U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-25-2009, 09:26 AM
 
1,661 posts, read 4,361,606 times
Reputation: 1283

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
"of course, everything is always good where God is".Nita
I didn't realize he worked at Western Sizzlin', Nita...

'preciate the tip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-25-2009, 09:46 AM
 
465 posts, read 1,250,822 times
Reputation: 124
Well you just make the best of it. If your lucky enough to have a car growing up and gas money you go to Fayettville or Tulsa when you can.
The bar scene on Garrison is way better than it was a few years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2009, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,367 posts, read 79,558,446 times
Reputation: 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
I didn't realize he worked at Western Sizzlin', Nita...

'preciate the tip.
That was my thought, I don't know if I didn't say it cause I was being nice or I just didn't think fast enough.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2009, 01:22 PM
 
12,439 posts, read 9,959,483 times
Reputation: 3129
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That was my thought, I don't know if I didn't say it cause I was being nice or I just didn't think fast enough.

Nita
My wife always gets on to me for putting down the town...not because she likes it but she just gets tired of hearing about it and she knows that we can't move for a couple of years, but she had to even laugh at a scene I have only seen in Fort Smith.

We were walking out of a movie rental place and there was this guy in a beat up truck sitting in the parking lot. He had greasy hair and a dirty hat and looked like he had not taken a bath in a few days...now the unusual part. He was so fat that his stomach pressed to the top of the steering wheel and perched on top of his stomach was a large box of KFC, which was only a couple of inches from his chin. He was eating the chicken as we walked by. On the ground right outside of his truck window was a pile of chicken bones...this must not have been his first box of chicken. My wife and I got in the car and both started laughing and then she told me o.k. you can make fun...just this once. Good ole Fort Smith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2009, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,367 posts, read 79,558,446 times
Reputation: 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
My wife always gets on to me for putting down the town...not because she likes it but she just gets tired of hearing about it and she knows that we can't move for a couple of years, but she had to even laugh at a scene I have only seen in Fort Smith.

We were walking out of a movie rental place and there was this guy in a beat up truck sitting in the parking lot. He had greasy hair and a dirty hat and looked like he had not taken a bath in a few days...now the unusual part. He was so fat that his stomach pressed to the top of the steering wheel and perched on top of his stomach was a large box of KFC, which was only a couple of inches from his chin. He was eating the chicken as we walked by. On the ground right outside of his truck window was a pile of chicken bones...this must not have been his first box of chicken. My wife and I got in the car and both started laughing and then she told me o.k. you can make fun...just this once. Good ole Fort Smith.
I have never seen anything like that for certain, well I take that back, maybe in Valencia county NM?? I have usually found the opposite here, most people do not liter much, they put their grocery baskets where they belong and they clean up after themselves. There are exceptions to every rule for heaven sake.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2009, 08:29 AM
 
1,661 posts, read 4,361,606 times
Reputation: 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
We were walking out of a movie rental place and there was this guy in a beat up truck sitting in the parking lot. He had greasy hair and a dirty hat and looked like he had not taken a bath in a few days...
I don't recall seeing you......

Next time, you can at least say 'Hi'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2009, 08:32 AM
 
1,661 posts, read 4,361,606 times
Reputation: 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail_Khan View Post
Well you just make the best of it. If your lucky enough to have a car growing up and gas money you go to Fayettville or Tulsa when you can.
The bar scene on Garrison is way better than it was a few years ago.
You have given some pretty objective observations in the past, and I expect you'll do the same now.

Did you grow up in Ft. Smith, or relocate there for work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2009, 09:08 AM
 
4,749 posts, read 6,158,118 times
Reputation: 6712
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I honestly can't think of anything. I live here and if we want to do anything fun we have to leave. You can drink in Fort Smith, but you need to be real careful of drinking and then driving over the county line because of the drunk driving check points at the dry county lines.
You think drunk driving check points are a bad thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2009, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,367 posts, read 79,558,446 times
Reputation: 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
You think drunk driving check points are a bad thing?
wanted to rep you but have to spread it around I am told. Good post though.


Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2009, 09:27 AM
 
4,749 posts, read 6,158,118 times
Reputation: 6712
You may not want to rep me for this one, Nita.

I personally do not see how someone can form a negative opinion about a whole town just because someone in a buffet line mentions how good God is. I am a Christian, and I would have understood her comment at once and replied in kind, rejoicing for a moment with my sister over how good God is. I truly do not understand how that would not be any Christian's reaction to such a comment....neither do I understand laughing about it. The lady was not rudely forcing any kind of interaction on anyone about her religious beliefs, just expressing her love for God.

If it were a person of some other religion that made a religious comment, I would not be fellowshipping with them over it, but I would not let it sour me on the whole town.

Thank God we live in America where we still (for the time being) have religious freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top