Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 08:13 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,012,957 times

Advertisements

Do you think that Stephen King knew of something when he wrote "The Stand"

Should we all start hiking to colorado to find the old black woman in the mountains?

YouTube - The Stand, intro (Don't fear the reaper)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 07:25 PM
pau pau started this thread

45 posts, read 120,875 times
it was the 1970's when the flu was said to have killed people. I forget how many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
maybe when a poster said his research showed the ones who died had gotten the shot was referring to shots of whiskey ( sarc)

Old 09-03-2009, 08:04 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pau View Post
it was the 1970's when the flu was said to have killed people. I forget how many.

I was in my 40s in the 1970s and I do not recall that happening in the U.S.
Was it some other country?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:30 PM
pau pau started this thread

45 posts, read 120,875 times
OH i MEANT the vaccination killed people. Sorry. I think you can find the information about it by searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
I was in my 40s in the 1970s and I do not recall that happening in the U.S.
Was it some other country?

Old 10-07-2009, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,260 times
Default help

my child is getting the shot next week free at schoool i have heard the good the bad andthe ugly i need some more info anything will do please only fax this is very impotant to us my child is my life just every single parant out there thank you agin

Old 10-07-2009, 01:35 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,208,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirlsmalltown View Post
my child is getting the shot next week free at schoool i have heard the good the bad andthe ugly i need some more info anything will do please only fax this is very impotant to us my child is my life just every single parant out there thank you agin
You may be thinking of the seasonal flu shots. As of this morning the H1N1 was nasal only and being given to crucial people like health care workers.

I got the seasonal flu shot two weeks ago, and as of this moment have not grown a third arm, gone blind, spoke in tongues, nor believed most of what Glenn Beck said, so I'm thinking it's pretty safe.

I don't wish to muddy the waters with fact, but between last week and this week I've had every lab test known to mankind and a couple of scans in preparation for a surgical admittance, and they all turned out normal, and there was no mention of alien life growth gestating in me.

My guess....it's safe for most people.

Caveat.....PEANUTS are safe for 'most people' also.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:02 PM

730 posts, read 2,254,041 times
I have never gotten the regular flu shot for myself or my children, and we have never had the flu.(knocking on wood now).

I decided against the regular shot because some of my co workers got the shot, then got the flu and their Drs told them things such as "oh the shot does'nt protect against that particular strain of flu". If there are 10 types of flu, and 1 type that the shot protects against............??

As far as the H1N1 vaccination- call me one of the "crazies"- I am highly suspicious of a new live virus that the government is so damn eager to inject into our bodies.......

Old 10-07-2009, 06:14 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,358,952 times
The only difference between the seasonal flu shot and the H1N1 shot is the dead virus that is put in it. The H1N1 shot is just as safe as the seasonal flu shot; that is the info that all the health professionals are giving me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: