Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 11:16 PM

57 posts, read 124,627 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I recently got my Masters degree in urban/transportation planning out in Phoenix, AZ (ASU) and currently having some difficulty finding work related to planning/engineering in the US. I have applied to about 100 positions countrywide and still can not land one interview. I even have some experience working for a transit agency doing analysis studies. My hopes for the US are gone. The United States is falling apart (no money) and is part of the reason why few new planning jobs exist. I am trying to get out with the remaining money I have left. The United Arab Emirates appeals to me, especially because I got my grad degree in transportation planning and know they are still building their freeway network and metro system (along with skyscrapers galore!). If anyone from the UAE reads this I need information about obtaining a work permit and how long I can survive with no job lined up before departing (how expensive would it be to live in Dubai for a few weeks to a month). Although, most likely I hope to have a job lined up. Thanks again.

-Sweetcityluvn-

PS. If anyone is in the urban/transportation planning or logistics industries I would be happy to give you my resume and thesis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 07:09 PM

37 posts, read 106,046 times
Hey! i noticed this was posted awhile ago, i don't know if you found out any information but i found a few links that may help you on your move.

UAE Work Visa Info -

Dubai Visa
Dubai Visa

UAE (Dubai) Cost of Living -
Cost of living in Dubai 2011 – Calculator
Cost of Living in Dubai

Also make sure you look into Qatar and Kuwait. They are alot like the UAE alot of Americans and Europeans live there and there booming with skyscrapers and roads. You will do well in one of these 3 countries. Good Luck on everything

Old 09-24-2011, 09:18 AM

31 posts, read 70,478 times
You need to first land a job in Dubai before you can legally live here. Look at sites like bayt.com, monstergulf.com, gulftalent.com. You can get your answers from sites like dubaifaqs.com. Good luck. There are loads of opportunities in Dubai.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia