago and my daughter says it has just plain ran out of space for anything more..

Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,779,642 times
A friend of mine said the tornado sirens were sounding at the University, and they were evacuating buildings. She was hiding under a table at the Student Union texting me. Ok, there is ONE thing about Arkansas I do not miss, that severe weather. Yall stay safe this spring!

Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
A friend of mine said the tornado sirens were sounding at the University, and they were evacuating buildings. She was hiding under a table at the Student Union texting me. Ok, there is ONE thing about Arkansas I do not miss, that severe weather. Yall stay safe this spring!
Hubby had to see a doctor in Rogers this am. He said it was pouring downt there, but here, we have just gortten a nice soaking, very little real wind (nothing like predicted) and no tornado warning at all. The temp right now has dropped from about 70 degrees to 63, that is good news. It has dropped in Fayetteville to 64.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 PM

971 posts, read 1,444,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hubby had to see a doctor in Rogers this am. He said it was pouring downt there, but here, we have just gortten a nice soaking, very little real wind (nothing like predicted) and no tornado warning at all. The temp right now has dropped from about 70 degrees to 63, that is good news. It has dropped in Fayetteville to 64.
KY3 tv in Spg on the 10 p.m. news reported a couple of tornado touch downs north of I44.

Temp is at 27 and going down. Teens in the morning is expected.

I had 2 1/2 inches in the rain gauge this morning which was the vertical rain, don't know how much horrizonal rain the gauge missed.

Keep warn all.

Bluff

Old 01-31-2013, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
KY3 tv in Spg on the 10 p.m. news reported a couple of tornado touch downs north of I44.

Temp is at 27 and going down. Teens in the morning is expected.

I had 2 1/2 inches in the rain gauge this morning which was the vertical rain, don't know how much horrizonal rain the gauge missed.

Keep warn all.

Bluff
yep, the 5 ok news said the area around Fayetteville was hit slightly, but not as bad as had been expected. I really didn't need to hear how cold it is this am, I am the one that has to go outside this time and get the paper..of course hubby has a meeting at 7:15 so while I am enjoying a hot cup of coffee and reading the paper he will be freezing his tush off.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM

A good friend in Elkins said a tornado went behind her house, the roof of a business on HWY 16 was torn off, lots of fences and trees down. Said is was terrifying. Asked me if I still wanted to move back. I told her, "HELL YES".

Old 02-16-2013, 02:34 PM

I am just wondering how close we are to the end of our winter? We got a little snow over night, maybe 1/2 inch, but it melted by 9am. it seems for everyday that is 35 to 45 degrees we are having 2, in the 50s or low 60s. This might be one of the most mild winters we have had in recent years. I just hope we get a lot of moisture this spring and summer, so we can enjoy our garden. it has been 2 years since I have had really good tomatoes or squash. We have had a fair bean crup and last year, excellent catalope but that is a funny story for another time. Oh and our okra the year before last grew like crazy. Too bad I don't like it...

Old 02-16-2013, 02:48 PM

But there's always that April hard freeze up there, over there...down there? Has gotten many a garden of mine. Oh I wish I could grow Okra here, of course no one here has heard of that, and the growing season is too short.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
But there's always that April hard freeze up there, over there...down there? Has gotten many a garden of mine. Oh I wish I could grow Okra here, of course no one here has heard of that, and the growing season is too short.
Well if you don't get back to AR pretty soon and I grow some this year I will send it to you. I had more than we could use, hubby loves it, I have learned to like it a few ways, but I could spend the rest of my life without ever having any and I wouldn't cry over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas