U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 07:26 PM
FBF

572 posts, read 693,028 times

Advertisements

Not true....Korea gets loads of sunlight and humidity in the summer.

I would know, because I visited there during that time.

I had to laugh at how Koreans try to shield their faces when the sun came out.

It is like they are afraid to get color in their chemically paled face (Japanese and Chinese gals, as well).

Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,421,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
Not true....Korea gets loads of sunlight and humidity in the summer.

I would know, because I visited there during that time.

I had to laugh at how Koreans try to shield their faces when the sun came out.

It is like they are afraid to get color in their chemically paled face (Japanese and Chinese gals, as well).
Seoul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check out how wet Seoul is in summer. 120 hours of sunshine in July is incredibly gloomy and equates to less than 3 hours a day. In contrast, Washington DC receives 8-9 hours. It's annual mean of 2,066 hours is lower than Seattle.

But yeah, I've seen that too lol.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:49 PM
FBF

572 posts, read 693,028 times
Wikipedia as a source despite the fact that it can be edited by anyone?

And even if you apply that to Seoul....that is not where all the Koreans live!

Seoul was sunny way longer than 3 hours.

Except for one day in August during my visit there, it was sunny throughout the whole day when the sun was out.

I was there for 10 days.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:10 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,328,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Some Koreans have super white skin, especially middle aged ladies. I've seen some younger women here though who are quite tanned.
some korean farmers can get pretty dark

Old 03-02-2013, 04:53 PM

6,726 posts, read 6,612,834 times
From a positive point of view:

East Asia has cold winters (in spite of their warm summers). On average, Beijing and Seoul are colder than Boston, and Tokyo is about the same as Seattle. Even Shanghai is colder than London. Some scientists suggest dark skin causes more frostbites.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:47 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,854,881 times
I guess because Asians in general do not really have good facial features so if they probably think if they get dark, they would'nt look so attractive any more. Asians especially ( Japanese, Koreans and Chinese ) have a very big fascination for Caucasians , having fair skin is the only thing they think that makes them similar to Caucasians that is why beauty for them is having fair skin.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:11 AM

843 posts, read 1,378,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I guess because Asians in general do not really have good facial features so if they probably think if they get dark, they would'nt look so attractive any more. Asians especially ( Japanese, Koreans and Chinese ) have a very big fascination for Caucasians , having fair skin is the only thing they think that makes them similar to Caucasians that is why beauty for them is having fair skin.
Lighter skin color was favored long before Asians ever met a single Caucasian.

Caucasians are more likely to be bigger and fatter, but no Asian girl wants to add a few extra pounds to look like Caucasians more. Asian girls won't trade their thin legs for anything.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:18 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,854,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag77845 View Post

Caucasians are more likely to be bigger and fatter, but no Asian girl wants to add a few extra pounds to look like Caucasians more. Asian girls won't trade their thin legs for anything.
They try so hard to look like a Caucasian ( especially the Japanese and Koreans ) they dye their hair in blond and wear coloured contact lenses that makes the eye balls look bigger . The contact lenses that they use are not just ordinary coloured contact lenses but contact lenses that are made specifically to make the eyes look huge ( really huge that they look scary ).

Old 04-01-2013, 02:30 AM

58 posts, read 111,498 times
Many already said. As an Asian, I confirm that light skin saying you are from a rich family, need not going out to face sunlight like people from lower classes. In southeast Asia, lighter skin also means that you are part-Chinese who normally owns businesses, wealthy, and be able to send their kids to the best schools.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:52 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,421,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag77845 View Post

Being fat isn't even a Caucasian trait, and if you want thin legs go to India or East Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or