U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 05-14-2010, 06:21 PM

1,466 posts, read 2,241,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
Sanders was the president of the Fort Smith chamber of commerce.
I think Sanders has a legitimate shot at this thing, but the blue hairs seem to really like the clown that has been there for so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-14-2010, 06:58 PM

931 posts, read 827,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
I think Sanders has a legitimate shot at this thing, but the blue hairs seem to really like the clown that has been there for so long.
Thats a little harsh.

-----------------------------------

I think Baker may just be going for 25 years. You have to remember he was a history teacher so I'm guessing what's going in the history books must be on his mind a lot. I still don't know what the candidates are about though. I wish they had websites.

Hey, websites are cheaper than campaign signs. I got mine on sell for $7.17.

Unread 05-14-2010, 08:59 PM

I got my website on sale.

Last edited by FriendlyFeller; 05-14-2010 at 09:14 PM..

Unread 05-15-2010, 06:54 AM

46,043 posts, read 34,842,216 times
Quote:
hey, take it easy on us blue hairs as you put it, the blue hair is a thing of the past, but we aren't yet..

Unread 05-15-2010, 07:19 AM

1,466 posts, read 2,241,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
Thats a little harsh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
hey, take it easy on us blue hairs as you put it, the blue hair is a thing of the past, but we aren't yet..

Sorry folks. I didn't mean that to sound offensive.

I just meant that the older people like Baker a lot more than the younger people do, and the younger people rarely vote anyway.

Unread 05-15-2010, 08:54 AM

46,043 posts, read 34,842,216 times
Quote:
Sorry folks. I didn't mean that to sound offensive.

I just meant that the older people like Baker a lot more than the younger people do, and the younger people rarely vote anyway.
Hey, I was just being me and giving you a rough time...I didn't take it personally, I actually found the expression pretty clever..

Nita

Unread 05-15-2010, 10:11 AM

One of the Mitsubishi bigwigs did a "Baker-hop".

Last edited by FriendlyFeller; 05-15-2010 at 10:35 AM..

Unread 10-03-2010, 05:27 PM

Default Sanders has a Website!

Sandy Sanders for Mayor :: Fort Smith, Arkansas

Looks pretty clean too, not a lot of content but I think thats appropriate for this kind of website.
He has the town plastered with signs, not just yard signs but billboards as well.

Unread 10-03-2010, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
It looks like as of now Fort Smith's beloved Ray Baker will be running against Sandy Sanders and Scott Day this year. If Baker wins this year, he will have served as Fort Smith's mayor for more than a quarter century. Both candidates criticize Baker for the overall decline Fort Smith has seen in the past 20 years (anybody familiar with Baker's record knows he is opposed to virtually EVERY economic development in the town for one reason or another). Fort Smith was once very important to Arkansas' economy, second only to Little Rock. Today, about the only major population center worse off is Pine Bluff. Surprisingly, population numbers have held steady this decade but I expect to see a serious dropoff by the 2020 census if present trends continue. Does anybody think either of these men have a chance at unseating Baker, and does anybody think its not too late for Fort Smith to see a revival?
While I'm supporting Sandy Sanders this elecition I like how your post fails to mention all the economic success the city of ft smith has had out at chaffee crossing. Fort Smith's economy is great right now!

Unread 10-19-2010, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 650 times
If Sandy Sanders is so concerned about the Fort Smith Business future then why is the company he worked for about one quarter the size it was when he started working there. Seems to me that if he couldn't convince his own company that Fort Smith is the place to be, how is he going to convince new businesses propects on the virtues of conducting business in Fort Smith. It's not the city that is keeping business out of Fort Smith, it's the state of Arkansas. We are ranked in the bottom quarter of the nation as a business friendly state. As long as we are handcuffed to the state there is not much we can do as a city. My write-in vote will be cast for John McFarland of Baldor and Chairman of the Board of the Fort Smith Chamber Executive Commitee. Now there is a man who is dedicated to creating and keeping jobs for Fort Smith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas