Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 09:43 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,208,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLara View Post
I only lived here a year and a half but:

-being able to be completely broke and still make it
-the kindness of complete strangers I have never found anywhere else
-having a mountain, a river, lakes, and forests all in the same place
-those gorgeous cliffs at the Coloniel Glenn exit on 430.
-no traffic on the freeways b/c everyone takes backroads
-cheap! everything! (especially compared to Hawaii prices I'm paying now)
-making $10/hr and being almost middle class in my neighborhood
-seasons! (something you don't get in Dallas)
-Arkansasisms (jeet? kick it, cain't, etc)
-life just seemed so much simpler back then (or was that because I was only 19?)
-the air and water are so fresh and clean
-the heights area of LR
-driving through LR...city, random forest, more city, more forest...
-Paxton's Pizza
-Lake DeGray, Buffalo River, and all the other camping spots
-it's okay not to be wealthy
-you don't have to get dressed up to go to the store
-fun backroads adventures
-paintballing in the snow

My only complaint? The bugs!!!
Now.....ponder...

People come on this forum, and proclaim that AR is devil spawn, and the best thig to do is nuke it and start over.

Then, someone like this drops in, and starts naming off a list of good attributes.

One person finds *nobody* friendly, another finds everybody willing and able to help.

Is this...."The Twighlight Zone".

I think that some of these posters fell asleep on the Greyhound bus on the way home from vacation, woke up whilst traveling through Cleveland, and asked the driver, "Where are we?"

"Arkansas"

"Oh" <closing eyes and going back to sleep>

Old 01-17-2009, 11:46 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
http://www.metrolittlerockalliance.c...nal_report.pdf

Old 01-18-2009, 04:22 PM

763 posts, read 2,661,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
Now.....ponder...

People come on this forum, and proclaim that AR is devil spawn, and the best thig to do is nuke it and start over.

Then, someone like this drops in, and starts naming off a list of good attributes.

One person finds *nobody* friendly, another finds everybody willing and able to help.

Is this...."The Twighlight Zone".

I think that some of these posters fell asleep on the Greyhound bus on the way home from vacation, woke up whilst traveling through Cleveland, and asked the driver, "Where are we?"

"Arkansas"

"Oh" <closing eyes and going back to sleep>
Same anywhere you go. The good, the bad, and the ugly. lol.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:06 AM

134 posts, read 516,742 times
Ha ha! That's awesome! Didn't mean to stop everyone dead in their tracks. Like I said, I only lived there for a year and a half. Not everyone was friendly, but on the whole, I have to say that it was probably the "nicest" place I've lived, especially after people in Hawaii aren't exactly rolling out the welcome mat. I mean...in AR, people yield to YOU when you are getting on the freeway. They say hi when you go into a store. Crazy!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:50 AM

12 posts, read 34,123 times
If you live near northern Arkansas you must take a trip to find the Lost Valley on the Buffalo River near Jasper. Take pics while your there.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:41 PM

763 posts, read 2,661,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbbbie View Post
If you live near northern Arkansas you must take a trip to find the Lost Valley on the Buffalo River near Jasper. Take pics while your there.
Yes, the Buffalo River is beautiful.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:14 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,259,477 times
Q: Why do so many people like Arkansas?

A: Because it is Arkansas and not Kansas. It's an awesome place to live and play. Bugs? Spray your house, your yard and bug proof the pets. No bugs.

Last edited by linicx; 01-31-2009 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 01-31-2009, 08:31 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,570,973 times
I'm not from Arkansas, but I love it there. It's beautiful and the people are friendly. I like the countryside of Arkansas and I really like the Westend of Little Rock.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:41 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,312,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Q: Why do so many people like Arkansas?

A: Because it is Arkansas and not Kansas. It's an awesome place to live and play. Bugs? Spray your house, your yard and bug proof the pets. No bugs.
Kansas is not that bad, I like Kansas.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,280 times
We absolutely LOVE Arkansas, especially MOUNTAIN VIEW!!! We live in Missouri, which is a beautiful state, but when we go on a "get-a-way" trip, we always head for Mountain View. We love the beauty of the mountains, and the White River, that runs by the town. The people there are wonderful, and very friendly to us, and seem to really enjoy our music that we play. Its such a peaceful, serene, and relaxed atmosphere in Mountain View. It's always hard to leave that place and head for home, back to "reality" and the stresses of everyday life. When we're in Mountain View, we put all our cares and worries on the back burner, so to speak, and just enjoy life. We can't wait to head that way SOON! J & G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas