U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 12,145 times

Advertisements

I've lived in arkansas for 18 years in the Jonesboro area. The area is really growing and we have exciting new industry and a brand new mall opening later this month. The population is roughly 60,000 and racially balanced. For the religious, the area has enough churhes that it would take several months to visit them all. And, oh yeah, politics are good ole southern conservatism!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2006, 05:55 AM

14 posts, read 52,588 times
Cool Jonesboro sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripj777
I've lived in arkansas for 18 years in the Jonesboro area. The area is really growing and we have exciting new industry and a brand new mall opening later this month. The population is roughly 60,000 and racially balanced. For the religious, the area has enough churhes that it would take several months to visit them all. And, oh yeah, politics are good ole southern conservatism!!!
Sounds great, my wife and I will be visiting there the end of this month. Perhaps we'll add two more to the population in the near future. Gotta get out of south Florida.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 12,141 times
Default Best Place in Arkansas

My wife and I have lived all over the west coast including 12 years in Fla. We like Horseshoe Bend, AR. (www.horseshoebendar.com (broken link)) We have had a weekend house there for two years and are now there full time. HB is not fancy or high priced, but has everything we like. Great people.

Old 03-24-2006, 06:07 PM

135 posts, read 489,051 times
Default Where in Arkansas should I move to?

I am planning how to make my dream come true- living in the Ozark region or the Ouachita Mt area- out on 50 acres in the middle of nowhere. This is a lot of area! Can anyone help me with the differences between the various locations within this area? Any info or opinions would be appreciated- topology, land cover, people, jobs, areas I can or can't get internet and cell phone service, places where there is or isn't a lot of hunting, anything! Thanks.

Last edited by tenn or ozark bound; 03-24-2006 at 06:14 PM..

Old 03-31-2006, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 12,136 times
I'm trying to find they best place to but property in Arkansa too. I'm looking for some retirement property that mainly has the coolest weather in the summer and the best view, all within a 15-25 minute drive to a Wal-Mart & Home Depot. I plan to visit the Hot Springs area to look for something outside the city. Of course I would like 1-10 acres, with great views of water and/or mountains for a good price. I was told the Quachita mountain area is the most scenic, more so than the Ozarks. My mom and sister want to move too eventually. We are all from Memphis, so are tired of the city life and humid, windless summers. So, question is: Where are the coolest summers? Where are the highest elevation cities, which I would think would have the coolest summers? Where can you get inexpensive acres with very nice views with or without houses already built? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:02 AM

3 posts, read 36,636 times
Smile Mountain View

Hi there,

I thought that you might want to check out Mountain View or surrounding areas. This is a tourist town (folk fest is this weekend) We have lots of creeks, the White river(known for it's trout fishing) hunting, hiking, caves, and yes Wal-mart. There are some families here from California, and have actually kept their business's open for quite some time. Folks here are friendly for the most part,the majority of the complaints I hear are that people from out of state are buying up the land on the creeks and developing it. It sucks for us because that is where we grew up fishing, swimming, camping and now it is being posted. I guess it's easier for someone from out of state to buy that land, considering our average income is probably between 12,000-18,000 a year, and when you have mouths to feed and a long way to drive to work that ain't easy. Having your own business should keep you worry free though. The population is very small,probably smaller than where you are from. A lot of people seem to come here just to hide out We have DSL, I would get a Dishnetwork Satellite so you can receive your local channels, Cingular is the only way to go. Hope you find a good place to live, BEWARE of the culture shock.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:16 AM

Arrow Mountain View Web Site

http://www.ozarkgetaways.com/folk_festival.html (broken link)

Old 04-14-2006, 11:08 AM

I am thinking that, even if there is DSL in town, if I am living on 50 acres, I will be in the middle of no where (I am coming to hide out ) and won't have access to DSL. Then I will have to get the internet via wireless. Does this make sense?

Old 04-14-2006, 10:02 PM

Smile Mountain View

Yeah that makes sense, We have 200 acres out here and we just got DSL last year. If you need to go wireless cingular offers "The Edge" it is a wireless card but it costs an arm and a leg for unlimited access. about 79.99 a month on top of your wireless bill. As long as you have signal you should be able to use that. The only places in Mtn View that you may have a problem is if you live down in the valleys or down by the river. I hope you find a place soon.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:53 AM

200 acres, I'm jealous. And you still have DSL. Is your house near the road?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas