Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:09 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times

Advertisements

despite the moderator's best intentions, this is just another global warming thread with the only thing new is a con man.

But, then a con-man would not make the thread much different from other global warming threads. IMHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 10:38 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times
Oh dear, I am glad I am nearing the end of my life! Not because of the so called "global warming", but because of the crackpots that will swarm to this area! At least my son and granddaughters live south of the Ozarks!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Oh dear, I am glad I am nearing the end of my life! Not because of the so called "global warming", but because of the crackpots that will swarm to this area! At least my son and granddaughters live south of the Ozarks!
and my daughter and son in law are planning on retiring here, how scary for them. I will let them know about this, so they can stay in an area that is more affected by global warming and less by nuts!!!

Nita

Old 08-13-2009, 03:45 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,359,716 times
Man, the one bad thing about the internet is people can post anything and someone will come along and believe it to be truth. I have in-laws who are stashing guns and food because they saw some website about the America government making concentration camps to put us all in. lol. Some people will believe in anything.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
Man, the one bad thing about the internet is people can post anything and someone will come along and believe it to be truth. I have in-laws who are stashing guns and food because they saw some website about the America government making concentration camps to put us all in. lol. Some people will believe in anything.

Ain't that the truth!

Old 08-13-2009, 05:26 PM

157 posts, read 517,978 times
The Department of Defense has studies on how tensions (see: wars) will rise across the world due to global warming combined with overpopulation and water shortages.

But as an American (1st world), you really won't have to worry about that for the next 100 years, although global warming is real and should (and is) actively be thwarted.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridicter View Post
The Department of Defense has studies on how tensions (see: wars) will rise across the world due to global warming combined with overpopulation and water shortages.

But as an American (1st world), you really won't have to worry about that for the next 100 years, although global warming is real and should (and is) actively be thwarted.
maybe we can just say it has to do with evolution. Things change, some for the better, some not.

Nita

Old 08-13-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridicter View Post

I am sure that in 100 years none of us on this forum will be here to say whether they were right or not.
I really think that the theory will fizzle out long before that.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:19 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times
I do not think global warming is anything new. Nor do I believe scientists did not know about it long ago. According to everything scientific I read, global warming occurs every 100 years. What this basically means is the north will be warmer and the south will be hotter until it reverses and starts the cycle anew. I know it is warmer now than it was 50 years ago and I am in an area that has not seen a population explosion or great manufacturing for 30 years. I certainly cannot point to cars, cows or people for an explanation. About the only thing I have personally watched is more local flooding and the change in farm tractors and farmers. Now the tractors are air conditioned, and farmers use GPS to determine which crop to rotate and how to plant it.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:22 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,442,065 times
So, how many of you remember the "ice age is coming" of the 70s? How'd that one work out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas