U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 03:17 PM

96 posts, read 464,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpontiac80 View Post
I tried to answer them the best I could. I was born and raised in Springdale all my life of 31 years untill 2007. I now live in Conway near Little Rock.
Thanks for your time in answering my questions, very informative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 03:19 PM

96 posts, read 464,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Float the Elk River. It's about 10-15 minutes North of Bella Vista, and in May it's beautiful, peaceful and easy for a seven year old. Also, you should check out the Farmers Market in Fayetteville one Saturday morning while you are here. It's close to Dickson St, a beautiful square, and you can sightsee around Fayetteville. Then drive to Prairie Grove to see the battlefield. There's a battlefield in Pea Ridge as well, and if you visit that battlefield, then you should take a drive out to Lost Bridge. Fabulous views near the lodge, hiking trails in both the North and South parks. If it's warm you could possibly go swimming, if not, you could rent a boat and see the dam. Have dinner at Across the Creek---all you can eat seafood buffet in Garfield. Very casual. Or you might want to visit the War Eagle Mill. They've worked tremendously hard to clear the hiking trails at the Hobbs Estate. You can have lunch at the mill--really good cornbread. Eureka Springs will be opening up all the stores. Plenty of great restaurants, hardly any chains. If you visit the Crescent, you should check out the Catholic Church--entry through the bell tower, very unique. Lake Leatherwood is neat and on the way to Eureka Springs. Several trails, one goes completely around the lake. There's lots more to do as well.
Thanks for the idea's. We just got a AAA guide book, that book combined with your idea's gives us more than a weeks worth of activites. Thanks again.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:18 PM

2,024 posts, read 4,485,662 times
On March 12, 2006 Benton county was hit by both a f-3 and f-2 tornado from the same supercell thunderstorm so they can happen. Bella Vista can get tornados too. Most tornados are weak and small in diameter so chances are you would never see one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or