U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 06:41 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,107,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
Hi All,
Reading lots of threads on this site kind of depresses me. For every ONE good review of the state you live in, there are FIVE that are negative. Arkansas has beautiful countryside from what Iíve seen, low taxes and good weather. It seems that the problem is the people who live there. Dose everyone expect people in the street to be happy and cheerful when you go round with long faces.
If we all go round happy with happy smiling faces being respectful to each other it actually becomes infectious and the world would be a better place, leave your problems at home, or better still, sort them out. ITS UP TO YOU GOOD PEOPLE TO CHANGE THINGS. For any of you that think I am some sort of religious nut, I am not. My philosophy is, each to their own but there is no point being miserable about it.
I live in the UK and want to live in Arkansas. Can anyone give me an opinion about the Crossett area that wonít make me feel like pulling a gun on myself.
Love to you All.
Popeye.
I am also from the UK but would not want to live in Arkansas

Old 04-21-2007, 10:10 AM

388 posts, read 1,616,545 times
Then don't

It will save space for those who want to.

It's all about choices, isn't it?

Old 04-21-2007, 10:21 PM

186 posts, read 493,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magrack View Post
Then don't

It will save space for those who want to.

It's all about choices, isn't it?
HAHA well put. I am in Russellville for work. beside being a dry county and the bible beltway it's not bad. I would live here but all the people that are into church and preach to me I think I would get into a fist fight from them being annoying. I guess that is what happens when you transplant a PA guy into a Ned Flanders environment I am just amazed at the culture difference. Weird doesn't begin to describe it. but lots of nice people when their not preaching. LOL I wonder what they think of me I bet I walk into work and they will start splashing that church water on me to get the demons out.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:13 AM

44 posts, read 172,911 times
It's all in your perspective. I live in Harrison and work on the lake in Diamond City. It's a great place to raise a family, and yes God is important to a lot of people here.

When I go to big cities, I'm constantly thinking "I wouldn't live in this kind of traffic for anything". I don't hunt or fish, but I go for a nice boatride about everyday. I always figured that if you can't get it at Wal-Mart, you don't really need it anyway. I ride my motorcycle 20 miles to work and we love to carve through the same mountain twists and turns that the flatlanders hate so much.

I like beer, so I got a kegerator so I don't have to make a 30 mile trip to the nearest liquor store so often. Our favorite cultural hero is Larry the Cable Guy.

You can't live here and shop at Macy's, but the people are a lot nicer. If you move here from out of state, try to laugh a lot, people will like you for it. Smile sometimes and people will gravitate towards you.

So many people that move here walk around with a perpetual grimmace that's been set in concrete by years of big city living. They are the ones that have trouble adjusting. Learn to slow down. Relax. It'll be OK.

Old 04-28-2007, 02:39 AM

1 posts, read 4,231 times
moving to tontitown, arkansas,, be there at least 6 months if not longer..what about lake front rentals near this town tontitown..furnished of course..

Old 04-30-2007, 01:01 PM

29 posts, read 73,252 times
Wink pistolero

Quote:
Hi All,- Can anyone give me an opinion about the Crossett area that wonít make me feel like pulling a gun on myself.
Love to you All.Popeye.
Now Now - we know that you cannot have a shoot-em up gun in the UK and you can not own one here till you get the Citizenship papers.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:45 PM

5 posts, read 24,276 times
Talking for Popeye

Hi Popeye,

Hey, at least in the UK, you can scream and yell right in Blair's face... we can't get anywhere near shrub (baby Bush), let alone let him know how we feel.
Your currency is valued at double ours, too.

Please look for my missive to vette, usnretired and oceanpotion.

Many blessings,
Nanette - soon to be a happy Ozarker!
<><

Quote:
Hi All,
...I live in the UK and want to live in Arkansas. Can anyone give me an opinion ... that won’t make me feel like pulling a gun on myself?
Love to you All.
Popeye.

Last edited by nanettew; 04-30-2007 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: changed to italics

Old 04-30-2007, 06:58 PM

5 posts, read 24,276 times
Smile Dear Millie

Do some investigative reading, please, ('red tops' don't exist in Arkansas) and check when was the last time any Arkansas police or security personnel actually blew up their own subway car* - later murdering an un-armed construction worker from Brazil with eight bullets to the head in an embarrassing attempt to blame him for 'jumping a barrier'.
*While this is happening, telling the Queen's SUBJECTS outside the tube that it's just a POWER MALFUNCTION.

Want a visitor's brochure and a state map?

Blessings,
Nanette
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
I am also from the UK but would not want to live in Arkansas

Old 05-01-2007, 07:13 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,372,096 times
Thumbs up Arkansas is awesome!

I spent some time in Arkansas a few years ago. It was a wonderful place, and a very positive experience overall. I agree that the countryside is beautiful, although I actually stayed in Little Rock. I was impressed with LR; although there's lots to do there and it seems like a big city, I actually felt quite safe.

The folks I met in Ark. were friendly, hospitable, sweet, Christian, and very ashamed of the Clintons (to which I said "don't feel bad"–we [Ohio] gave the world Jerry Springer!) and I generally felt a good connection with just about everyone I encountered there.

Some close friends of mine later moved to NE Ark. so who knows; maybe I'll be headin' back soon to visit

Old 05-01-2007, 11:40 AM

365 posts, read 890,722 times
Default Arkansas is for me

Arkansas is just like every other place, if you want to be there, you will be. Personally, I cannot wait to move there. I have owned property in Hot Springs Village for 15 years and will build a house there when I can retire in four years, if I can survive four more years in Nebraska without freezing to death or being blown into South Dakota from the wind.

But I am originally from Arkansas, so I know what to expect and will not be disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or