Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 01:16 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,113 times

Advertisements

Aldi's is great for cereal, snack food, baking supplies and canned goods. So much cheaper and the quality is good. It kept me and my 5 kids well fed when we lived in Fayetteville. I miss it! It seems like most everything is their own brand, but goes by different names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 04:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Aldi's is great for cereal, snack food, baking supplies and canned goods. So much cheaper and the quality is good. It kept me and my 5 kids well fed when we lived in Fayetteville. I miss it! It seems like most everything is their own brand, but goes by different names.
yes, everything is under their own brand and some great deals. We don't use many canned goods but I did get their cereal recently and as I mentioned, their produce is much cheaper..so far never gotten a bad piece, twice in the past few months they have had 3 lb bag of apples for $1.19 and 3 or 4 lb bag of Oranges for about the same. I get red onions every time I go and their avacados are cheap and as good as we have had since leaving Ca years ago.

Nita

Old 02-25-2010, 06:06 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,942,534 times
Well any competition in the grocery area is a good thing. I wish they would get a Publix in Arkansas. I love that Grocery store. They have a larger selection of food and the stores are always clean. More upscale than Kroger, it is good to have options.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well any competition in the grocery area is a good thing. I wish they would get a Publix in Arkansas. I love that Grocery store. They have a larger selection of food and the stores are always clean. More upscale than Kroger, it is good to have options.
Our daughter in FL lives for PUblix. We have been there with her, it is one of the great chains, just like Giant in the VA area and Tom Thumb..My only thought on this, and I have mentioned it before. I think the days of new, super markets is dwindling down. We were talking about this yesterday. It goes for large enclosed malls as well. More people, especially the younger, treandier and more upscale generation like the idea of the outdoor, smaller malls, the trendy specialty grocery stores and local shops. At least that is how I see the future heading. Bigger isn't always better.. If we were to get a super market in NWA Publix would be a great addition.

Nita

Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,312,184 times
Aldi is awesome. They used to have the double guarantee thing (actually, I think they still do) where if you don't like something you buy there, you get your money back AND they'll buy you the name brand equivalent product. I don't know of any other grocer that does that.

Their house brand items are usually really good -- nothing at all like the cheap house brand stuff at Save-a-Lot.

One more interesting thing -- Every week, Aldi stores get a shipment of overstock items. Sometimes, you'll find TVs, netbooks, and other various things for like half the price that you'll find them at big box retailers. It's odd and strange, but cool nonetheless.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:07 AM

837 posts, read 2,248,116 times
sounds cool. I want one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas