Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: On Average Which Southeast Asian Country Do You Think Has The Best Looking Ladies ?
The Philippines 41 27.89%
Malaysia 14 9.52%
Burma 3 2.04%
Vietnam 22 14.97%
Singapore 13 8.84%
Laos 1 0.68%
Indonesia 10 6.80%
Cambodia 2 1.36%
Thailand 41 27.89%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 10:33 AM

987 posts, read 1,379,656 times

Advertisements

I was going with the Philippines, my native country, but after being in Thailand when I was in Military I'll go with the Thai women, because there's just something about Thai women who were born from mixed nationality of parents, just beautiful!

Old 09-30-2012, 10:36 AM

136 posts, read 234,386 times
I would go with Vietnam on this one. I have a few Vietnamese friends that are girls and they are very gorgeous.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:03 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,656,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
There are beautiful women in all of them.
Pfft no kidding. I still blush when I pass any asian girl I find attractive. Race doesn't matter at all!

Old 10-13-2012, 08:43 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,339,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
But I think they mean by nationality. I get people asking all the time if I'm European. I'm American though. I often see (or overhear) Europeans all the time who exhibit stereotypical 'American' traits' - i.e. loud, obnoxious, etc. get categorized as American, even in Europe. People think they know, but they don't.

I regularly see Europeans with baseball caps and other types of wear, that I'd assume they wouldn't wear or wouldn't want associate themselves as wearing, yet there they are, wearing it.

I find distringuing europeans and americans difficult based on appearance. We just do it my stereotypes if anything.

I'm white American, by the way. But I've lived in Asia for many years. I can quickly quickly identify a Korean in Japan with seconds. WHen I lived in Korea, I could quickly identify a Japanese person. Just everything about them was completely different. THeir looks, their facial features, their makeup choices, their styles, their thinking, their behaviors, etc.

I also meet English teachers regularly in Japan and Korea all the time...and until they open their mouth (and hear an accent), I have absolutely no clue whatsoever where they are from. Just no idea.

If they have a North American accent....guessing between Canadian and American is another coin toss - and I grew up right on the Michigan/Ontario border. Unless they have a particularly identifiable southern accent or boston accent or a canadian accent that is somehow more canadian than my own similar-sounding uppder midwest accent with 'eh' and such...than good luck even by hearing some us speak.

But just by looking...put a Brit and a Canadian and an Australian all in a Baltimore Orioles baseball cap, and I'd quickly just assume they were all Americans, and wouldn't give it another second thought unless they spoke up with a giveaway accent of some type.

i can usually tell a brit and a french apart by the shape of their noses the aussies might be a little trickier but i think they might still have the brit nose. italians can be distinguised by their hair and skin color, the irish (especially the dubliners) by their hair color and eye shape. central europeans and north americans are harder to tell apart.

somehow, i can distinguish filipino, thai and viet women, not so much the malaysian, indonesian, taiwanese and singaporean women. singaporean and taiwanese women tend to look particularly chinese.

i can tell the japanese, chinese and korean women apart from each other by their skin color, height and facial features.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:56 PM

6 posts, read 15,143 times
If China is NOT in Southeast Asia, then where is it?

Been there numerous times....YES, it IS in Southeast Asia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
cuz china is not in southeast asia.

altho considering that ethnic chinese make up around 5-8% of the population of southeast asia, i think it's fair to include them, and they would easily top my list for best looking ethnicity in southeast asia.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall_tiger View Post
If China is NOT in Southeast Asia, then where is it?

Been there numerous times....YES, it IS in Southeast Asia!
SERIOUSLY??? are you being sarcastic or just completely ignorant?

China is considered east asia, lumped together with japan and korea.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:09 PM

i forgot to say that russians have distinctive eye shape as well, especially the ones that have ancestry from near the mongolian border

Old 10-14-2012, 01:26 PM

843 posts, read 1,140,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
singaporean and taiwanese women tend to look particularly chinese.
Not surprising considering that that most of their population are product of the Chinese diaspora.

My vote is for the Singaporean and Malaysian ladies for fashion consciousness. But I've met tons of drop dead gorgeous Vietnamese and Filipinas too.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:09 AM

100 posts, read 242,214 times
Malaysian women are the most beautiful, most Filipina women are the most accessible to the Western world, which to some, may make them feel more beautiful. Beauty is obviously not just the exterior. Filipinas are obviously the most WEsternized and have the highest rate of intermarriage in the West.

Personally, I find Thais, Cambodians, Burmese, Vietnamese more attractive than Filipinas. Malaysians have more Chinese features and I find Chinese/Japanese/Korean to be the most attractive of the Orient, but this is SE Asia we are talking. Some Burmese are very attractive and have Indian like features which I find bewildering.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:31 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,756,157 times
I'm in Taiwan right now. I'd say it's really part of SE Asia. Some of the girls here are very attractive, actually I was surprised, they seem better looking than Chinese girls, maybe they're more fashionable or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia