Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 12:51 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times

Advertisements

It sounds like HSV was just not a good fit for your personality, Solstice. The peace & quiet, cleanliness, abundant nature, and walking trails would be enough for me. I don't need activities, though I would not be averse to participating in them sometime. Don't need much shopping, either. The speeding problem would be concerning, but up until now all I've heard is complaints about how slow everyone drives.

The POA business does concern me, though. Sounds like a bunch of hooey. It would make me uneasy if I lived there, to be honest. Also, I'm not wild about younger families moving in...that is one reason I would live in a place like HSV, to get away from screaming kids and yards full of playgrounds and toys with ugly chain-link fences around them. I know, I sound like a curmudgeon, don't I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 02:28 PM

9 posts, read 11,118 times
Jeff, BToverdrive and Luv,

Thank you! My husband and I are planning on moving the HSV in a couple of months and you've made us feel good about that decision. I hope to find neighbors like you when we finally get there!

Old 02-08-2019, 02:51 PM

490 posts, read 1,265,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanish View Post
Jeff, BToverdrive and Luv,

Thank you! My husband and I are planning on moving the HSV in a couple of months and you've made us feel good about that decision. I hope to find neighbors like you when we finally get there!
Welcome to heaven (to me anyway) and I hope you are as happy here as we are. Where in the village are you moving if OK to ask? We live on the east side.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:54 PM

490 posts, read 1,265,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAtkins View Post
"seeing as she was lost and looking for an address that does not exist, well, simple logic would dictate that she's not a property owner"

You're a moron.
Well said

Old 02-08-2019, 03:13 PM

1,263 posts, read 665,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
Well said
I'll second that!

Old 02-08-2019, 09:04 PM

Hi, BT - I have no idea yet. If my home sells as quickly as the realtor says, (uh - right...), we'll be homeless for awhile. We're looking for a home on a wooded lot and have no interest in golf course frontage, so maybe that will save us some $$$. We're still searching on Zillow and hope to get there to do some on-site house shopping in mid-March. Our house goes on the market Mar. 13 and I'll need to get outta Dodge by then for the sake of my nerves!

Old 02-09-2019, 05:57 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,649,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanish View Post
Hi, BT - I have no idea yet. If my home sells as quickly as the realtor says, (uh - right...), we'll be homeless for awhile. We're looking for a home on a wooded lot and have no interest in golf course frontage, so maybe that will save us some $$$. We're still searching on Zillow and hope to get there to do some on-site house shopping in mid-March. Our house goes on the market Mar. 13 and I'll need to get outta Dodge by then for the sake of my nerves!
Try realtor.com rather than zillow. Zillow is horribly out of date and still shows things for sale that could've sold months ago.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:23 PM

Thank you, Hollynla! I'll take all the help I can get...

Old 03-13-2019, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice420 View Post
Just to add my $0.02 here, we were on the fence about investing in HSV so we decided to rent first. We started out at a house and then a Townhome in DeSoto Court, both near the West Gate and give it a trial run; as of Feb 1, we are no longer HSV residents and will not be investing there. I will list some of the Pros and Cons of the Village that we encountered & hope it helps you make an educated decision...
There are too many fallacies about HSV in this post. I have lived in Hot Springs Village for 5 years. We have some problems just like any other community.

I use the Verizon Network and have very little problems in the Village with cell phone reception. My internet speeds are 100g plus.

It is dark because we live in a heavily wooded forest of hardwoods and pine. I do indeed use a flashlight when I take my dog out at night. But I can see an expanse of stars at night. Nature is why I moved here, not bright city lights or neon.

It is definitely not as convenient as Dallas or Chicago, but I moved here to get away from metropolitan congestion and crime.

We are not being gouged on gasoline prices.

My backyard is frequented by deer, turkey, foxes, and raccoons. We even had a black bear come through the neighborhood last spring (that is rare). This is a natural paradise.

I will be back...

Last edited by volosong; 03-13-2019 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: fixed close quote hypertag

Old 03-13-2019, 10:14 AM

4 posts, read 10,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMLD View Post
We have some problems just like any other community.
We own properties in several other communities across the country and have never seen the type of issues, upset and outrage we experienced coming from the owners vs the POA in HSV so I would not say the issues in HSV are remotely comparable with other communities.

Quote:
I use the Verizon Network and have very little problems in the Village with cell phone reception. My internet speeds are 100g plus.
It depends on which side of the village you're on, I have Sprint and my husband has AT&T. On the East Side we had decent reception, DeSoto Court and the West Gate however, zip, zero, zilch.

Quote:
It is dark because we live in a heavily wooded forest of hardwoods and pine. I do indeed use a flashlight when I take my dog out at night. But I can see an expanse of stars at night. Nature is why I moved here, not bright city lights or neon.
At least lighting the parking lot so that they are not dangerous would be nice, the street lamps in DeSoto Court rarely worked and when they did they were so dim as to be useless. As someone that walks with a cane, this posed a direct threat to my personal safety, which is why I mention it in my review. The lack of lighting out there goes to the extreme of posing a safety hazard, that is not ok and will eventually lead to someone being injured and suing HSV.

Quote:
We are not being gouged on gasoline prices.
Gas prices in & immediately outside HSV are $0.10 - $0.15/gal higher than they are 15-20 minutes further toward Hot Springs. We live in Lake Hamilton at this point, I know for a fact gas prices there are even at this point significantly higher than even Mt. Ida which is a much smaller and far more remote town than HSV so yes, you are being gouged.

Quote:
My backyard is frequented by deer, turkey, foxes, and raccoons. We even had a black bear come through the neighborhood last spring (that is rare). This is a natural paradise.
You can get that in many places throughout this and other states without dealing with the complete isolation HSV offers. Calling it a "paradise", we'll have to agree to disagree there. Comparing HSV to any of the other communities we own properties in across this country, to say it falls short of being a "paradise" would be a massive understatement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas