Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 05:36 PM

17 posts, read 69,302 times

Advertisements

For those who live in Russellville...We went down Weir Rd today and there is a HUGE sign up showing the layout of the new shopping center! My ears are hurting a tad bit, due to my daughter's screaming excitement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 04:58 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,208,474 times
There's a little confusion over that, too...apparently both shopping centers on both sides are competing for the same anchor stores. Does anyone know the REAL status on that, has anything been carved in stone as far as who is going where?

Last I heard (the simplified version) is that one will get the anchors and the other center's plan will fold...????

Old 10-22-2008, 08:03 AM

483 posts, read 1,555,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
There's a little confusion over that, too...apparently both shopping centers on both sides are competing for the same anchor stores. Does anyone know the REAL status on that, has anything been carved in stone as far as who is going where?

Last I heard (the simplified version) is that one will get the anchors and the other center's plan will fold...????

I wouldn't think that would be the case, it just isn't smart investing if it were to go that way, and most business people wouldn't be willing to take that chance. I love rumors though, they always make for interesting conversations lol! There has been a new "development' planned for the old fair grounds land in Hot Springs for quite a while now, and there have been soooo many rumors as to what will actually be there. It will be interesting to see what comes of it! I did see a sign this last Sunday, since the land is acros the street from my church, that a Sam's Club is going in there, like we need another "wal-mart" here! But that will only encompass a small part of the development.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:29 AM

The layout signs are for 'The Grove' located at the corner of Russell & Weir/Prairie Grove Rd. I'm pretty sure this is the shopping center that will have the 14 screen theater, major department stores, and restaurants. If I can, I am going to get a closer look at that layout sign to see if anything is listed.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 PM

49 posts, read 170,037 times
i remember the layout for the other shopping mall also, and the movies was smaller like 10 screens i think, but i like how to grove is set up, seems to keep everything close by for walking, and not just in one long strip like the other, but im good with a strip mall also. more the better

Old 10-22-2008, 08:56 PM

49 posts, read 170,037 times
Home

the link to the site for the mall

Last edited by arkansasguy06; 10-22-2008 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: forgot to add what the link was for

Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 PM

Thanks for the link, arkansasguy! I like how the Promenade mall is built in Bentonville, AR. Very nice.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:05 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,208,474 times
You know...I know R'ville isn't a shopping mecca, but I do believe there is potential for huge growth in the area...and this looks like another shopping center to me, along the lines of the (virtually same) one in Conway. No pizzazz, no moving with the times. I'd like to see something more along the lines of Renaissance in Ridgeland, Mississippi, which is built more like a small town - lots of areas where it is foot traffic only, bistros, and lots of green.

About Renaissance:::Stills (http://www.renaissanceatcolonypark.com/about_stills01.php - broken link)

I know R'ville doesn't have the population or traffic to warrant it yet, but I'd like to see an eye to the future. With the new convention center and the growth the area is seeing, it's possible. Increased shopping is nice (I'm not a real shopper, so I guess the aesthetics shouldn't matter to me like they do), but it just seems a shame to put in another strip place like where the mall is now. Maybe the renditions of The Grove aren't doing it justice, but it looks...boring...eek, who said that???

Old 10-23-2008, 08:47 AM

Sam, I agree, RUSLV has a huge potential for growth. I would love to have something like the Promenade in Bentonville. I don't know if you've ever been there, but it is also set up as a little town with benches, trees, water fountains, music, lights at night, etc. I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to spend more when the aesthetics are pleasing. Surely, that was something they considered when planning a shopping center. So your not the only one guilty of wanting something more than an everyday strip mall.

I have my fingers crossed that The Grove will turn out with more than what's pictured, as far as looks go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas