Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 04:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
I guess it is just a matter of preference. I don't want to travel 15 minutes to get to Walmart or a good hospital. I know many people who have left the Eureka Springs area (most elderly) because they were concerned about the drive for good medical care.
I guess out here in the boonies, we forget what it's like living in a good-sized town. 15 minutes doesn't seem like a long drive to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 09:47 AM

2 posts, read 5,754 times
I am considering relocating to NW AR for a large corporation. My question is how is the diversity there? I noticed on the demographics that it is 94% white, I have 2 bi-ratial children and my husband is black....can this town handle that?

Old 04-22-2010, 10:05 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmawhite6725 View Post
I am considering relocating to NW AR for a large corporation. My question is how is the diversity there? I noticed on the demographics that it is 94% white, I have 2 bi-ratial children and my husband is black....can this town handle that?
I don't htink it's the "town" handling it that I would take time pondering.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:50 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,357,743 times
You will be fine.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:35 AM

140 posts, read 475,133 times
Just an update, we have lived here in Northern Arkansas, 72687, yellville/flippin area, for 6yrs and a total of 7yrs here in this area. We still love it and can't believe how lucky we were to find all this Beautiful Country living. We both grew up in large Metro areas,( we do not feel the need at 50+in age to drive so much, so we order online as we need ), have traded that for Rural Hobby Farmsteading, we are not the wealthy transports from SoCal. but now own a nice simple home on 5.5 acres. We just wish we had more land, We have one milk cow, raise chickens for eggs and some meat , grow some great veggies , and have a few fruit trees starting to produce. Next month will be getting our first Bee hives to learn something new. We have taken the time to make good friends , that we have many things in common, we are not church goers because there is not a Synagogue nearby . We have not experienced any Discrimination, the majority of people have been mostly respectful , warm,and helpful to us. There are a couple of areas we have been tipped off about , (zinc, and Newton county) to be careful of , but things have changed here and still are , Folks have been moving here from all over the country and world for that matter, the larger the town or city the more diverse you will find it, if you like rural , then just move a little outside those cities to have the best of both worlds, as we have done. I personally don't wish to die in a Hospital, so when i go it will hopefully be at home , with our nice view of Green Hills , Trees , and wildlife visiting us. We had our 1st Humming birds on april 13th, and saw Wild turkeys and Deer today,with so many colors and types of Birds and Chorus Frogs singing to us at nite. It took us some time to find part time jobs, to supplement our retirement income, which is small, but we are very content. Our main force is to help others one by one, like taking surplus eggs and veggies to the food bank, once week is our goal . Arkansas is one of the Last best kept secrets of Freedom in America , I just hope the politicians do not try and copy other States like Calif's mistakes , by paving too many roads , this is the charm , who cares if their Cars and Trucks get dusty, Big city life stinks! Keep the Cement Sprawl out of Arkansas, Keep Gang Gun fire out, (when we here gunfire our neighbors are filling their freezer),
and keep our Water(with no water brokers , water rights intact) and air clean. Enjoy !

Last edited by Greenmon; 04-23-2010 at 12:44 AM..

Old 04-23-2010, 06:48 AM

13 posts, read 38,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmawhite6725 View Post
What has this got to do with the best place to live in Arkansas?

And I also agree with RogMar's statement.

Last edited by chainji; 04-23-2010 at 07:58 AM..

Old 04-23-2010, 09:22 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmon View Post
Just an update, we have lived here in Northern Arkansas, 72687, yellville/flippin area, for 6yrs and a total of 7yrs here in this area. We still love it and can't believe how lucky we were to find all this Beautiful Country living. We both grew up in large Metro areas,( we do not feel the need at 50+in age to drive so much, so we order online as we need ), have traded that for Rural Hobby Farmsteading, we are not the wealthy transports from SoCal. but now own a nice simple home on 5.5 acres. We just wish we had more land, We have one milk cow, raise chickens for eggs and some meat , grow some great veggies , and have a few fruit trees starting to produce. Next month will be getting our first Bee hives to learn something new. We have taken the time to make good friends , that we have many things in common, we are not church goers because there is not a Synagogue nearby . We have not experienced any Discrimination, the majority of people have been mostly respectful , warm,and helpful to us. There are a couple of areas we have been tipped off about , (zinc, and Newton county) to be careful of , but things have changed here and still are , Folks have been moving here from all over the country and world for that matter, the larger the town or city the more diverse you will find it, if you like rural , then just move a little outside those cities to have the best of both worlds, as we have done. I personally don't wish to die in a Hospital, so when i go it will hopefully be at home , with our nice view of Green Hills , Trees , and wildlife visiting us. We had our 1st Humming birds on april 13th, and saw Wild turkeys and Deer today,with so many colors and types of Birds and Chorus Frogs singing to us at nite. It took us some time to find part time jobs, to supplement our retirement income, which is small, but we are very content. Our main force is to help others one by one, like taking surplus eggs and veggies to the food bank, once week is our goal . Arkansas is one of the Last best kept secrets of Freedom in America , I just hope the politicians do not try and copy other States like Calif's mistakes , by paving too many roads , this is the charm , who cares if their Cars and Trucks get dusty, Big city life stinks! Keep the Cement Sprawl out of Arkansas, Keep Gang Gun fire out, (when we here gunfire our neighbors are filling their freezer),
and keep our Water(with no water brokers , water rights intact) and air clean. Enjoy !

--"I personally,don't wish to die in a hospital"--

No different than most people.

Most people prefer to be able to get to a hospital quickly if an emergency happens so they can go back home to live.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:25 PM

776 posts, read 1,275,130 times
Quote:
Best place to live in Arkansas?
yes.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:53 PM

9 posts, read 21,074 times
Sorry, I don't care what anyone says, this place sucks! Arkansas is such a stupid state to live in. Why would anyone want to come here? You have the whole country to check out. Please look over your options before you come to this black hole of America.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:38 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,357,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcraptor82 View Post
Sorry, I don't care what anyone says, this place sucks! Arkansas is such a stupid state to live in. Why would anyone want to come here? You have the whole country to check out. Please look over your options before you come to this black hole of America.
Crapster has six posts. All six say how bad everything sucks. I am sure he/she is a lot of fun to be around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas