Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 06:02 AM

4 posts, read 11,868 times

Advertisements

You have a lot of religious people. They don't really live by their religion. Hypocrisy runs ramped. Kindness to your fellow man does not exist if you are from another state. Also in Hot Springs you can get methamphetamines or a prostitute which would you like? It is very common to see toothless drug addicts tweeking all over the place in public. Love thy neighbor only exists if the neighbor has something that you want or they can take advantage of. Other than the extreme natural beauty the residents of Arkansas or atleast in this area leave much to be desired. This area is not a place to move if you are young or seeking employment. It is a tourist/retirement town with very limited job offerings. With the limited amount of jobs and the current population the employers tend to be more abusive toward employees do to the ease of replacement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 06:45 AM

13 posts, read 38,184 times
Shouldn't your thread title then read:
"If you are thinking about relocating to Hot Springs ....."

Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolly7 View Post
You have a lot of religious people. They don't really live by their religion. Hypocrisy runs ramped. Kindness to your fellow man does not exist if you are from another state. Also in Hot Springs you can get methamphetamines or a prostitute which would you like? It is very common to see toothless drug addicts tweeking all over the place in public. Love thy neighbor only exists if the neighbor has something that you want or they can take advantage of. Other than the extreme natural beauty the residents of Arkansas or atleast in this area leave much to be desired. This area is not a place to move if you are young or seeking employment. It is a tourist/retirement town with very limited job offerings. With the limited amount of jobs and the current population the employers tend to be more abusive toward employees do to the ease of replacement.
Let's take this one step at a time:

1-Religious, yes, most of the south has a reputation of being the "bible Belt" for a good reason, but that isn't always bad. I know a few people in Hot Springs (only a few) that would somewhat disagree with you. I am sure you have had a bad experienc, or you wouldn't say what you are saying, but there are good and bad people everywhere, not just Hot Spings. From the little knowledge I have of Hot Springs and yes, it is limited what you are saying isn't 100% true. You must have had a horrible experience, but there is a word that you might want to remember: it is opinion, not fact, you are giving your opinion only.

Meth and prostitution, I will let someone else answer the prostitution part, I have no clue but meth, it is everywhere, every section of the country. You are young as you say, you certainly know that. AR doesn't have a corner on this horrible drug, that is for sure, but yes, they have their share. This is sad, it is also everywhere we have lived in the past 15 years and probably getting worse, so don't single AR out. Toothless druggies can been seen everywhere, have you spent much time in the inner city? My guess, not.

MOving without a job, plain stupid no matter where you are moving or where you are from. AR has a comparitive low unemployment rate, even then jobs are not always easy to find and yes, any tourist town is exactly that, a tourist town, so unless you are in the travel business jobs will not be easy to come by and competition fierce. could you give an example of what an employer did to you that makes you say he/she was a abusive. If you got your feelings hurt, that is one thing and I am sorry, if your employer really did abuse you in any way have you thought about reporting the incident. Did he/she say something that upset you, accuse you or doing something or not doing something, what was the abuse?

And last, but not least, don't judge an entire state, which you are by the title of the thread by one town you choose to move to for some unknown reason.

I do hope you can find a place that will offer you everything you want, chances are it isn't going to happen, but we can all dream. Sometimes we have to take a little bad with the good or learn to look at the positive side, sometimes that isn't possible.

Nita

Old 05-27-2010, 06:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainji View Post
Shouldn't your thread title then read:
"If you are thinking about relocating to Hot Springs ....."
exactly..!! that is my point, one place does not represent an entire state.

I was going to rep you, but I have to spread it around. Maybe she should get to know Texasdave?

Old 05-27-2010, 07:55 AM

731 posts, read 1,367,697 times
This is a fun post. Sounds like Bourbon Street in New Orleans. You get drunk, and people hand you religious brochures on the street telling you to repent. I like the combination.

It's an imperfect world. What are you gonna do about it?

I love Hot Springs, but I don't think you have ever been there.

Quote:

Old 05-27-2010, 08:07 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:

Old 05-27-2010, 08:38 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,208,608 times
Quote:
You have a lot of religious people. They don't really live by their religion.
Home sweet home.

lolly7, meet txdave.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:44 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,421 times
Meth is everywhere even in the Bible belt.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:58 AM

731 posts, read 1,367,697 times
I believe they are opening a meth themed amusement park in Jasper County, Missouri. Some guy in an old Chevy Pickup at the Jane, MO Walmart told me this at 3:30 one morning. He was more than enthusiastic.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:33 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,314,479 times
There is a lot of meth in Arkansas.

And there are fake religious people in Arkansas. I've learned while living here that if a business uses the word 'Christian' anywhere in its name or self-description, RUN as fast as you can from it. Religion is either a business ploy or a mere hobby for many, many Arkansans.

So there, lolly, I've joined you in griping a bit about Arkansas. But I still like the state, particularly the central part of it. If you're having a hard time living in Hot Springs, move elsewhere. Hot Springs isn't going to change for you. It's a sad, grim reality, but it is reality nonetheless. Life is too short to spend it in misery in a place that makes you unhappy.

Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas