U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 09:18 AM

4,773 posts, read 6,576,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post

Anyway, I'm thinking this post was posted simply to stir things up.
Not so. It really happened, and I found it funny.

Some of you should learn to laugh more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 01:38 PM

71,736 posts, read 83,359,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I have to tell you what I saw last weekend.

I was in Paris, Arkansas on Saturday afternoon (nice little town!) and from the number of guys and gals going around town with formal wear on, you could tell they were having their high school prom that night. (We asked at a restaurant, and sure enough, they were.)

Some of them were taking carriage rides in their finery before the dance, and we saw a sweet teenaged couple all dressed up, guy with his arm around the girl.....who held a baby in her lap. (The baby was all "dolled" up, too!)

Well, anyway, Arkansas can't be blamed for that, I know, I just thought it was funny. (No offense to anyone.) We have two girls here in my own town in Louisiana that have had babies this year (at 16)....one of them a member of our church! They and their parents all have a tough row to hoe.

But we all just got a kick out of seeing that baby going to the prom...."You know you're in Arkansas when...." LOL
wow, what a scene...I don't know if I would have laughed or cried had I seen something like that..

Nita

Old 04-27-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Sounded like there was love on that little ride. Sometimes coutry people marry before finishing high school. I thought it sounded sweet.

Personally I just rejoice that the baby was not aborted.
Not aborted, I agree, but sweet, you can't be serious!!!! Or maybe you are. I hope the phrase "country people" was not meant as a put down..

Nita

Old 04-27-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
You quote a person's previous message by simply hitting "Quote" in the bottom right corner of every post........

Anyway, I'm thinking this post was posted simply to stir things up.
I disagree with you, the poster come here often, is a lover of AR, but found the situation to be a bit over the line. I don't think she/he meant to imply when you see a teen ager preg. they must be from AR. The OP post was more to point out how things have changed and how surprised they were to see such a thing...

Nita

Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 PM

8 posts, read 11,233 times
Yeah thats something else. I am more worried about our corrupt politicians.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:54 PM

620 posts, read 1,865,137 times
The image presented in the story was sweet, as I saw it. Perhaps a little off the mark for a prom, but sweet none the less. I imagined that the couple, despite the stigma attached to their situation, had already decided to make the best of it and was already trying to include this new life in everything that meant anything to them. God bless 'em for that!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:25 PM

3,203 posts, read 3,340,426 times
This post is GD stupid & pretentious.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:03 PM

730 posts, read 2,013,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I have to tell you what I saw last weekend.

I was in Paris, Arkansas on Saturday afternoon (nice little town!) and from the number of guys and gals going around town with formal wear on, you could tell they were having their high school prom that night. (We asked at a restaurant, and sure enough, they were.)

Some of them were taking carriage rides in their finery before the dance, and we saw a sweet teenaged couple all dressed up, guy with his arm around the girl.....who held a baby in her lap. (The baby was all "dolled" up, too!)

Well, anyway, Arkansas can't be blamed for that, I know, I just thought it was funny. (No offense to anyone.) We have two girls here in my own town in Louisiana that have had babies this year (at 16)....one of them a member of our church! They and their parents all have a tough row to hoe.

But we all just got a kick out of seeing that baby going to the prom...."You know you're in Arkansas when...." LOL

If you can't laugh- then what can you do?! I get it. Lighten up people! Unless of course this is your grandchild.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:06 AM

3,203 posts, read 3,340,426 times
Maybe this baby was a dwarf that was going to prom do to inbreeding. That would be my assumption.

I have heard in some states (I won't mention names.... Nebraska!) a dog went to prom. I had to chuckle at the silliness. Imagine, a dog at a prom.... SILLY!!!

Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 AM

1,661 posts, read 4,479,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Imagine, a dog at a prom....
HEY.....!!

OK...OK...I admit my 11th grade date wasn't a solid '10'.........

but, she had 'personality'....ya know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or