Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:52 PM

120 posts, read 313,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
So whats the penalty for being Gay?
Bailiff, whack his pee pee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
I like Singapore airlines. Its luxury. I heard they have Spa treatment in there too now with massage and the hostess are pretty.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:33 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswife View Post
up to 2 years in prison.......for having sex..... no penalty (I don't think) for actually being gay, you just can't do anything about it....

LGBT culture in Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only in 2007 was this law changed.....Oral or unnatural sex is an offence in Singapore, punishable with a life sentence, or up to ten years jail and/or a fine.

Mr Wang Says So: The Legal Complications of Oral Sex

Singapore legalises oral and anal sex but ban stays for homosexuals | World news | guardian.co.uk
Life imprisonment for getting a blowjob? The mind boggles....

Old 08-31-2011, 09:54 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
You can check out Singapore from the comfort of your home, I kid you not!

stamford road singapore, singapore - Google Maps
Great link! I know that subway stop well.

I love Sing... But I'd retire in Penang and Malaysia makes it easier to retire there.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Being near the equator, the time variance of sunrise/sunset doesn't really exist. All year, it's just around 7 AM and 7 PM. Personally, I find that boring.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:36 PM

213 posts, read 865,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Being near the equator, the time variance of sunrise/sunset doesn't really exist. All year, it's just around 7 AM and 7 PM. Personally, I find that boring.
I actually find that comforting. Being from India, I found it very weird at first to find the sun blazing outside at 9PM in Germany. I got used to it eventually but I still prefer 12hr day-night cycles.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:48 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abpat2203 View Post
I actually find that comforting. Being from India, I found it very weird at first to find the sun blazing outside at 9PM in Germany. I got used to it eventually but I still prefer 12hr day-night cycles.
I can see how that could be comforting if you were used to that type of cycle. I love the late nights in Europe. Sitting out on the porch at 10 pm or later and being able to read.

It gets dark early now; I'm sad.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 PM

250 posts, read 661,547 times
Think of it the perfect, imacculate, masterplanned suburb where most people are Chinese, and the education, especially maths, is insanely good. Well, scrape the suburb part. It's basically a crowded, high rise metropolis that is masterplanned and disneyworldish. Just like the town in the Truman Show, or like Irvine. In short, a great place to raise a family.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:37 PM
kyh

372 posts, read 1,268,027 times
Singapore is mainly a hotspot to earn bucks for many region-ers, especially for Malaysians. The laws are strict no doubt, but if you're law-abiding, why fret? It's not gonna bother you anyway, unless you're a drug addict or a vandalizer. The government is authoritarian, but it is because of this the city-state manages to become one of the cleanest and safest places in the world. And if the majority of the population don't mind it, you don't have to either. As for homosexuality, Singapore has a thriving LGBT scene - one of the region's biggest - just that they don't purposely flaunt it in public.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:01 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyh View Post
Singapore is mainly a hotspot to earn bucks for many region-ers, especially for Malaysians. The laws are strict no doubt, but if you're law-abiding, why fret? It's not gonna bother you anyway, unless you're a drug addict or a vandalizer. The government is authoritarian, but it is because of this the city-state manages to become one of the cleanest and safest places in the world. And if the majority of the population don't mind it, you don't have to either. As for homosexuality, Singapore has a thriving LGBT scene - one of the region's biggest - just that they don't purposely flaunt it in public.
Yet some of its laws are strangely archaic for such a modern, international city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia