Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 05:13 PM

19 posts, read 60,655 times

Advertisements

Has anyone watched the video KAIT8 has aired about the dog catcher at Walnut Ridge? WATCH IT! It is disturbing! The dog catcher was taking on the phone and then used a taser to tase a dog that was walking away from him. This guy needs to be fired and prosecuted. Please watch the video and voice you opinion to the mayor!! This is sooooo inhumane! He needs to be tased himself! I can not believe we have a town paying people to do this. I am so outraged! PLEASE PLEASE, let everyone know how you feel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 08:05 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,357,461 times
Are you going to give a link to the video of this horrible act?

Old 08-20-2009, 08:12 PM

19 posts, read 60,655 times
(Disturbing Video) Walnut Ridge dog tased by animal control officer - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports, classifieds-

I have never done this before. I hope the link works.
You can probably find it by going to kait8.com
RIght now it is the main story on their page. It will be on the news again tonight. I am still MAD about this!!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:55 PM

111 posts, read 390,898 times
Well, what do you expect?

People always say "You couldn't even get elected dogcatcher" when they want to slam somebody for being way down the totem pole. so this guy is probably battling self-esteem issues.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,812 times
That was the most pitiful thing I have ever seen... The City of Walnut Ridge should be sued as should the Dog Catcher... A grown man shooting a dog and to top things off having it filmed is SICK SICK SICK... Then our low life WMCTV 5 station here in Memphis SHOWED it to top that off... The world is sick and so is WALNUT RIDGE.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBard View Post
That was the most pitiful thing I have ever seen... The City of Walnut Ridge should be sued as should the Dog Catcher... A grown man shooting a dog and to top things off having it filmed is SICK SICK SICK... Then our low life WMCTV 5 station here in Memphis SHOWED it to top that off... The world is sick and so is WALNUT RIDGE.
I live in Walnut Ridge, the city had nothing to do with it and the dog catcher is on suspention. The city council met today to discuss it and what they need to do to keep something like this from happening again. How can you say a whole City is sick because of the actions of one person? Apparently he was a very disturbed man and will probably be fired for the cruel act that he did.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:04 AM

570 posts, read 1,582,471 times
I finally figured out what is wrong with our society. We as a whole have NO balls and we have eliminated any consequence for any form of liberal action. People can legally kill an unborn child with no consequence, yet if a dog gets a little shock treatment idiots want to string the guy up. Get over it people. Just go back to watching your liberal media and sticking your head in the sand, the reality of the world will wake you soon enough.

A.D.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:17 AM

570 posts, read 1,582,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeled View Post
Has anyone watched the video KAIT8 has aired about the dog catcher at Walnut Ridge? WATCH IT! It is disturbing! The dog catcher was taking on the phone and then used a taser to tase a dog that was walking away from him. This guy needs to be fired and prosecuted. Please watch the video and voice you opinion to the mayor!! This is sooooo inhumane! He needs to be tased himself! I can not believe we have a town paying people to do this. I am so outraged! PLEASE PLEASE, let everyone know how you feel!
It's pretty obvious people like you have never been bit by a dog. If you had then you would understand the dangers of trying to control these animals. I absolutely love dogs, but I also have an understanding that many of them are dangerous and can cause extreme harm and in some cases they have killed people. I guess if one came along and tried to harm you then you would just let him? Rip your nose off or give the dog a little shock...wow, tough choice.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,663 times
I live in this town and the fallout is huge. Everybody on another site i post on is furious at this officer's action. The news station that originally aired this video has even posted the raw video. It is over 17 mins long and at no time does it appear the dog tried to attack. The mayor and city council had a special 1 hour meeting and the officer has been put on administrative leave with pay. The officer claims that the dog tried to bite his ankle but the raw video does now show that. The raw video starts as the news crew is driving and arrive just before the officer does. This needs to be brought to the attention of the proper authorities, outside of this town, because I know, from living all my life in this town, this will be swept under the rug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas