U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 05:02 AM

68,164 posts, read 78,046,674 times

Advertisements

This might be hard for many of you to beleive but we had a curview when I was growing up: we could only be out a night til a certain time unless we were coming or going to someplace...We also couldn't drive period after dark until we had been driving 6 months or had an adult with us. This really wasn't much of a problem: most families only had one car and it had to be shared, thus many kids, especially girls didn't bother to get a license until they were almost out of high school. We were also given a time to be home by our parents and we never had more that 4 people in a car at once.

Of course eventually many of us left for college: did we have a lot of freedom then? Not really, at the University of Colo freshman couldn't have cars, we walked everywhere, guys were not allowed in any part of the dorm other than the social areas and the dorm doors were locked after a certain time: 10pm on week days, 1am on Fri and Sat and 11pm on Sunday...If you lived in a sorority house it was the same, only there you even had a house mother watching over you.. Things have changed huh? Guess what? We all survived.

Nita

Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 PM

5,783 posts, read 15,338,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This might be hard for many of you to beleive but we had a curview when I was growing up
Curfew. That's the word.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:25 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,005,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
Just recently AR passed a law that teens drivers cant have more than 1 teen in the car with them and they now have a curfue. 11pm-4am teens are not allowed to drive. just wait till they pass the law that says you cant get a DL till your 18. (it's to make the teenage deaths get lower and since the parents arent doing their job Arkansas is. now what is your opinion?
You are taking things out of context here. The curfew is not state, but community. Some do and most don't. The number of passengers in the car depends on the age of the driver.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:33 AM

68,164 posts, read 78,046,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Curfew. That's the word.
I knew when I typed it something was wrong.

Nita

Old 07-07-2009, 01:12 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,005,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
Just recently AR passed a law that teens drivers cant have more than 1 teen in the car with them and they now have a curfue. 11pm-4am teens are not allowed to drive. just wait till they pass the law that says you cant get a DL till your 18. (it's to make the teenage deaths get lower and since the parents arent doing their job Arkansas is. now what is your opinion?
You are taking things out of context. Arkansas didn't pass a curfew; some communities do, but most don't. The number of passengers in a teen driver's car depends on the age of the driver.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:49 PM

27 posts, read 65,414 times
Default I Agree

Me being a teenage driver I agree with it. Car Accidents are the leading cause of death for teenagers in Arkansas and if they raised it to 18 and let kids get permits at 16 then they would have more experience on the road and they should definitely put the cell phones away while driving.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 PM

94 posts, read 176,801 times
I'm not from Arkansas, just an outsider. I'm orignal from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but moved down to Virginia if I only knew why. Anyways, up in PA the curfew for 16 years old, and 17 years old. According to the state and regulations, the teenage drivers can't drive pass 11pm. Doesn't matter how many teens are in the vehicle, everyone under 18 has to be off the streets before 11pm. Unless, you are working late. You must have a work time clock sheet or receipt of the time you punched out.

I'm not sure about the Virginia laws, since I've just moved down here couple of months ago. Assuming the same laws are in effect or applied to. I'm 23 years old now, wished I were 18 again. Also, in Pennsylvania (PA) when in High School, you can receive your driver's license (DL) at 17.5 years old. Don't know how that is possible. I have to agree also, the driving road test is way too easy. As in PA, you have to pass the written test, after 6 months, pass the parrell parking (don't know the correct way of spelling), then the road test (mainly around the block).

When I got my CDL Class A (Commerical Driver's License) at age 19, you have to go to school for 6 to 15 weeks of classwork and training, pass the written test first, wait 7 days. Pass the Pre-trip inspections, Air Brakes Test, Pass the parrell parking in a BigRig Truck with a 53 ft trailer behind you, down hill procedures, Emergency stop procedures, and pass all the instructions given and pass all the state, federal and regulation laws and policies. It is alot easier than you think. (I know, easy said than done, right?)

Seems to me, like some laws in Arkansas is different. Is it? Also, in Arkansas residents, does every vehicle you have, need to have one license plate or two? In Virginia, you must have 2 license plates (one in the rear, and one in the front of the vehicle.) Don't know why?

(Just recently AR passed a law that teens drivers cant have more than 1 teen in the car with them and they now have a curfue. 11pm-4am teens are not allowed to drive. just wait till they pass the law that says you cant get a DL till your 18.) Is that true? if so, that is the first state even have that as a law. I guess that is not a bad idea, if you think about it...

Old 08-05-2009, 02:40 AM

1,661 posts, read 4,318,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterbilt379 View Post
Seems to me, like some laws in Arkansas is different. Is it? Also, in Arkansas residents, does every vehicle you have, need to have one license plate or two? In Virginia, you must have 2 license plates (one in the rear, and one in the front of the vehicle.) Don't know why?
Two-plate states have made it so for ID purposes, so LEO's can spot your plate from the front.

Congrats on the CDL. Two help wanted ads you'll see every day...drivers and nurses.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:20 AM

94 posts, read 176,801 times
Thanks RogMar, Got the CDL in one try. Does Arkansas requires two license plates on vehicles also?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:56 AM

1,661 posts, read 4,318,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterbilt379 View Post
Thanks RogMar, Got the CDL in one try. Does Arkansas requires two license plates on vehicles also?
Not on personal vehicles, but there are regs for commercial vehicles (used with your business) that require two plates.

I am not familiar with them, never looked them up, but I know that various friends that have construction and other businesses are double-tagged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or