U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 04:16 AM

6 posts, read 26,316 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone. HELP!!!!! I'm a Military Wife (from California ) Relocating to AR to be near my husband while he is stationed in AR. I'm moving Begining/mid APRIL. I don't even know where to start! Looking for a place in a city/state I have never been to is like getting dressed in the dark, (your pretty much screewed lol). I would like to be somewhat near Little Rock AFB. Either in Jacksonville, Cabot, Sherwood, North Little Rock? I'm not sure exactly what the distance is from the base to these cities? I do know the AFB is in Jax. But I have no Idea where to live . No or low crime rate and A good Neighborhood is #1 on my list as I have an Infant. I would like to be able to take a walk at night or during the day and not be scared. Are there any other cities I should look at? AND which areas of these cities should I stay away from???? I don't want to be in or near the Ghetto. Also can anyone suggest month to month or/short term lease home rentals or apartment rentals in these cities please??Can ANYONE PLEASE Help Me?! Thanks I Appreciate it!!!!
PS. Anyother suggestions would be cool too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 04:30 PM

Post Help!! Relocating to AR

Hi I'm relocating to AR and don't know what is a good area :? ANy suggestions? I need to be near the AFB. Maybe Jacksonville, SHerwood, North Little Rock?

Old 03-19-2007, 05:17 PM

296 posts, read 1,134,005 times
Default Sherwood maybe your answer........

From what I heard on the Arkansas News last night, Sherwood is probably what your looking for. It's close to the air base and a lot of younger families are buying homes there. It has the small town home feel with Little Rock and Jacksonville close by. Do a search as see what you can find out. Good luck.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:55 PM

388 posts, read 1,616,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudUSAFWife View Post
Hi I'm relocating to AR and don't know what is a good area :? ANy suggestions? I need to be near the AFB. Maybe Jacksonville, SHerwood, North Little Rock?
You should add Cabot to the list of places to check out.

From exit 11 (LRAFB) to Cabot exit, it's only about 10 miles on a 4 lane highway.

Many AF families live there and many return to retire there.

Schools are reputed to be better than any of the other places you listed, if that is a consideration.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:14 PM

Post Reloc to AR

Hi thanks for the info. We will only be here for 6months and looking for home or apartment rental. Cabot sounds like something we should consider. Been looking on craigslist but not a whole lot. I've tried search engines and am having a ruff time. Can you suggest anything? I'm moving there in early mid april. Thanks so much for any help you can give .

Old 03-19-2007, 06:20 PM

Post SHerwood?

Hi thank you for your help! I have been trying to do searchrs but have not come up with much. I'm having a ruff time as I need to move beg of April. Let me know if you can think of anything else or have any more info on Sherwood or maybe even Cabot? Thank you

Old 03-19-2007, 10:21 PM

388 posts, read 1,616,803 times
About the best I could suggest would be; Google realtors cabot ar.

Pick one from the list, give them a call and see where it leads you.

Even if they don't handle rentals, they should be able to give you the name of someone who does.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:21 PM

296 posts, read 1,134,005 times
Default Sherwood Info........

hello....do a yahoo search and type in sherwood, arkansas and you should see "City of Sherwoord" website among other websites. Hope this helps.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,035 times
Welcome to Arkansas! We moved here from Texas 20 years ago and LOVE it. Home prices are much lower than California to say the least - plus you can buy a home an acre or 10 acres. We moved to Cabot 20 years ago, before its growth explosion. Pop in 1987 was 8,000 - now its way over 20,000. I'd recommend Beebe, which is only a 5-10 min drive on the freeway from Cabot. Beebe schools are excellent and the people are very friendly - population around 5000. You can get the Beebe and Cabot newspapers on their websites; also, check out www.city-data.com and search the census and demographics for those areas that interest you. I would stay away from Jacksonville because it is pretty much developed.Good luck!.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:26 PM

4 posts, read 12,998 times
Default Arkansas Newspapers Online

For those who need to find a rental or whatever in an Arkansas newspaper classified section, try doing a Google search for Arkansas newspapers. You should be able to find websites with lists of newspapers listed alphabetically according to the town names and other websites with newspapers listed alphabetically according to the newspaper names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or