Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 09:27 PM

6 posts, read 24,434 times

Advertisements

We just moved to russellville about a month ago. We live on Crow Mountain in Cliff & Stream subdivision, so we occasionally get a whiff of a chicken house or two when we drive up the back way from Atkins. Otherwise, I haven't smelled the rendering plant on my trips into town or into Dardanelle, yet. Not saying I won't ever smell it, but it certainly wasn't something we worried about or considered in our move here. We went to Savannah's (great place on the Arkansas river in Dardanelle, best ambiance we've experienced in the area so far--the prime rib is fantastic!) for our anniversary and sat outside on the deck overlooking the river. A stink free experience all the way around!

And I have to say, my votes for stinkiest towns in Arkansas would have to be for Pine Bluff (paper mill) and West Memphis (not sure what ungodly foulness that is). No offense to those who live there but there are days and parts of town that are quite noxious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 08:19 AM

21 posts, read 95,244 times
stick around bretheren, i was in russellville for college and all of my othere friends noticed it as well crow mtn aint russellville, i am talkin downtown. from where main and arkansas intersect on towards dardanelle and the loop
(7t) back around to arkansas. that whole circle on the right day is straight up rank. ON a windy day when the smell is about, you can smell it consideralbly further, many days however, no smell at all.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:16 AM

16 posts, read 79,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymaker View Post
stick around bretheren, i was in russellville for college and all of my othere friends noticed it as well crow mtn aint russellville, i am talkin downtown. from where main and arkansas intersect on towards dardanelle and the loop
(7t) back around to arkansas. that whole circle on the right day is straight up rank. ON a windy day when the smell is about, you can smell it consideralbly further, many days however, no smell at all.
Seriously. I grew up in Pottsville, went to school at Tech and worked for Dardanelle PD before moving to Las Vegas. Yeah, if you are driving down 7t it stinks. And you are right, you smell it more in the winter when the brush is down so it dosen't block the smell. I lived in several different spots in Russellville and never had a problem. My best friend currently lives about a mile and a half from the plant and I have been at her house countless times and never smelled a thing. I am sure she has days, but I have never heard her complain about it. Maybe your sewage was backed up wherever you lived and that was your problem. Yeah, I wouldn't choose to live on 7t, but I never smelled anything anywhere else except in the immediate vicinity of the plant, and even that is not every day. Your post was so ridiculous to me that I had to register and stand up a bit for poor old "stinky" russellville. While it is not exactly a center of commerce, it is an excellent place to live and Pottsville is still one of the best school districts in the state, so I would suggest looking within that school district if you are relocating with children.

Last edited by jenn0816; 07-21-2007 at 12:39 AM.. Reason: spelling error.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:07 PM

10 posts, read 36,933 times
It's a great retirement village, or if your into working on your feet on a line or in a factory.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:06 AM

49 posts, read 170,567 times
with the sales tax voted to keep going for another 6 years, lots of good news for russellville, if you drive down alot of the roads in the past few weeks, you can already see a ton of new road work being done, i know you may be but their in my way, and i have to go around them, but once their done russellville would be know for it roads and it will make driving around this town alot more easy i think. and down by the lake the new cov center going in, im thinking once that thing is built its going to help bring in alot more big name things into russellville, and also the same goes with the new mall if it is ever even started on, if any one has any info on when that thing is pose to be started on the new mall that is, i would like to know thanks

Old 09-16-2007, 11:25 PM

108 posts, read 399,391 times
Default Russelville?

My husband and I lived in Russelville AR for 5 months. It is a beautiful town, but nothing more than that (my opinion). I remember we were looking for a baby store, and they told me that there are no baby stores in Russelville (this was almost 6 years ago), I was shocked. There is really no career oportunities there. We needed to call the police many times because of many screamings and weird behavior of neighbors in the middle of the night (we lived off phoenix st). And we just couldnt wait for the moment to leave. There was nothing really to do. Most stores were close Sundays... there were no people walking in the streets..... just quiet..... very depressing for us. But really, good luck to whoever thinks anout moving there. There are people thatlike that town.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:39 PM

858 posts, read 680,008 times
I noticed this thread was last active in 2007. I was wondering has Russellville gotten any better or has the long recession hurt it more like so many other small towns?

Old 05-29-2019, 11:02 AM

858 posts, read 680,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
I noticed this thread was last active in 2007. I was wondering has Russellville gotten any better or has the long recession hurt it more like so many other small towns?

I drove through that area recently and I got my own answer..the oldtown is dead and boarded up.
Sad

Though all the franchise joints and big-boxes seem to be doing well!

Old 05-29-2019, 12:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
An problems Russelville has probably can't be attributed to the recession. Why? Because AR was on state that wasn't hit by the recession very hard. It remained though years as one of the states with a low employment rate.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:52 PM

340 posts, read 515,390 times
Recession? That ended over two years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas