U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 10:20 AM

929 posts, read 2,340,421 times

Advertisements

Since the thread about "why do so many people hate Arkansas" got so much response, I thought I'd start one about "why do people love Arkansas.

I live in Louisiana and own a home in north Arkansas. I love Arkansas. Why? North centeral Arkansas is just so laid back. Some places seem lost in time. The people all seem so nice. Most that I've met will go out of their way to help you. The scenery is so beautiful. The trout fishing is great. All one has to do is visit some of the wonderful places in Arkansas and they will see what I'm talking about. A couple examples; go to Mountian View on a Saturday evening and listen to the music, fish one of the beautiful trout rivers, float the Buffalo, go to the caverns, etc.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:43 AM

194 posts, read 858,552 times
I'm not from Arkansas, but I did live in bordering states years ago. In my opinion, it's a very underrated state. Beautiful scenery in some parts. The only thing I didn't like is the bugs. But I guess all over the south there are lots of biting bugs that thrive in the humid and warm environs..

Old 01-11-2009, 11:40 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,110 posts, read 7,351,136 times
Well the last time we visited we loved

The beauty
The nice people
The prices
The wildlife
The Fishing
The Lightening Bugs
The Chicken Restraunt in Monte Ne
The roads without traffic
The Thunder Storms

Old 01-11-2009, 01:25 PM

69,252 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Cali Bass covered about everything: nice people, not pretenious (spelling) unbeliebable beauty, rivers and lakes, wild life in your back yard, low cost of living, you can have the relaxation of rural living and be within 45 minutes or less of good dining, medical facilitites, shopping, entertainment and yes, maybe ever a good college sports event if you live in NWA> Couldn't resist, we have the Hogs...

Nita

Old 01-11-2009, 01:36 PM

5,612 posts, read 13,236,060 times
I can't wait to there. My official new date: Summer 2010.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:31 PM

34 posts, read 176,507 times
We lived in NW AR for 3 yrs. Great quality of life. Beautiful parks, lots to do. Many major local companies funded A LOT of services to the public schools and activity centers. The people are cordial and friendly. Really enjoyed it. If you have children, need to look hard at school districts and then choose your community. OH yeah....the weather was great. 4 beautiful seasons.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:10 PM

1,661 posts, read 4,357,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Well the last time we visited we loved

The beauty
The nice people
The prices
The wildlife
The Fishing
The Lightening Bugs
The Chicken Restraunt in Monte Ne
The roads without traffic
The Thunder Storms
Well...........ya missed a few things....

The smell of the woods
Catfish frys
Sittin' side by side with a neighbor in your trucks, on a dirt road, in the afternoon.......

Just......jack-jawin'....and being glad ya got friends....you're walking upright another day....and that a whole bunch of folks *don't* like Arkansas.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:12 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,228,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
Since the thread about "why do so many people hate Arkansas" got so much response, I thought I'd start one about "why do people love Arkansas.

I live in Louisiana and own a home in north Arkansas. I love Arkansas. Why? North centeral Arkansas is just so laid back. Some places seem lost in time. The people all seem so nice. Most that I've met will go out of their way to help you. The scenery is so beautiful. The trout fishing is great. All one has to do is visit some of the wonderful places in Arkansas and they will see what I'm talking about. A couple examples; go to Mountian View on a Saturday evening and listen to the music, fish one of the beautiful trout rivers, float the Buffalo, go to the caverns, etc.
I think that Arkansas is probably the most beautifully scenic state. I love SW Missouri, don't get me wrong, but Arkansas beats it by a hair. You have not lived until you have driven Scenic Route 7 South of Jasper. It is extraordinary.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-11-2009, 03:21 PM

1,661 posts, read 4,357,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I can't wait to there. My official new date: Summer 2010.
Hey.....!!

How many time shifts are you going to go through?

I had a friend.

Good friend, I worked with him for years.

He bought a cabin in Maine. In the woods. Says to me, "I'm gonna retire, and live the rest of my life in that cabin."

Stocked it with 6 months of MRE's, generators, etc.

He retired. I called him, and said, When you goin'?"

He says, "Soon....I contracted to so-and-so for a year.

I called him before the year was up, and said, "When ya goin'?"

He says, "Soon....I contracted for another year, the money's just stupid, can't pass it up."

Before the year was up, his brother called me.

"Uh...yeah....he's dead, man. Pancreatic cancer. Got the word and 6 weeks later he died. We're going to have him cremated and spread his ashes at the cabin."

I guess he made it.

Money's nice. There's times I haven't had it, and times I have.

However, there's not enough to take the place of a warm afternoon on the porch with the dog at my feet, my wife at my side, and Mr. Booker's best in my glass.

Watching the deer frolic.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:03 PM

170 posts, read 283,481 times
Default About the Mountain View Arkansas area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post

I grew up in Mountain View Arkansas, and left just after highschool graduation. I have wished many times that I had stayed and raised a family there. The scenery is incredible, the area is very clean, and the music is wonderful. The local, long-time people are generous and friendly. Their major complaint is that new residents want to change things when they move there, thus making it like where they came from. They wonder why they would want change. The local talk in Mountain View is that they are 50 years behind and would like to be at least 100 years behind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas