Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANNU View Post
And rightly too.

Now, any chance on getting some of those stolen points back?
don't we wish!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 04:13 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
I understand where you are coming from, and I didn't mean to sound rude (I thought it might have sounded that way when I re-read my post).

What's more, even though I think that Arkansas can recruit with the big boys, I think that coaching and player development are just as, if not more, important than recruiting. Think about all those great 5-star high school players who were supposed to be really great and it just didn't pan out. Great coaches can turn a 3-star 18-year-old into a first round draft choice in four years. I believe that Arkansas has the right man at the helm to make that happen.

Woo Pig Sooie.
Arkansas 17 ...Mississippi 30. Arkansas 3-4 and Mississippi 5-2. Hmmm. Is Nutt a better coach or does he just have better players? I doubt that it is the former. Kind of proves my point.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:50 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,357,743 times
You think that Ole Miss can recruit better than Arkansas? Ole Miss hasn't been relevant since 1963! Your point might have some validity to it, but the only time Ole Miss has out-recruited Arkansas was when Ed Orgeron was the head coach (no coincidence that the upper classmen at Ole Miss right now are Orgeron's players.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
You think that Ole Miss can recruit better than Arkansas? Ole Miss hasn't been relevant since 1963! Your point might have some validity to it, but the only time Ole Miss has out-recruited Arkansas was when Ed Orgeron was the head coach (no coincidence that the upper classmen at Ole Miss right now are Orgeron's players.
No I did not say that Ole Miss could out recruit Arkansas. Mississippi has two competitive football teams so their pool of in state players is actually smaller the Arkansas. What I was saying is in order to win you have to have the players.
Arkansas has made great strides with recruiting the last couple of years. I believe you are dead on with the recruitment before that. I believe, based on recruitment, that in a couple of years the razorbacks will have better players than Ole Miss, but not the other teams in the SEC like Florida, Georgia, and ALabama. There recruiting classes have simply been better. One of the reasons has been the pool of in state players, which are usually the easiest to recruit. Those three states have a larger pool of in state players to recruit.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I believe, based on recruitment, that in a couple of years the razorbacks will have better players than Ole Miss, but not the other teams in the SEC like Florida, Georgia, and ALabama. There recruiting classes have simply been better. One of the reasons has been the pool of in state players, which are usually the easiest to recruit. Those three states have a larger pool of in state players to recruit.
I will go with you on that. You could even add Texas to the list.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I will go with you on that. You could even add Texas to the list.
Texas...absolutely, but I was only counting SEC teams.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:03 PM

George finally decides to take a vacation. He books himself on a Caribbean cruise and proceeds to have the time of his life until the boat sank. He found himself swept up on the shore of an island with no other people, no supplies... Nothing. Only bananas and coconuts.

After about four months, he is lying on the beach one day when the most gorgeous woman he has ever seen rows up to him. In disbelief, he asks her, "Where did you come from? How did you get here?"

"I rowed over from the other side of the island," she says. "I landed here when my cruise ship sank."

"Amazing," he says. "You were really lucky to have a rowboat wash up with you."

"Oh, this?" replies the woman. "I made the rowboat out of raw material found on the island. I whittled the oars from gum tree branches; I wove the bottom from palm branches; and the sides and stern came from a Eucalyptus tree."

"But......but... that's impossible," stutters George. "You had no tools or hardware. How did you manage?"

"Oh, no problem," replies the woman. "On the South side of the island, there is a very unusual strata of alluvial rock exposed. I found if I fired it to a certain temperature in my kiln, it melted into forgeable ductile iron. I used that for tools and used the tools to make the Hardware.

George is stunned

"Let's row over to my place," she says.

After a few minutes of rowing, she docks the boat at a small wharf. As George looks onto shore, he nearly falls out of the boat. Before him is a stone walk leading to an exquisite bungalow painted in blue and white. While the woman ties up the rowboat with an expertly woven hemp rope, he can only stare ahead, dumbstruck.

As they walk into the house, she says casually, "It's not much, but I call it home. Sit down, please. Would you like to have a drink?"

"No, no thank you," he says, still dazed. "Can't take any more coconut juice."

"It's not coconut juice," the woman replies. "I built a Still. How about a Pina Colada?"

Trying to hide his continued amazement, he accepts, and they sit down on her hand-woven couch to talk. After they have exchanged their stories, the woman announces, "I'm going to slip into something more comfortable. Would you like to take a shower and shave? There is a razor upstairs in the cabinet in the bathroom."

No longer questioning anything, George goes into the bathroom. There, in the cabinet, is a razor made from a bone handle. Two shells honed to a hollow-ground edge are fastened on to its end inside of a swivel mechanism.

"WOW! This woman is amazing," he muses, "what next?

When he returns, she greets him wearing nothing but vines strategically positioned, and smelling faintly of gardenias. She beckons for him to sit down next to her.

"Tell me," she begins suggestively, slithering closer to him, "We've been out here for a really long time. I know you've been lonely. There's something I'm sure you really feel like doing right now, something you've been longing for all these months. You know. She stares into his eyes.

He can't believe what he's hearing!

"You mean" ... he swallows excitedly, "we can watch the Arkansas Razorbacks from here?"
---------------------

Last football weekend on The Hill this year and the tickets are dirt cheap on Stub Hub right now. If you can, go watch the Hogs this weekend. After all of these early games, I am looking forward to a night game - at last!

Old 11-12-2009, 04:22 AM

Quote:
George finally decides to take a vacation. He books himself on a Caribbean cruise and proceeds to have the time of his life until the boat sank. He found himself swept up on the shore of an island with no other people, no supplies... Nothing. Only bananas and coconuts.

After about four months, he is lying on the beach one day when the most gorgeous woman he has ever seen rows up to him. In disbelief, he asks her, "Where did you come from? How did you get here?"

"I rowed over from the other side of the island," she says. "I landed here when my cruise ship sank."

"Amazing," he says. "You were really lucky to have a rowboat wash up with you."

"Oh, this?" replies the woman. "I made the rowboat out of raw material found on the island. I whittled the oars from gum tree branches; I wove the bottom from palm branches; and the sides and stern came from a Eucalyptus tree."

"But......but... that's impossible," stutters George. "You had no tools or hardware. How did you manage?"

"Oh, no problem," replies the woman. "On the South side of the island, there is a very unusual strata of alluvial rock exposed. I found if I fired it to a certain temperature in my kiln, it melted into forgeable ductile iron. I used that for tools and used the tools to make the Hardware.

George is stunned

"Let's row over to my place," she says.

After a few minutes of rowing, she docks the boat at a small wharf. As George looks onto shore, he nearly falls out of the boat. Before him is a stone walk leading to an exquisite bungalow painted in blue and white. While the woman ties up the rowboat with an expertly woven hemp rope, he can only stare ahead, dumbstruck.

As they walk into the house, she says casually, "It's not much, but I call it home. Sit down, please. Would you like to have a drink?"

"No, no thank you," he says, still dazed. "Can't take any more coconut juice."

"It's not coconut juice," the woman replies. "I built a Still. How about a Pina Colada?"

Trying to hide his continued amazement, he accepts, and they sit down on her hand-woven couch to talk. After they have exchanged their stories, the woman announces, "I'm going to slip into something more comfortable. Would you like to take a shower and shave? There is a razor upstairs in the cabinet in the bathroom."

No longer questioning anything, George goes into the bathroom. There, in the cabinet, is a razor made from a bone handle. Two shells honed to a hollow-ground edge are fastened on to its end inside of a swivel mechanism.

"WOW! This woman is amazing," he muses, "what next?

When he returns, she greets him wearing nothing but vines strategically positioned, and smelling faintly of gardenias. She beckons for him to sit down next to her.

"Tell me," she begins suggestively, slithering closer to him, "We've been out here for a really long time. I know you've been lonely. There's something I'm sure you really feel like doing right now, something you've been longing for all these months. You know. She stares into his eyes.

He can't believe what he's hearing!

"You mean" ... he swallows excitedly, "we can watch the Arkansas Razorbacks from here?"
---------------------

Last football weekend on The Hill this year and the tickets are dirt cheap on Stub Hub right now. If you can, go watch the Hogs this weekend. After all of these early games, I am looking forward to a night game - at last!
that's cute: as for the game, let's pray they win and will be bowl elegible. Last week was a really good game, they brought the team that wanted to look good on the field.. Hubby is an usher, so I am not crazy over the night games, he doesn't get home til about midnight...means we have to miss church on Sunday;;oh damn!!!!

Nita

Old 11-30-2009, 08:34 AM

776 posts, read 1,275,130 times
*bump*

Tip of the hat to the Hawgs. They played a heck of a good game against LSU on Saturday. Ended up losing 30-33 in OT.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
*bump*

Tip of the hat to the Hawgs. They played a heck of a good game against LSU on Saturday. Ended up losing 30-33 in OT.
Look at it this way, last 2 times they went to the Cotton bowl they got beat, so now they can go to a smaller bowl and hopefully come out on top...Go HAWGS....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas