Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:06 PM

14 posts, read 32,269 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for work for a year and have only had a few months of temp work. I have tried everything. I am going to be kicked out of my house and have no place to go please help, is there some place I can go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 06:33 PM

206 posts, read 439,958 times
I feel for you. I lost a home to foreclosure last year and it was very scary at the time. It will get better. There has got to be some place that can help you.

You might want to do a search for homeless programs in your area. If you are a veteran, you can always call the VA Trust Fund to ask for emergency help or the welfare office. I think it is called TANF(Temorary Assistance for Needy Families). Good luck.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokulea View Post
I have been looking for work for a year and have only had a few months of temp work. I have tried everything. I am going to be kicked out of my house and have no place to go please help, is there some place I can go?
From reading your other post it appears you have family in Houston. Can they help you? You say they own a business...

Nita

Old 07-13-2009, 04:51 PM

Default help from family

They want me to sell everything come there and maybe they will put me up in an apartment, but I cant move into their house... and they wont give me money because they feel that the situation is somehow "my fault", and that I dont manage my money. I have been living on 10,000 since 12-08 and have 4 k left. do the math. management isnt my problem I need a job. I dont understand why they cant put me to work. Id come in a heart beat if I had a job

Old 07-13-2009, 05:38 PM

511 posts, read 799,609 times
Quote:
They want me to sell everything come there and maybe they will put me up in an apartment, but I cant move into their house... and they wont give me money because they feel that the situation is somehow "my fault", and that I dont manage my money. I have been living on 10,000 since 12-08 and have 4 k left. do the math. management isnt my problem I need a job. I dont understand why they cant put me to work. Id come in a heart beat if I had a job

What kind of job skills do you have? The job market is pretty good in Houston. Have you trimmed out all non essential expenses? Have you tried the local churches? A good church will definitely help someone in need.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:20 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,545,492 times
Use some of that money to buy camping gear, a tent/travel trailer, sleeping bag, etc. Prepare yourself to be on the road for a while.

Good luck to you.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:11 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,085 times
There are jobs out there in this area. What is your profession?

Old 07-13-2009, 07:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Hey, if they will help you with an apartment I think you should be thankful. Yes, the market is fairly good there, I would certainly re-locate if I were you.

NIta

Old 07-13-2009, 09:28 PM

its a maybe on the apartment...Im afraid if I spend the money to move... then there is no back up to live on. I have 25 years in Transportation, can do everything from brokering to dispatch, and run a loading dock as well Intermodal, OTR and LTL Ive done it all I have two three interviews a week... I know its loosening up if I can just hang on.

My church is small and not sure what to do with me. I may be able to find a private party to rent from Lots of folks are looking and helping me to look by word of mouth. A spare room would be fine One man is letting me care for his home that is for sale if it doesnt sell I can use a spare room there but It gets a lot of traffic and will be sold soon I think. No sense in moving twice

Im getting evicted because I am unemployed and cannot complete my contract to buy this house, he is evicting me to put it back on the market... Legally it is an interesting issue. Because I have no job I cant rent a apartment. I have interviews and have some more temp work right now. Having a huge sell off of my stuff to raise more cash this week.

I am thankful... but I want to know for sure they will do it... Not sure I can trust people I dont really know that well, and have been a bit flaky before. I love them...But they think that a lot of what has happened to me is my fault..but they dont understand all of the facts... My ex was a secret drinker and used up our savings and refused to work. I found myself unemployed and no back up I left him and took this house thinking It was the same as what Id pay for rent and I would get the few thousand down within the years time, not thinking it would take a year here in Walmart land to find a job... I was not prepared for this at all

Last edited by hokulea; 07-13-2009 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: adding more stuff

Old 07-13-2009, 10:01 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,085 times
I know Experian is always hiring in Van Buren, but I don't know what they pay and I don't know if you want to drive that far every day. It is an incoming call center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas