U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 12:16 PM

33 posts, read 50,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy2674
All I want is a place where my life won't be at risk,and I can have fun with the country life I so desperately want.

I keep hearing about fayetteville and rogers, And I do appreciate all the help I'm getting here everyone,so thanks.
Life at risk is very unlikely in Northwest Arkansas (Rogers, Fayetteville, Bentonville, etc.). Keep in mind that Fayetteville is a college town with tons of college kids of different races, so people are used to seeing different range of collors. Rogers and Bentonville has tons of immigrant hispanics, so people are getting more used to them. When I am talking about unaccepting, I am refering to a woman's parents might not accept you if you date their daugher, or you might be discriminated in workplace for promotion or hiring, etc. Would everyone welcome you with open arms and kisses, no, would your life be in danger, highly unlikely.

Even if you life in a KKK town, they would probably not hunt you down and kill you. This is America and not Africa, there are laws and consequences for certain actions. Go visit and maybe you'll love it.

Old 08-05-2006, 02:58 PM

31 posts, read 122,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydata2006
Life at risk is very unlikely in Northwest Arkansas (Rogers, Fayetteville, Bentonville, etc.). Keep in mind that Fayetteville is a college town with tons of college kids of different races, so people are used to seeing different range of collors. Rogers and Bentonville has tons of immigrant hispanics, so people are getting more used to them. When I am talking about unaccepting, I am refering to a woman's parents might not accept you if you date their daugher, or you might be discriminated in workplace for promotion or hiring, etc. Would everyone welcome you with open arms and kisses, no, would your life be in danger, highly unlikely.

Even if you life in a KKK town, they would probably not hunt you down and kill you. This is America and not Africa, there are laws and consequences for certain actions. Go visit and maybe you'll love it.
I assume these towns you mention are mostly rural areas?I hope so....

Old 08-05-2006, 04:12 PM

Quote:
The word "rual" can mean different things to different people. To me, rural..yes......isolation..no.

Old 08-06-2006, 04:23 AM

Perfect and thanks.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:36 PM

564 posts, read 2,063,947 times
Quote:
Fayetteville, Springdale, and Bentonville are all close together and probably amount to over 200,000 people. If you consider that rural. You won't have to expect many Southern people.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea
Fayetteville, Springdale, and Bentonville are all close together and probably amount to over 200,000 people. If you consider that rural. You won't have to expect many Southern people.
If you live right in downtown Fayetteville, ofcourse it's not rural. But, if you live 15-45 minutes away from it, then it is rural. Samething can be said about Springdale, Rogers, and Bentonville.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:17 PM

564 posts, read 2,063,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydata2006
If you live right in downtown Fayetteville, ofcourse it's not rural. But, if you live 15-45 minutes away from it, then it is rural. Samething can be said about Springdale, Rogers, and Bentonville.
Of course. I didn't know what he meant. I figured he was saying the immediate areas around those towns, because there are a LOT of people in that area.

We live about 50 miles away from Fort Smith...and yep...it is rural.

I've only lived in Arkansas for two years though, so I guess I'll shut up, haha. I grew up in VERY rural Mississippi, so "rural" is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 5,416 times
Unhappy Is Arkansas racist?

I was born and raised in Arkansas, and love it! However now for the bad news, I have lived in Mountgomery Co. for 20 yrs with husband, and trust me racist isn't the word. I have heard everything through the yrs, about "them" taking over if you see any Hispanics or people of color in town. And you can not fit in if you where not born and raised in MOUNT IDA, even if you are from AR...if you have enough money they might be okay to yr face but behind yr back...Stick to the larger towns.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:31 PM

16 posts, read 100,322 times
Since I am not American and dark skinned guy, here is what I learned through the years traveling almost all over the world, yes you heard it well all over the world. I worked for UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) for 4 years and used to travel a lot and here is what I learned. we are by nature judgemental and this applies to all races and in order to bridge the gap you have to be a people person. my wife is jealous of me because I have more friends than her and she is a white southern American woman for God sake :-). To be honest sometimes we create racism our selves by our deeds.
Love, Peace and Marguarita.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:00 AM

Well,be it how it may,as I study one thing and another,I can't get my mind off Arkansas,I'm just in love with it,to Arkansas I will be going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or