U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2006, 10:17 AM

4,997 posts, read 13,546,539 times

Advertisements

billy, i think you should take a trip there and find out how the people are. i have lived in the south, that is florida and mississippi. i left because i was tired of racism, and I am white. i think i would love Arkansas, but i don't have the courage to try another southern state. i think fayetteville would be good, but i don't know what the country people around that town are like. if you take a trip there go in and talk to the shopkeepers. try to get to know the people in that town. i know that not all people in arkansas are racists, but when i was in mississippi i had had enough of those who were.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:49 AM

10,157 posts, read 9,911,248 times
The NW part of Ar is growing daily with many from out of state. The good ole boy network is dying in this area. A person might get some racisim from leftovers. I do know that around Mt Ida Ar that the clan is still active. Don'tt know that they ever do much except have meetings.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:39 AM

795 posts, read 2,037,503 times
Talking Can of kkk's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
the clan is still active. Don'tt know that they ever do much except have meetings.
You got to pay them due's man. No due's no can.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:10 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,037,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy2674 View Post
I'm a single man living in chicago right now and thinking of possibly moving to arkansas in the near future,possibly Yellville or close to that area.I love country life and have lived in the country before.
I look white but am of hispanic origins and have heard some nasty things about southern states in general so I'm wondering if I would be trated fairly in a town like Yellville or nearabouts.
Wanna make sure I have a fair chance of that before I take further steps.
Any info welcome.
Hi, I read all your posts and I think you should look into the Cherokee Village area or Ashflat area, there are hispanics here and they are treated just like anyone else and it is beautilful here and there are lots of small land parcels you might like and lots of water sports in this area give give a look!

removed

Good luck to you

Last edited by Marka; 09-03-2006 at 12:13 PM..

Old 09-22-2006, 11:35 PM

5,192 posts, read 4,178,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane1 View Post
There's Hispanics and Hispanics. What kind are you?
Umm, I think he said Hispanic. Or are you trying to be dense?

Old 09-23-2006, 05:37 AM

296 posts, read 1,134,247 times
By all means don't move to around Jonesboro, Arkansas. It's the national headquarters for the KKK. By all means, try researching Northwest Arkansas. There's people of all skin colors there. I have a friend that lives in Huntsville...simply beautiful and secluded. If it's the farm life for you check that area out. Beautiful rolling hills and breath taking views of the mountains. You'll still be about 30-45 minutes from Fayetteville, Rogers and Springdale. Move there and hook up with Tyson's Chicken Company, buy some chicken houses and have that farm you dream of. Good luck!

Old 09-25-2006, 08:28 AM

113 posts, read 504,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjoe View Post
By all means don't move to around Jonesboro, Arkansas. It's the national headquarters for the KKK. By all means, try researching Northwest Arkansas. There's people of all skin colors there. I have a friend that lives in Huntsville...simply beautiful and secluded. If it's the farm life for you check that area out. Beautiful rolling hills and breath taking views of the mountains. You'll still be about 30-45 minutes from Fayetteville, Rogers and Springdale. Move there and hook up with Tyson's Chicken Company, buy some chicken houses and have that farm you dream of. Good luck!
Jonesboro is not the headquarters for the KKK. This poster must have had a bad experience or something. Don't get me wrong there are definately racist people in Jonesboro, but that goes for every city, in every state of this country. I'm just saying that it's not as bad as this poster makes it sound.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,561 times
Oh My Gosh! You couldn't have said that any better. That is so what life is... It is what you grew up with.. I grew up in California.. culture shock moving to Arkansas.. But, I wouldn't trade it for the world now.. Arkansas is beautiful. try it..... You will love it..

Old 10-03-2006, 04:05 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,473,672 times
I just laughed when I saw that you were worried about an Hispanic not fitting in. There are large hispanic communities. I'm sure that in places like Mt. Ida, you will run into people who don't like the "meskins", but then, you will also run into those people in certain parts of New York City (where I lived for 3 years). Boston, Massachusetts, is the most racist place to which I've ever personally been.

Arkansas is what you make it, just like anywhere else. If you love the "rural lifestyle", you'll fit in well here. If, like me, you miss the big city and live in a small town in Arkansas, you'll find yourself dreaming of departure (as I am).

My allergies and asthma are bad, and Arkansas' trees are bad for them.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:13 PM

105 posts, read 101,844 times
Funny, when I grew up in NY as a jewish person it really seemed important which ethnicity one was. Now living in Rockport, Texas its something no one cares about or talks about. A surprise for sure. Southerners seem to be more polite -especially in small towns.

Having said that its clear the south ( and Arkansas is the south) is way less educated than northern states ( see Rand Report 2005) and there really are many rednecks throughout. Its hard to believe Im really hearing some of the stuff they tell me, and its a disaster for the country because these people - many of whom are functionally illiterate gave us Bush - Tom DeLay and that Florida guy who pushed Child **** laws when he wasnt too busy emailing young boys lol The GOP has become totally corrupt - a long cry from the days of Barry Goldwater.

Hispanics by the way have assimilated and moved to every county ( yes 3111) in the US in a manner that Blacks have yet to do.

Entonces yo pienso que tu no tendras problemas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or