U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which group?
Turkish, Armenians, Caucasus, Persians 11 12.79%
Ethnic Asiatic Russia, Kalmyks, Uralic 1 1.16%
Arabs, Lebanese 9 10.47%
Pakistanis, Aryan Indians 5 5.81%
South Indians/Dravidians 3 3.49%
Mongolians, NW China 2 2.33%
Caucasoid Central Asians - e.g. Tajiks, Uiughars, Afghans 3 3.49%
'Intermediate' Central Asians - e.g. Kazakhs, Turkic peoples 1 1.16%
Central and Northeastern Chinese, Tibetans 8 9.30%
Koreans and Japanese 18 20.93%
Southern Chinese, Vietnamese, NE Burma 15 17.44%
Thais, Khmer 3 3.49%
Malay, Indonesian 1 1.16%
Burmese, Nepalese 1 1.16%
Other Melanesian, natives of Indonesia 0 0%
Taiwanese and Filipino Aborigines 5 5.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:03 AM

16,445 posts, read 9,648,415 times

Advertisements

The thing is, Asians should not really appear attractive to Western people, as they have other definitions of attractiveness than we do. Since most people on this board are probably whites, our rating Asians does not mean a thing, just like it does not mean a thing how we perceive Africans. In Africa it is perceived attractive for a woman to be overweight, in the West it is negative. We usually consider attractive what we are used to. It is like with music or food...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 07:06 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,917,154 times
Turkish and Middle Eastern people are the most attractive IMO.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:34 AM

24,691 posts, read 19,887,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The thing is, Asians should not really appear attractive to Western people, as they have other definitions of attractiveness than we do. Since most people on this board are probably whites, our rating Asians does not mean a thing, just like it does not mean a thing how we perceive Africans. In Africa it is perceived attractive for a woman to be overweight, in the West it is negative. We usually consider attractive what we are used to. It is like with music or food...
I think Asians are seen as attractive, esp. compared to Africans, because they are a bit more similar, but also with that 'exotic thing' going on. I think a lot of it is based on stereotypes of the subservient Asian woman. I think a lot of perceived attractiveness is cultural, too. I mean Asian men aren't fetishized as much by white women, but I actually see the beginning of that as Japanese pop culture becomes more popular.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 AM

1,996 posts, read 2,128,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Interesting, what is your experience of Viet women? I went to Vietnam for a month and without sounding racist was surprised at how attractive the women could be.
I've never been to Vietnam, but I lived among Vietnamese growing up and when I had lived abroad.

Not only are Viet women attractive, they still have these strong feminine sensibilities (along with a good sense of humor). They also have great food, your in for a treat if you know or deal with a Viet woman or her first generation daughter who can cook you some Bahn Mi (In reality it's a simple dish to make but it's great when she wants to cook, and show you something about the local cuisine).

Of course not ALL women from Vietnam are like this, but I think in this case the good outweighs the bad. If you ever have the chance to visit Houston in the states, there's a huge community (in fact the largest outside of Vietnam, I believe) there.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:25 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,117,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
They also have great food, your in for a treat if you know or deal with a Viet woman or her first generation daughter who can cook you some Bahn Mi (In reality it's a simple dish to make but it's great when she wants to cook, and show you something about the local cuisine).
bread? I think Vietnamese sandwiches are basically French, I do like them. I've had sandwiches that are similar at cajun restaurants.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I think Asians are seen as attractive, esp. compared to Africans, because they are a bit more similar, but also with that 'exotic thing' going on. I think a lot of it is based on stereotypes of the subservient Asian woman. I think a lot of perceived attractiveness is cultural, too. I mean Asian men aren't fetishized as much by white women, but I actually see the beginning of that as Japanese pop culture becomes more popular.
There was a cute Japanese woman (Keiko Arahida) on Flash Forward, there was something very lovely about her...
But by and large I don't find East Asians attractive, which is probably simply because I am not used to their physiognomy, not because of any deficit on their part.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:36 PM

24,691 posts, read 19,887,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
I've never been to Vietnam, but I lived among Vietnamese growing up and when I had lived abroad.

Not only are Viet women attractive, they still have these strong feminine sensibilities (along with a good sense of humor). They also have great food, your in for a treat if you know or deal with a Viet woman or her first generation daughter who can cook you some Bahn Mi (In reality it's a simple dish to make but it's great when she wants to cook, and show you something about the local cuisine).

Of course not ALL women from Vietnam are like this, but I think in this case the good outweighs the bad. If you ever have the chance to visit Houston in the states, there's a huge community (in fact the largest outside of Vietnam, I believe) there.
There are quite a few Vietnamese here too, not as many as Sydney or Melbourne, but there are tons of Vietnamese restaurants in the city. I haven't really hung out with any of them, because they live in a different part of town, but love the food. I don't know what a typical Vietnamese Australian woman is like, but I assume similar to other Asians. Sometimes I can't tell what type of Asian they are.

I've been to Houston but only as a stop-off. Surprisingly saw more Hispanics than anything.

I googled 'bahn mi' because I'd forgotten what it was. Love those rolls with pork in them. The combination of crunchy baguette, fatty pork, spicy sauce, coriander and all those assorted goodies. Especially when the meat is hot.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:10 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,338,074 times
The poll doesn't make sense - are we ranking most or least attractive?

In my opinion Chinese are the least attractive I can't really tell the difference between them and the Japanese Vietnamese and Koreans so you can include them as well

MOngolians come in a close second I guess thats where the term Mongaloid comes from?

Third is the indians they are thin which is nice but seem less feminine in a way

Fourth ugliest or second most attractive would be the Persians very attractive but tend to be more hairy so watch yourself

Most attractive would be the Russians -tall with fair skin and feminine features top the list

Old 01-20-2012, 06:47 AM

Indians thin? Only the starving ones, those who are not starving are more feminine than many white women, frankly.
And Russians are not Asians in my view, except the East Asian and Mongolian minorities...

Old 01-20-2012, 06:51 AM

3,242 posts, read 1,468,663 times
I picked Filipino for the poll but it's unfair to include the Turks with the Persians. Persians are some of the best looking people in the world, Turks look more like Greeks, not necessarily bad but often have the larger noses. I dont understand what "Ethnic Asiatic Russian" meant so i didn't vote for it but I think Russian women look unbelievable. Filipino girls are really the only Asian women I'm attracted to, they are probably the whitest looking and look somewhat Latin in facial features.

The worst looking would be Indian/Pakistani by far. The only ones who look good are the ones who barely look Indian like Aishwarya Rai. Most kind of have the worst combination in facial features. Samoans aren't on here but they may be the worst in the world, they're generally quite large, only pretty one I can think of is that wrestler Tamina Snuka and she's just OK looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia