U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 11:23 PM

490 posts, read 1,498,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Yeah there are some Mexican Spanish words that's different in Spanish in Spain. like we are using in Filipino the Kumadre and Kumpadre of Mexican Spanish Comadre/Compadre and Spain do not use that term. Mercado is one of the Mexican Spanish.
but I heard some filipinos use the word palenke for market. That comes from the Mayan word Palenque
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 12:08 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,846,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
but I heard some filipinos use the word palenke for market. That comes from the Mayan word Palenque
Yes Filipinos also use Palenque, they use it in Manila.
In my place some old people use Mercado while some use Tiendahan from the word Tienda.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:31 AM

490 posts, read 1,498,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Yes Filipinos also use Palenque, they use it in Manila.
In my place some old people use Mercado while some use Tiendahan from the word Tienda.

New Prospects for the Spanish Language - YouTube

Not the video I was gonna show you, but this one should get the job done. It's in Spanish but it has captions in English too. I think it would be great for the Filipinos to learn Spanish. However I heard that it would be hard since the Philippines since it's poor and so far from the rest of the Spanish speaking world and it doesn't have a lot of money or resources to fund these programs in the Philippines.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:30 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,846,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post

New Prospects for the Spanish Language - YouTube

Not the video I was gonna show you, but this one should get the job done. It's in Spanish but it has captions in English too. I think it would be great for the Filipinos to learn Spanish. However I heard that it would be hard since the Philippines since it's poor and so far from the rest of the Spanish speaking world and it doesn't have a lot of money or resources to fund these programs in the Philippines.

I also showed you a video about teachers learning Espanol through the Instituto de Cervantes. They are learning in order to teach Spanish to Secondary students. I know it won't be that easy to start again from scratch especially they would be needing materials and all. Let's just hope everything will turn out well because it will really be beneficial for Filipinos to be able to speak Spanish.
Madre Espana has offered scholarships to 4 top Universities in Spain so I hope many teachers took advantage if this opportunity.

Here's a video about teachers learning Spanish

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRKDFN9p8Ig

Last edited by Hermosaa; 11-28-2013 at 05:58 PM..

Old 11-17-2015, 08:53 AM

486 posts, read 272,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmaq32 View Post
Very much agreed, also the language structure of arabic and german are very simliar, they both are grammer heavy languages, who traditionally had a large vareity of dialects/languages.

I'd also add turkish has a greek sound to it.
Arabic sounds like Dutch and German with the Gutteral sounds

Old 10-23-2016, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 764 times
Romanian also sounds a little like the Turkmen language, as they are both Russian based.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:26 AM

1,953 posts, read 5,202,766 times
Default German / Arabic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario Toad 32 View Post
Arabic sounds like Dutch and German with the Gutteral sounds
I noticed in the movie TRUE LIES when Arnold Schwartzenegger speaks Arabic his Austrian accent seems to go well with it

Old 10-24-2016, 01:58 PM

17,250 posts, read 10,176,823 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37QprF6Bb88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlXhnGaG6xE

Old 03-27-2017, 07:17 AM

10,178 posts, read 7,775,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Every day on city-data there are asians in some way or another attacking Hispanics.
I despise the Spanish language. It's so harsh and obnoxious. I couldn't care less about the ethnicity of those who speak the language.

Get over it. It's an opinion.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:35 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,022,620 times
Portuguese sound similar as Turkish to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or