U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 04:55 AM

511 posts, read 635,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
OP

ite going to get worse before it gets better ;-)

I moved from Ar back home to TX in '89. everytime I go to AR to visit family, i cant wait to leave... A very depressing state.

I heard ya, man. Even ppl's accents here are grating. It's not a beautiful southern accent like Georgia. It's abrasive and ugly. This week wasn't any better. Thanks to the lousy highway system, I spent 3 hours in desperation trying to get home from LIttle Rock to Bryant. They only have two routes and it was clogged up for miles due to an accident.

Also, I'm having a hard time finding a place to get my oil changed! Good grief, where are the quick lubes? My only options was some Razerback Joe's shack dump in Benton, or a couple of Jiffy Lube's in Little Rock. In my small Texas town, there was 5 quick lubes alone, yet only a handful in the whole metro!?!?!

The thing that gets me is they tax ppl to death with state tax and a 9% sales tax, and they have a 18 billion dollar budget and still can't improve the state. I ask ppl about the Little Rock zoo, and everyone is like, "oh it's ok, I guess". There's some pride for ya.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:47 AM

69,357 posts, read 79,541,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
I heard ya, man. Even ppl's accents here are grating. It's not a beautiful southern accent like Georgia. It's abrasive and ugly. This week wasn't any better. Thanks to the lousy highway system, I spent 3 hours in desperation trying to get home from LIttle Rock to Bryant. They only have two routes and it was clogged up for miles due to an accident.

Also, I'm having a hard time finding a place to get my oil changed! Good grief, where are the quick lubes? My only options was some Razerback Joe's shack dump in Benton, or a couple of Jiffy Lube's in Little Rock. In my small Texas town, there was 5 quick lubes alone, yet only a handful in the whole metro!?!?!

The thing that gets me is they tax ppl to death with state tax and a 9% sales tax, and they have a 18 billion dollar budget and still can't improve the state. I ask ppl about the Little Rock zoo, and everyone is like, "oh it's ok, I guess". There's some pride for ya.
now your whining is getting annoying cause many of us have no cheese to give you...

Nita

Old 02-08-2009, 07:23 AM

1,661 posts, read 4,360,937 times
Quote:
In my small Texas town, there was 5 quick lubes alone
*5* Quick Lube's?????

Man......that 'splains it.

You were in high cotton, my man.

If *I* had a chance to live in a town with FIVE Quick Lube's.....ya know what I'd do?

Yep.....I'd pack my Sunday-boots and stick my thumb out.

I'd be history in Arkansas.

Five Quick Lubes....

I can only dream.....

Old 02-08-2009, 07:57 AM

511 posts, read 635,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
now your whining is getting annoying cause many of us have no cheese to give you...

Nita
No one is forcing you to read my comments, ya know.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:12 AM

735 posts, read 1,053,862 times
Quote:
Why is it Texas is known for armadillos? When I lived in Texas, I almost never saw an armadillo.

Meanwhile, in the Ozarks, you can't drive a 1/4 mile without seeing a smashed armadillo on the side of the road in the summertime.

I'll I can figure is these armadillos just arrived from East Texas, and can't find a Jiffy Lube.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:40 PM

69,357 posts, read 79,541,504 times
Quote:

you mean you got all the way from Little Rock to Bryant in 3 hours, and you are complaining? Hey, what is the sales tax in your "little" town in Texas? Along with property taxes out of sight in Texas the sales tax in many places is hovering around 8%, not much difference as I see it...Of course, I guess you don't own a home. What zoo do you have in your "little" town in Texas?

NIta

Old 02-08-2009, 02:24 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,083,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspond1 View Post
If you think that Arkansas is bad, try moving to Connecticut. The property taxes there are about 6x the property taxes here, and there is a sales tax and state income tax.

Visit the motor vehicle department there. There are special lines for everything, and heaven help you if you get in the wrong line. They will rudely tell you to get to the back of the "correct" one.

You need to be a little more flexible. There is more than one way to do things, and you might just learn something if you stop to see how other people do things. Different doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Relax.
also personal property tax,boat,car,trailer etc. and emmisions

Old 02-08-2009, 02:43 PM

735 posts, read 1,053,862 times
Arkansas doesn't require auto inspection or smog check like Texas.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:46 PM

350 posts, read 1,125,392 times
I drive to Benton every week and it never takes me more than 30 min and if traffic is light it's 20 min.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:45 PM

529 posts, read 1,404,179 times
Moderator cut: inappropriate No matter where you move a Texan they are always going to complain because it's not Texas. No one else in the US has such blind pride like Texans.

Last edited by leorah; 02-08-2009 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: inappropriate comment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or