U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:54 PM

11,544 posts, read 25,103,091 times

Advertisements

jennie-b Start here for the tsats: http://www.asp.state.ar.us/hso/hso_index.html#crash

Old 08-07-2009, 10:56 PM

11,544 posts, read 25,103,091 times
removed: duplicate post

Old 08-08-2009, 12:16 AM

29 posts, read 50,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkLvr627 View Post
Speed plays a role of nearly 20% of accidents here. 3 out of 10 are alcohol related. There are over 600 deaths and many serious injuries in car accidents in Arkansas. Poor driving conditions and faulty car parts are about 5% of fatal accidents. 40% are fatal. In Arkansas there is about 1 accident every 2 hours.
Ummmm, what?!?!

According to the link just provided you are completely wrong on several of these issues.

Nothing is mentioned about speeding.
5% of total accidents are alcohol and drug related combined. No where close to 3 of 10.
You were right about the fatal accidents. 650, or just under 1.8 per day.
However, there are 7.5 accidents per hour in the state, not 1 in every 2.
I don't even know what you mean by "40% are fatal."

Are these your speculations, or did you look these up somewhere?

Old 08-08-2009, 01:34 AM

94 posts, read 178,404 times
7.5 accidents per hour is definitely alot. Considering Virginia recalls, on a normal day, 4.5 per hour(Approx.) Busiest days, about 6 accidents per hour (Est.) Also, PA on average 1.5 accidents per hour.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:33 AM

837 posts, read 1,939,126 times
Trying to picture a 1/2 accident...

Old 08-08-2009, 08:52 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,470,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkLvr627 View Post
When I was in Arkansas this summer I witnessed saw three fatal accidents, is it just me or does it seem that all the people from out of state can't drive. The Arkansas roads are bad enough as it is, especially 40. I think that the State Police needs to crack down on wreckless drivers and drunk drivers, anybody else agree?

I can't understand all the attacks made on you because of this post!!!
I wonder of they are the ones that fit the category!!!!
I drive 43 west of Harrison,and have driven it for 32 years. I am surprised there are not a lot more accidents because of the people who cannot stay in their own lane. I expect to be sideswiped any time! And most of them drive about 10 miles over the speed limit!
Around here it could very well be dope!
As for your witnessing 3 fatal accidents. I cannot understand those who wonder how you knew they were fatal! Perhaps they are the ones who speed on past, and/or never check the news!!!

And BTW...you do not sound "pretty young" to me.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:08 PM

94 posts, read 178,404 times
I can't understand it either and can't even picture a 1/2 accident. I'm a truck driver and I've notice alot of drivers can't stay in their own lanes also. Never drove through Arkansas yet but i'm planning on it. Can't be anything different. Most drivers do drive 10-25mph past the speed limit signs. 3 weeks ago, there was a motorcycle going atleast 90mph on the interstate and the speed limit is 55 here. Also, almost had a head-on collision 2 years ago. I were in my lane, but another car drove off their lane and came close of ramming into me. They were going 10mph past the speed limit.

There SHOULD be a state law, Everyone must renew driving skills every 2 years or something like that, maybe not everyone but those DUI conviction drivers, wreckless drivers, accidents that is the driver's fault, etc... you get the point. Does everyone agree? For speeders, Police should send them to traffic school and also tailgaters. What laws are there in Arkansas?

Also, it would be great if every state, give local residents that drives (with a good driving record) a bonus cash for their safe driving every 2 years or something like that. It would be a nice suggestion. Maybe, that will help loosen less accidents reports, and help speeders slow down to have a good driving record. Of course, it is a changing world.

Last edited by Peterbilt379; 08-08-2009 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: mispelled

Old 08-08-2009, 06:20 PM

29 posts, read 50,868 times
Peterbuilt,
PA has over 100,000 accidents per year. That means that there are at least 11.4 per hour. That is probably quite a bit better than here considering the population difference though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
I can't understand all the attacks made on you because of this post!!!
I wonder of they are the ones that fit the category!!!!
I drive 43 west of Harrison,and have driven it for 32 years. I am surprised there are not a lot more accidents because of the people who cannot stay in their own lane. I expect to be sideswiped any time! And most of them drive about 10 miles over the speed limit!
Around here it could very well be dope!
As for your witnessing 3 fatal accidents. I cannot understand those who wonder how you knew they were fatal! Perhaps they are the ones who speed on past, and/or never check the news!!!

And BTW...you do not sound "pretty young" to me.
There are attacks because he/she has not provided any evidence of what occurred and has said things that are blatantly wrong. Interesting that you are following in his/her footsteps by speculating that we are the ones who normally speed and drive in a reckless manner. You also have no evidence of this. I have never been in an accident and have no tickets.

As for the fatal accidents, perhaps they were, but he/she has not said how he knew that they were such. I have lived in Pulaski county, the county with the most deaths per year, for my entire life, and I have never witnessed a fatal accident. I have heard of plenty on the news, but never seen one happen. I was truthfully curious as to how he/she knew.

MOD: THREAD CLOSED: OFF TOPIC

Last edited by linicx; 08-09-2009 at 07:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or