Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 12:19 AM

1 posts, read 8,990 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of moving to Pine Bluff Arkansas.. I'm a single mother to a handsome little boy who is mixed..He is now 7 yrs old.. And I take care of my mother.. We live on a fixed income.. So I was wanting to know what it was like to live there.. Is it cheap or what? What is there to do there? How are the schools? PLace I need to know about? How are the people there? Anything you can tell me would be so helpful...
Thank you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 08:46 PM

112 posts, read 295,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightPrincess View Post
I am thinking of moving to Pine Bluff Arkansas.. I'm a single mother to a handsome little boy who is mixed..He is now 7 yrs old.. And I take care of my mother.. We live on a fixed income.. So I was wanting to know what it was like to live there.. Is it cheap or what? What is there to do there? How are the schools? PLace I need to know about? How are the people there? Anything you can tell me would be so helpful...
Thank you

I was born in Pine Bluff, grew up in Little Rock. These two cities are consistently ranked among the worst in the nation for crime. Is there something in/around PB that's attracting you, or are you just looking at the map and circling some places that look interesting? Is there an area 'type' that you're looking for (like more urban, or more rural) because there might be some better suggestions for you than Pine Bluff.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:28 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,688,824 times
Pine Bluff is one of the worst places in Arkansas. Not even as nice as Denham Springs.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:26 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,733,823 times
If I had a choice of places I'd want to live in Arkansas...it would be pretty far down on the list.
Crime is a really big issue and I bet your son would be pretty bored down there.
Is there some reason you want to move to Pine Bluff?
Have you looked into Bryant, Benton, or even Hot Springs?

Old 05-06-2009, 04:45 PM

2 posts, read 10,108 times
Default positive look

My dear
Don't move to Pine Bluff. The city is backwards and dull and crime is bad. Consider Hot Springs or Camden or Star City. I lived there for 9 awful years. It is the dullest place on the planet

Old 05-08-2009, 02:21 PM

12 posts, read 47,692 times
What's wrong with Denham Springs? You'd best think long and hard about moving to Pine Bluff. It will only be a mistake. Nothing in this city for you; the mall is about to close up, no shopping except Wal-Mart and it's usually out of most things. Stay away from Pine Bluff! Your child doesn't need to grow up in this gang infested town. Conway would be a nice town for you.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:37 AM

5 posts, read 16,197 times
Pine Bluff is full of crime.I live near it,i'd suggest Star City or Monticello.If you re wanting to live in Southeast Arkansas.But if you are looking to work,try other parts of arkansas,there's no jobs here!

Old 06-21-2010, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 7,272 times
don't move to pb ain't nothin there but a college and walmart. there is one mall and nearly closed down. no jobs. ragedy , full of crime. it is a black city, which i am too. and i hate. ive been here 19 horrible years. you can go to the mall and see the same people at walmart soon as you leave the mall. the town is just that small. everyone knows everyone, crime is HORRIBLE. for it to be small, its ranked 2 in murders in all US cities. i would suggest you not move to pb.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 5,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by positive look View Post
My dear
Don't move to Pine Bluff. The city is backwards and dull and crime is bad. Consider Hot Springs or Camden or Star City. I lived there for 9 awful years. It is the dullest place on the planet
I'm glad I read this, there Is an old house on 14th st that I was going to buy but after seeing the crime rates I've changed my mind. I would not feel safe alone while fixing the place. Thanks, Karina Von Watteville

Old 03-10-2015, 10:30 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,764,657 times
It's called "crime bluff" by locals, DO NOT move there. I would recommend Monticello, Crossett, El Dorado. Inexpensive, and safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas