U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:20 PM
1SG

4 posts, read 8,559 times
Default Racism - Harrison, AR

In response to AWC, you hit the nail on the head. I too am looking at relocating to Harrison. I grew up in the worst slum in Columbus, OH, joined the Army for 22 years and lived in New Mexico for 7. Lived among all different types. I'm tired, tired of every time a person associated with a minority compalins of racism when they don't get what they want. Just look at the fire fighter case in Conneticut, Al Sharpton with the Michael Jackson issue, it goes on and on, I'm just plain tired and want to move to a place where I can associate with people who are,quite frankly more like me, so if that's racist, I'm a racist, I guess.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:36 PM
1SG

I'm looking to relocate to the Harrison, area and I also did a lot of research on small towns that I thought would make a nice retirement place. In that research, I looked at the demographics and then looked at crime statistics. I realized diversity is not for me.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:43 PM

3,513 posts, read 1,154,555 times
Looks like a bunch of white trash nationalists that live there. They say they dont want to be around non-whites. There kids are going to be traumatized when they get to the real world and have to communicate with people who dont look like them and are of different backgrounds.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SG View Post
hey tropolis, I've experienced more diversity than you will ever experience. I'm lily white, my daughter's god parents were black, she lived with a black couple for a while when we transfered to Houston, her husband is black, I have two black granchhildren, my lily white brother is married to a black woman with two black children. After all of that, I'm still tired of all the race baiting by minority groups. I'm TIRED! and I'm moving to the Ozarks.
Then I question why you leave your own to be among whites. Do you not wish you had these people in your life? Why do you choose to leave your black relatives for whites instead?

I know why these whites run for Harrison, they are white nationalists, many scared and confused, who want to be among there own. I already have mentioned how there kids will be freaks when they grow up because of there white parents trying to keep them in white world. Goodluck when your out in the real world, the kids will end up becoming skinheads due to lack of diversity and exposure in a real environment, not some made up white wonderland.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:33 PM

People also forget the history of Harrison. A lot of the land in Harrison that whites live on today was essentially stolen from the blacks when they were forced at gun point to leave Harrison.

Great documentary called Banished by PBS about what happened and all the racism that still exists today.

I still stand by what I say. Any person who moves to such a openly racist area deserves to be called out for what they are, a low life piece of trash that is an embarrassment to not only the white race, but the human race, for condoning past actions against blacks.

This thread is the perfect example. Half the posts people admit they don't like living with or among minorities, yet at the same time they say they arnt racist, which is hilarious.

People and places like Harrison, Arkansas are a perfect example of why many people believe that whites as a whole are racist. It's sad that people assume that, but I also feel sad for the low lifes that back racist places like Harrison and are ok with mistreatments of minorities.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:48 PM
1SG

You could very well be correct in your assumption that people in Harrison are a bunch of Nationalists. What's wrong with that? That's part of the problem in this country, no one has any pride in their background and nationality. The erosion of our borders has allowed people of all races to come here that refuse to accept our culture and instead think they have the right to force us to embrace theirs. When you give up your borders, your language and your culture you have lost your identity and the pride that keeps us strong as a nation. I am just so tired of I am African- American, Irish-American, Mexican-American or whatever else. My last name is of German heritage. My great, great Grandfather was born in Sachsen, Germany and immigrated here in 1852, but I don't call myself a German-American, wear lederhosen, eat bratwurst, swill beer, and yodel all of the time and chastise those who don't do the same. So, if I feel I need to move somewhere like Harrison to try and escape this insanity that is what I will do. If blacks, Asians, Jews, Hindus, Muslims, Mexicans wish to move there also, ok by me, just don't force your culture down my throat. Enjoy yours and celebrate to your hearts content. Maybe I'll be more inclined to join you and appreciate your culture without being forced. For some interesting reading search "Danish Immigration Policy" and read some of the articles, I think you'll be astonished.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:03 PM

Nationalists breed ignorance and stupidity. You know over 20 percent of the Harrison population lives below the poverty line, according to the 2008 numbers? Did you know the average income for a husband/wife household is 34,000, males 28 avg females 17 average. The city shines with its white trash Klan mentality with rampant poverty and ignorance.

I think it's rather sad that you choose to leave your diverse family, just to be with strangers who look like you. Dissapointed that you apparently have little pride or respect for your black family members and wish to wash your hands of them, which unfortunately further illustrates my reasoning of why places like Harrison are filled with racists that just flat out hate, dislike, want nothing to do with minorities.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:56 PM
1SG

So money is evrything to you? Did you know that the average price of a house in Harrison is $118,000 vs $140,000 in Houston, that Houston has the highest utility rates in the country, the highest car insurance rates in the country, the highest homeowners insurance rates in the country and some of the highest property taxes and the avg wage is not that much higher than Harrison. (I'm not exactly sure, so won't throw out any figures) Also Houston was just rated as the 4th most traffic congested in the country and rates in the top 10 for crime. So tropolis I'm not leaving to get away from my diverse family, I'm leaving for many reasons. And because me and my wife love our daughter's family we ARE considering other places closer. I find it sad that you can not read my post and respond to the issues I wrote about. Instead, you insist on dwelling on the black/white issue. I also find it sad that there are so many out there like you who are narrow minded and refuse to listen to what is said or written and keep spewing the black/white issue. Please take a moment to re read my previous post. And, I also find it sad that I seek out places like Harrison to retire because I,m tired of being forced to to hear rap booming out of cars and can't get a job unless I'm bi-lingual in Spanish or be oh so careful not to say anything that offends a Muslim. I've lived in many a country and I immersed myself in their culture and learned their language. I have to get going, work early in the morning and am picking up my wife at the airport, coming back from England, visiting her relatives, yes she abanded her family. She took our 11 year old diverse grandson with her to educate him on a different culture. Please reply, but not if you're just going to regurgitate more of this crap about how I hate blacks.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:31 PM

2,928 posts, read 4,351,975 times
Closed for Mod review...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas