U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 02:44 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Ejay, I want to put in your mind this INDIA is located from where? - SOUTH ASIA

Filipino is what? - NATIONALITY & Language

What is the topic all about? - TAN/BROWN Natural Skin color in ASIA

So did I posted a white & pale Filipina. Question my post if I posted an originally Brown/Tan Filipina who have done a bleach procedure.

I didn't even question these ladies for being a Filipino.

eh India is in South Asia....Philippines is in Southeast Asia

indians would still be considered outsiders...they arent even the same race as many ethnic groups in the Philippines

Old 04-05-2013, 03:11 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,966,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post

indians would still be considered outsiders...they arent even the same race as many ethnic groups in the Philippines
lol Is there SOUTH EAST Asia on the title thread. Learn geographic please. We are talking about ASIA and not just Philippines. Because you kept on insisting that Filipino is a race. Can you also link me about Charmaine Elima being half Filipino? I just read Parul is mixed Indian.

Last edited by pinai; 04-05-2013 at 03:38 PM..

Old 04-05-2013, 03:51 PM

58 posts, read 111,440 times
Watch this movie and you will get why light skin dominates in Asia.

A Crazy Little Thing Called Love Full Movie (Eng Subs) - YouTube

Old 04-05-2013, 10:38 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,850,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post

Ejay you are very biased... You only want Chinky eyed people ( Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean looking people ) or Negritos... I can see that you are probably very envious of good looking people... Regardless of colour or looks, as long as the person has a pretty face even if she has a Filipino colour. You will still criticise and would say " she is not a Filipino " ohhh grow up... It is not the fault of good looking people if they are pretty and certainly not their fault if you are ugly.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:45 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,850,272 times
Ejay, you are also a racist because you think that only Chinese looking people are Asians that's why you cannot accept the fact that in the Philippines, there are MEZTISAS and good looking people . You are a racist because you do not want to recognize Indians as Asians ....why ? Because they do not have small eyes and have tall nose ?

Old 04-06-2013, 03:39 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,966,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Ejay you are very biased... You only want Chinky eyed people ( Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean looking people ) or Negritos... I can see that you are probably very envious of good looking people... Regardless of colour or looks, as long as the person has a pretty face even if she has a Filipino colour. You will still criticise and would say " she is not a Filipino " ohhh grow up... It is not the fault of good looking people if they are pretty and certainly not their fault if you are ugly.
He actually hate negritos but he likes to use them to mock other certain group of people specially those in Manila and Southern Luzon. But when it comes to Western Visayas, he wants to group you all as East Asian looking like (Chinese, KOREAN, Vietnamese, Japanese etc.) that Negrito never exist in West Visayas, If you will not agree. Then he is like a kid that you took his candy away. crying out loud posting photos & criticize other group of people. He will do it in a sarcastic way, so that's what he do. He will do it in a Bitter way lol.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:51 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
He actually hate negritos but he likes to use them to mock other certain group of people specially those in Manila and Southern Luzon. But when it comes to Western Visayas, he wants to group you all as East Asian looking like (Chinese, KOREAN, Vietnamese, Japanese etc.) that Negrito never exist in West Visayas, If you will not agree. Then he is like a kid that you took his candy away. crying out loud posting photos & criticize other group of people. He will do it in a sarcastic way, so that's what he do. He will do it in a Bitter way lol.
and tell me if the majority of filipinos even like negritos?? yea thats what I thought...do not throw stones in glass houses

actually I want western visayans to be grouped with malays...though plenty could pass for east asian
where in heavens did you come to the conclusion that I though all western visayas was EA looking...just a portion of the population can pass..anyways you could find portions of filipinos who could pass for EA in central luzon, northern luzon, and mindanao as well

anyways the poor sector of manila is abound with people who seem to have negrito features...is there anything with claiming the obvious?? I never said all of manila was like that...just in the cities of Rizal, Antipolo, and Quezon

Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 PM
FBF

572 posts, read 692,297 times
Funny, in Japan.....the people there still prefer lighter skin but will not publicly humiliate or show it too much in public in order to save face and try not to make others feel bad (despite the person thinking not so noble thoughts about person). Japanese men can get away with a tan and still be considered attractive because it implies manliness.

In Korea, MEN try their best to stay unnaturally white like the women that cosmetic companies are introducing make up for men that will make them whiter! They detest tanned skin and will publicly show their discriminatory views by speeches or actions. I visited Korea in the summer by sporting a summer tan (I like being outdoors), and was discriminated in stores and transportation by being yelled at and followed around when browsing because of the fact that I prefer a healthy summer tan over being unnaturally white and using loads of BB cream. It got even worse when the elders mistook me as a "honyol" (derogatory word for half-Korean) and were yelling slurs at me (the Southeast Asian migrant workers get it worse with more intense yelling and ocassionally physical assaults from the elders if they are in a foul mood).

Old 04-09-2013, 09:17 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,384,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
Funny, in Japan.....the people there still prefer lighter skin but will not publicly humiliate or show it too much in public in order to save face and try not to make others feel bad (despite the person thinking not so noble thoughts about person). Japanese men can get away with a tan and still be considered attractive because it implies manliness.

In Korea, MEN try their best to stay unnaturally white like the women that cosmetic companies are introducing make up for men that will make them whiter! They detest tanned skin and will publicly show their discriminatory views by speeches or actions. I visited Korea in the summer by sporting a summer tan (I like being outdoors), and was discriminated in stores and transportation by being yelled at and followed around when browsing because of the fact that I prefer a healthy summer tan over being unnaturally white and using loads of BB cream. It got even worse when the elders mistook me as a "honyol" (derogatory word for half-Korean) and were yelling slurs at me (the Southeast Asian migrant workers get it worse with more intense yelling and ocassionally physical assaults from the elders if they are in a foul mood).
I've seen many Koreans here, both men and women in fact, with quite a deep tan. I guess they get a tan here and feel free of the stigma.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,003,799 times
Tanning has been popular in Japan now among the younger crowd for several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or