U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 01:26 PM

104 posts, read 234,965 times

Advertisements

The following post inspired me to start this thread

(Asian) Indian and white mixed children

My guess is that in the coming years there are going to be lot of cross ethnic/cultural marriages due to the increase in immigrant population. I'm a naturalized citizen myself and personally, I do not have any issues with my boys getting married to someone from a different ethnic background. I'm curious to find out who they'll marry though. Well I need to wait a long time for that since my boys are still young .

Here are my questions to parents and boys/girls.

As a parent, will you approve (if we've a choice)/disapprove of the marriage? Either ways, what are the reasons behind your approval/disapproval?

As a boy/girl, do you really care what ethnicity your spouse is?

No racist comments please! Thanks for your input!

Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 PM

15,943 posts, read 36,144,182 times
I don't know anyone who is interested Asia, who has strong anti-interracial feelings. That would be weird.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:43 PM

388 posts, read 746,329 times
My wife is from China, no problems here

Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 PM

1,487 posts, read 2,054,102 times
My late wife was from Japan. We had 44 wonderful years together. We never had a fight and rarely a disagreement in all that time. I never saw her wake up on the "wrong side of the bed" in all that time. We have four great kids, the only thing tough is they are all girls one set of identical twins. They thank God look like more their mother but act like their father which is probably not so good. I was very lucky to have found that person.

I learned early on that the problem, if there is one, is not inter-racial unions but rather inter-cultural unions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or