U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 03:49 PM

895 posts, read 2,146,514 times

Advertisements

If you went back to the very first posts in this thread everyone has been talking about which is better for living in. Only you guys are talking about world importance.

People come to city data to learn about how the city is not about how many billionaires it has or if it seats the UN. This doesnt matter to the common person at all, it has 0 relevance. City data is all about stats of crime weather wealth education etc this is what people care about when comparing which city is better to live in, not if it has alot of billionares that you will most likely never be. And BTW NYC has a much higher poor-rich gap than tokyo does. Most japanese are comfortably middle class, we dont have such a huge income disparities as in the US.

I think you don't understand what this website is about!

Old 05-28-2009, 03:56 PM

4,467 posts, read 8,444,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
If you went back to the very first posts in this thread everyone has been talking about which is better for living in. Only you guys are talking about in the world.

People come to city data to learn about how the city is not about how many billionaires it has or if it seats the UN. This doesnt matter to the common person at all, it has 0 relevance. City data is all about stats of crime weather wealth education etc this is what people care about when comparing which city is better to live in, not if it has alot of billionares that you will most likely never be. And BTW NYC has a much higher poor-rich gap than tokyo does. Most japanese are comfortably middle class, we dont have such a huge income disparities as in the US.
Well it goes both ways, because you were not talking about where is it better to live. You are talking about:

"Clean, safe, infrastructure, healthcare yes basically about everything for living a good life.

And no hip hop fasion is not prevalent in tokyo at all LOL. Not even 1 hip hop song is in oricon right now (japanese music charts). Most japanese guys in tokyo wax their hair and wear fitted button shirts and jeans. I'd say around 10-25% of tokyo youth dress even remotely hip hop style. Tokyo is all about rock and pop styles. Now if we're talking about Osaka than itd be more like 50%. Yes tokyo has many hip hop fashion stores, just like it has tons of fashion stores for every fashion. Tokyo is where most japanese based companies are, but without a doubt almost all the people who buy those clothes are from Osaka. Osaka has wayyyy more hip hop stores than tokyo. Trust me I'm from Osaka and I'm into hip hop myself lol.

BTW you're not defending your city you're just being choosing to not look at the statistics and facts. Everysingle study and statistics shows tokyo is better in all the key areas to making living in a city good. I dont know what youre trying to dispute. Tokyo ranks better in crime rate,infrastructure,healthcare,efficiency,technolo gy etc. Even when it comes to food tokyo has ranked #1 for the past 2 years. "

I say that you went off the topic as well, so I do not think that you know what is this website is about, because if you were another person you would stay on topic too.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:15 PM

Um that was a response to someone making a false statement (it's a response the person who goes offtopic makes the first statement and hello that wasn't me LOL). Everysingle one of my posts was about quality of life thats it. The new yorkers keep bringing up irrelevant things like the UN and parrades all I'm doing is responding. Why dont you quote him for randomly talking about fasion and telling me tokyo people dress like hip hop?

In everysingle one of my responses i keep talking about the things for quality of life. Even the one you quoted look at the first sentence and the last paragraph I kept trying to get it on topic so you...really failed there LOL.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:23 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,281,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Its been said over and over again. Infrastructure,crime,healthcare,education,food,cle anliness and technology. Stop saying only infrastructure. And what does one chart supposed to represent? And Tokyo vs NYC in what? Global impact or for living? Tokyo is the better city for quality of life hands down. No one here argued anything about global impact.

"Cultural exchange" is completely by opnion. Why is London above NYC when NYC is more multi cultural? And for many americans tokyo is much more of a cultural shock and experience than NYC is. You cant measure that on a graph.
Well, you can't really compare the cultural shock to Americans.. that's not really fair. Of course, going to a country where a lot of people don't speak your language and act in different ways is going to have more culture shock than someplace that's already in your country. We'd have to find people coming from a country that isn't related to either USA or Japan, but either way... I think the whole thing is really subjective, culture shock depends on the person, not really where they're from, in most cases.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:27 PM

Which is why i said it's completely by opinion..

Old 05-28-2009, 06:18 PM

4,285 posts, read 14,430,763 times
So, if it's all a matter of personal opinion, we surely have plenty of that in our 145 posts.

Time to move on to less contentious, more productive topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or