U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-19-2009, 09:55 AM
 
36 posts, read 96,268 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

Is there any places suitable for home gardens in either county? Or do you need raised beds? (rocky?)

What is the most common/plentiful kind of fish in Greers Lake? Are there bait places close by?

Any recommendations for Cleburne County Baptist church?

Where exactly is that tiger/lion sanctuary (whatever it is) located? Don't want to be near that area.

Might consider Stone co. but don't want to get too far from the lake.

Thank you to anyone who lives in the area who can answer any of these questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2009, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Haynesville, La.-Pangburn, Ar.
929 posts, read 2,396,801 times
Reputation: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngurl View Post
Is there any places suitable for home gardens in either county? Or do you need raised beds? (rocky?)

What is the most common/plentiful kind of fish in Greers Lake? Are there bait places close by?

Any recommendations for Cleburne County Baptist church?

Where exactly is that tiger/lion sanctuary (whatever it is) located? Don't want to be near that area.

Might consider Stone co. but don't want to get too far from the lake.

Thank you to anyone who lives in the area who can answer any of these questions.
I have a vacation home in Cleburne co. and I see gardens everywhere.
I don't fish the lake. I fish the river for trout. Don't know about the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 06:56 PM
 
36 posts, read 96,268 times
Reputation: 26
Thanks!! I have to have a big garden, will also need a few acres for space (chickens) and hopefully peace and quiet. Will not be in a subdivision or town. Have to be somewhat rural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Haynesville, La.-Pangburn, Ar.
929 posts, read 2,396,801 times
Reputation: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngurl View Post
Thanks!! I have to have a big garden, will also need a few acres for space (chickens) and hopefully peace and quiet. Will not be in a subdivision or town. Have to be somewhat rural.
We started vacating in Heber Springs about 9 years ago. We decided to find us a place because we just love the area. We finally found a place Between Heber and Pangburn. It's just lovely there. Can't wait to live there one day!
There is a guy in our neighborhood who has a large garden and grows a lot of veggies for the local elderly folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2009, 06:53 PM
 
36 posts, read 96,268 times
Reputation: 26
Ok, got the garden and fish questions answered. That leaves the lion sanctuary and the church.

If you want, you can pm me the info. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2009, 07:00 AM
 
Location: The Rock!
2,370 posts, read 6,995,779 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngurl View Post
Ok, got the garden and fish questions answered. That leaves the lion sanctuary and the church.

If you want, you can pm me the info. Thank you.

Is this the sanctuary you're thinking of: Relocate ?

If so, that's a pretty good ways from Stone and Cleburne counties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2009, 06:27 PM
 
36 posts, read 96,268 times
Reputation: 26
I don't think so. I had run across a thread on the Homesteadingtoday forum and I believe it is/was closer than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
 
Location: IRAQ
27 posts, read 71,897 times
Reputation: 16
Default Church

As far as churches are concerned there are allot of baptist churches around here, but i recommend the Brownsville Baptist Church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngurl View Post
Ok, got the garden and fish questions answered. That leaves the lion sanctuary and the church.

If you want, you can pm me the info. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2009, 07:31 AM
 
36 posts, read 96,268 times
Reputation: 26
Default I should have clarified

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldeoff View Post
As far as churches are concerned there are allot of baptist churches around here, but i recommend the Brownsville Baptist Church.
Thanks, but that church is in Lonoke.

We are looking for a conservative IF baptist church (only) in Cleburne/Stone/Conway co. Thanks, ya'll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2009, 03:04 AM
 
8 posts, read 15,440 times
Reputation: 10
Default Brownsville Baptist church in Greers Ferry, Ar

There is a Brownsville Baptist church in outside a city called Greers Ferry, Ar. It is a community that is known as Brownsville to the locals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngurl View Post
Thanks, but that church is in Lonoke.

We are looking for a conservative IF baptist church (only) in Cleburne/Stone/Conway co. Thanks, ya'll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top