Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 07:06 PM

75 posts, read 101,199 times

Advertisements

Lately I've been studying about the sovereign grace of God, so would like some fellowship with others that are also in this vein of study and thought.

Prefer area between Conway, and Morrilton and north to Marshall. I realize I May need to go beyond this small area to find others with similar interest in the Bible, but start with this first.

Know anyone...?
If you prefer, send me a DM.

Peace and Blessings,
Rkin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 05:54 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,209,819 times
Google R ur friend

Sovereign Grace of God - SOVEREIGN GRACE CHURCHES (http://www.sovereigngraceofgod.com/churches.htm - broken link)

Old 03-06-2010, 07:35 PM

Thanks RM,

'Church' has it's place. But presently, I am looking, hoping for something less structured, less organized, with give and take while continuing fellowship in the Sovereign Grace of God.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:10 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,209,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkin-saw View Post
Thanks RM,

'Church' has it's place. But presently, I am looking, hoping for something less structured, less organized, with give and take while continuing fellowship in the Sovereign Grace of God.
Like an independant group meeting at somebody's house kind of thing?

I would think that going to where like minded persons gather would be the logical place to get leads.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:16 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkin-saw View Post
Thanks RM,

Maybe they have small groups that meet independantly somewhere outside regular church services??

Old 03-08-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
Like an independant group meeting at somebody's house kind of thing?

I would think that going to where like minded persons gather would be the logical place to get leads.
The 'house kind of thing' gets close. If a group is already meeting in one's home, then I would go if there were an invitation of one who is already going, otherwise I would want to get somewhat acquainted before going to a 'home' thing.

'Going to where like minded persons gather'....the 'logical' thing, something like 'church' right...? My husband and I have gone to 'churches', several different times, different churches, where there was a profession of 'Sovereign Grace', the pastor has his own agenda, most members have other interest, and some don't even know what 'Sovereign Grace' is... Granted, that does not include 'ALL' churches in AR. Whatever, I kinda give up doing the 'church' thing, for now anyway.

RM, appreciate the comments!

Old 03-08-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
Maybe they have small groups that meet independantly somewhere outside regular church services??
Thanks nan5623...I've tried the 'church' thing, (see last post) have other suggestions...?

Old 03-09-2010, 05:55 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times
Maybe starting your own group???

Old 03-09-2010, 06:00 AM

789 posts, read 2,563,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
It's called a 'care group'. Contact someone here, http://www.covlife.org/blog/ , they'll point you in the right direction.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
It's called a 'care group'. Contact someone here, Covenant Life Church | Blog , they'll point you in the right direction.

Thanks tonyc
...this web site has lots of good points and doing lots of good things, related to 'Sovereign Grace Ministries'. There are several different organizations doing a similar ministry, have web sites and a large organization.

However, I am hoping, searching to study and fellowship independent of churchosity yet around the 'sovereign grace of God' ...if possible, within the North/Central part of Arkansas. Like ...Conway and north. As I am retired, I would likely be more comfortable with/around older people, though I believe it is good to encourage the younger ones in this study as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas