U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-27-2009, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Back home in Kaguawagpjpa.
1,990 posts, read 6,981,966 times
Reputation: 1057

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
sorry was a typo. I said 20 years in the post before it so i'm sure you know i ment 20 years lol.
Just busting your chops, that's all.

 
Old 05-27-2009, 07:16 PM
 
341 posts, read 363,465 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Well your name is "NYC" so i assume youre being sarcastic.. Just look up human development index if you dont believe what i said..

LOL. No..I'm serious. I just picked this username quickly because I live here and my favorite number is 3. I wonder if I can change it.....it's causing some confusion.
 
Old 05-27-2009, 08:01 PM
 
895 posts, read 2,147,941 times
Reputation: 358
The thing i hate about these kind of threads is that it makes you seem like you either love the city or you hate it. First of all from a japanese perspective i dont like tokyo. For me kobe,osaka,kyoto,yokohama etc etc are all better cities. And i do love NYC though judging by this thread it would seem like i hate it. But the facts are facts. Tokyo does have better crime, infrastructure,healthcare etc. Those are facts, why people keep being extremely ignorant or arragont about it and have too much city pride is beyond me.

Even though i love Osaka and would always choose osaka before tokyo, when it comes to thinks like infrastructure in crime, facts are facts and i cant deny that tokyo is better in those 2 areas than osaka (though i could make a case why osaka is better to live in).
 
Old 05-27-2009, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Back home in Kaguawagpjpa.
1,990 posts, read 6,981,966 times
Reputation: 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Tokyo does have better crime, infrastructure,healthcare etc. Those are facts, why people keep being extremely ignorant or arragont about it and have too much city pride is beyond me.

So, Tokyo has better criminals than New York? Do, please tell.
 
Old 05-27-2009, 08:09 PM
 
341 posts, read 363,465 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
The thing i hate about these kind of threads is that it makes you seem like you either love the city or you hate it. First of all from a japanese perspective i dont like tokyo. For me kobe,osaka,kyoto,yokohama etc etc are all better cities. And i do love NYC though judging by this thread it would seem like i hate it. But the facts are facts. Tokyo does have better crime, infrastructure,healthcare etc. Those are facts, why people keep being extremely ignorant or arragont about it and have too much city pride is beyond me.

Even though i love Osaka and would always choose osaka before tokyo, when it comes to thinks like infrastructure in crime, facts are facts and i cant deny that tokyo is better in those 2 areas than osaka (though i could make a case why osaka is better to live in).

Same here. I don't hate NYC. But like you said, in comparison with the two, Tokyo is factually a level above NYC. I like NYC, but there is no denying this fact.
 
Old 05-27-2009, 08:51 PM
 
895 posts, read 2,147,941 times
Reputation: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
So, Tokyo has better criminals than New York? Do, please tell.
English is my third language..

and now that you mention..actually the yakuza are probably the best at what they do lol.. not that its anything to be proud of.
 
Old 05-27-2009, 10:01 PM
 
Location: US Empire, Pac NW
5,008 posts, read 10,810,540 times
Reputation: 4125
I know one thing that NYC beats Tokyo at ...

The number of people who think their city is the best and are arrogant as a result of it.

That's pretty much it ... that and finance, but we all know how THAT ended up with the current crisis.

Seriously, if NYC finance people were so smart, why do we have skyrocketing unemployment, skyrocketing debt, a crumbling infrastructure, and families needing two jobs to make a living?
 
Old 05-27-2009, 11:07 PM
 
341 posts, read 363,465 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
i know one thing that nyc beats tokyo at ...

The number of people who think their city is the best and are arrogant as a result of it.

That's pretty much it ... That and finance, but we all know how that ended up with the current crisis.

Seriously, if nyc finance people were so smart, why do we have skyrocketing unemployment, skyrocketing debt, a crumbling infrastructure, and families needing two jobs to make a living?

lol! Dannnnnnnnnnnnng. Owned!!!!!!!!
 
Old 05-28-2009, 12:05 AM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 5,328,361 times
Reputation: 1143
Wow nobody was complaining when wall street was thriving though right. Aight

Tokyo for all its infrastructure, sqeaky clean trains or whatever else. None of that makes it better than nyc. The lack of diversity puts it below top american cities alone. Let alone new york city. We talking about new york freaking city. Come on this is a joke
 
Old 05-28-2009, 03:08 AM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
4,467 posts, read 8,452,813 times
Reputation: 5522
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Wow nobody was complaining when wall street was thriving though right. Aight

Tokyo for all its infrastructure, sqeaky clean trains or whatever else. None of that makes it better than nyc. The lack of diversity puts it below top american cities alone. Let alone new york city. We talking about new york freaking city. Come on this is a joke
Lol I like when you said New York freaking City lol. These people are failing to realize that there must be a reason that NYC is called the capital of the world. So of course NYC has to be better than Tokyo.

NYC is the capital fashion of the World.
NYC is one of the most diversed city in the world.
NYC is the home of all the parades that you can think of
Should I continue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top