U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:28 PM

148 posts, read 218,734 times
Inspections only ensure that your lights and signals are fully operational, your windshield intact, and key pieces aren't being held on with bungie cords and a prayer. It's about safety both for you and others on the road. If your cars are truly built to last and up to snuff as far as safety goes, you've nothing to fear. LOL. Charlton Heston just flashed in my mind...prying rusty steering wheels from cold, dead hands...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 09:42 PM

12,439 posts, read 5,524,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
So why are you here?
Love it or leave it...right. How about change it? We had emission tests in georgia...no bid deal. $25 a year, cars less than three years old were not required to have them and only Atlanta was required to have them.

It reduced the amount of junkers broken down on the side of the road. It also reduced the chances of sitting behind a car spewing toxins while waiting at a red light, which has happened a few times here.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:10 PM

2,012 posts, read 2,483,594 times
The state of Ar had inspections years ago and did away with them thankfully. Now only if Missouri would smarten up and do away with their terrible inspections that the shops hate doing, which I think they keep for the additional revenue only.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
The state of Ar had inspections years ago and did away with them thankfully. Now only if Missouri would smarten up and do away with their terrible inspections that the shops hate doing, which I think they keep for the additional revenue only.
I can see why you would not want them, but the fact remains that in cities with a lot of smog they certainly help.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:49 AM

1,633 posts, read 2,983,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Love it or leave it...right. How about change it?
You from California?

Old 07-14-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
You from California?
No. Military brat. I have been to a lot of states including California. Relevance?

Old 07-14-2009, 02:50 PM

1,466 posts, read 2,467,067 times
Quote:
No. Military brat. I have been to a lot of states including California. Relevance?
He is trying to make the point that people move here from Cali and try to change everything. What he doesn't realize is there are people who have lived here all their lives and want to change things too. Just because grandma did it one way doesn't mean it is the way to do it today.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
He is trying to make the point that people move here from Cali and try to change everything. What he doesn't realize is there are people who have lived here all their lives and want to change things too. Just because grandma did it one way doesn't mean it is the way to do it today.

I see. "Don't come here trying to change us." Well I am here and I am here to stay for a while. I see a lot of potential in this state. Change is inevitable.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:58 PM

28,778 posts, read 11,249,273 times
Quote:
I see. "Don't come here trying to change us." Well I am here and I am here to stay for a while. I see a lot of potential in this state. Change is inevitable.
Change is inevitable. And people have a wonderful opportunity to direct that change. Some people also want to take their time evaluating what kind of changes should be embarked upon. It doesn't hurt for people who want change to listen to people with reservations about those changes. The way we go about changing sometimes may be more important than the actual changes.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 13 days ago)

48,957 posts, read 40,358,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Change is inevitable. And people have a wonderful opportunity to direct that change. Some people also want to take their time evaluating what kind of changes should be embarked upon. It doesn't hurt for people who want change to listen to people with reservations about those changes. The way we go about changing sometimes may be more important than the actual changes.
Change is enivitable and without change and growth we have death, but I still hope many do realize, each state is special because of certian things, don't try and change AR so it isn't AR anymore. Progress with keeping in mind what makes us special.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas