U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:03 PM

69,387 posts, read 79,598,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
Yup. As a matter of fact, I am banking on my 20 + year-old shingles on my rental property getting beat up tomorrow night.
and I bet there are others, I think our roof is pretty good, but I know a few that would love to see hail tomorrow night, just not while I am out in the car...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 08:54 PM

45 posts, read 82,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boughtpassat View Post
1.5 years ago we had some hail damage to our vehicles sitting in the driveway. I had an adjuster look them and over we received claims money to get them fixed. I did.

I also inspected my roof and didn't see any damage, except maybe a few smalls dents on my metal vents, but no visible damage to the roof that I could tell.

I called an adjuster anyways, and he looked it over and said is able to submit claim for a new roof. I received a couple thousand dollar check written IN MY NAME and did not require my mortgage to endorse, nor to verify that the roof got replaced. We spent the money on paying off our car. Did NOT replace the roof. Roof is fine IMO.

I'm now getting ready to sell my house. This has lingered in the back of my head..... I know the right thing to do would be to get it replaced. But if I don't, will I be held liable? Will this be discovered in the process of selling the house??? Did the insurance company make a big mistake by writing the check in my name only? I have a mortgage on the home.
If there were no conditions to accepting the money, you can do what you want with it. The problem would arise should the roof leak and damage property and you try and make a claim to the insurance and they catch the fact that you failed to appropriate the fund correctly thus they may refuse to pay and maybe drop you.
You now may have to buy a new roof should it be a condition of the new buyer or you could deduct the cost of the roof from the sale to cover it or you could sale "as is" and not do anything.
Depends on the laws in Ark.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:59 AM

69,387 posts, read 79,598,441 times
isn't it interesting; here we are, dicussing hail damage, what is right and wrong, what the laws are, what we would do and the OP never came back after he posted???/

Nita

Old 04-04-2010, 07:42 PM

45 posts, read 82,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
isn't it interesting; here we are, dicussing hail damage, what is right and wrong, what the laws are, what we would do and the OP never came back after he posted???/

Nita

Maybe the roof caved in..?

Old 04-04-2010, 11:21 PM

59 posts, read 171,861 times
lmao

Old 04-13-2010, 01:40 PM

8 posts, read 29,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Is Arkansas different than where I live?

Here, it would be rare to get the full cost of replacing your roof because shingles are pro-rated.

You would get only the percentage of the lifetime of that roof that was not used up.
So unless your roof was new, it would be rare to get enough to pay for a new roof.
My daughter bought a house here in Arkansas and had extensive storm damage after moving in, tree limbs fell on it and through it. The Insurance company said remove the tree and we will pay for 100% replacement cost of the roof. She did have to pay for the tree removal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas