U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 04:10 PM

57 posts, read 71,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelw View Post
I was in Harrison just last month for work. We ate breakfast at the Mill bakery cafe where a man cracked out of his mind made his way into the restaurant and proceeded to shout on his imaginary cell phone while asking for change. We had seen him a few minutes before standing at an intersection on the highway doing meth-head Tai Chi in traffic. Granted this is most likely not the norm in Harrison but to say being a dry county completely eliminates all those types of drunks is not true.
It must have been the birdman, "the" town nut. I think his problem is something other than alcohol.

And yes, meth is a huge problem... perhaps if we legalize it, it won't be so bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,181 times
This man is mentally disabled. He never harms anybody. He is actually quite interesting to speak with. We all have our issues, and bashing a mentally disabled man is not what Harrison is about. We all see him. Some honk and wave while others stare. No matter what your reaction, negative tag lines are not justified when talking about our fellow Harrison citizen. He is not a meth head. They stay locked in rooms waiting to get busted. And hopefully they are all busted very soon!!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 474 times
I like birdman. He is funny and harrison needs some laughter in her boring life. The first time I saw him I was 10 years old. I was with my grandmother and we went to pizza hut by daylight donuts and he was standing on the sidewalk by the stop sign and i looked at my grandmother and asked who he was and she said well honey thats birdman. I asked her why people call him that she said she didnt know. He was wearing nothing but a pair of overalls. You know he's just like me and you he just has a mental diability and I look forword to seeing him on the roads everytime I go to Harrison. I found out that his favorite resturant to eat at is Grand Fortuna. Its also mine I love chinese food. His real first name is johnathan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas