Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 AM

831 posts, read 680,432 times

Advertisements

Ok well there goes another day with the chinese making trouble, the latest incident is chinese officials demanding from the japanese authoritise release chinese activists that have briefly landed on some japanese island to protest about lands, i find it hard to believe chinese authorities knew nothing of this since this happens on a constant basis, not only with japan but also with the philippines, vietnam regarding the rich resource spratley islands.

Asian island dispute flares on WWII anniversary - Yahoo! News

Chinese boats catch fish, get corals off Philippine island - Yahoo! News Malaysia

I think china is walking a slippery slope to war it can not possibly win, if they think they can win it then why not have the balls to come out right now like a real man instead of using pawns to do your work for you just so you can fool everybody that you had any?

Last edited by Vichel; 08-15-2012 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Removed derogatory remarks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 03:07 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,002 times
china can't possibly win a war with japan? lolwut?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:58 PM

What makes you think china's gonna be some walkover? they are very well armed in that region of the world, they are nuke capable, acceptable naval fleet (regional if that), sizeable army, they've made allies everywhere mainly those commie russians. I do believe they can and are itching to pawn the japanese if they have their way just to get even.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:28 PM

385 posts, read 859,156 times
This is nothing new between China and Japan, they have been fighting each other for thousands of years, the only difference now is the rest of the world can know what is going on in seconds.
Also, China has always said that all of the land and the sea that is or in the South CHINA sea is theirs and Europeans are the ones that named it the south China sea so now it's like telling a child all their life that this is named after you and when they get older and want what is theirs by name ( not in reality ) they can't have it, what do you think will happen, you'll get a temper tantrum of epic proportions so some thing will have to be done and China knows this and is doing things on the sly and if China really wants the South China Sea and other Islands that are in it then there is only one nation that really stands a chance of trying to stop them and that's the U.S.A. and even then we will need help from every other country so we can all curse and postulate but there really isn't to much any of the countries can do, I say this because my wife tells me that her native country if it goes to war will be a war of all or nothing and we as Americans and some of the other countries are not prepared to go that far,...... China will if pushed.
We, as in all other countries will have to be careful in how we prod and push China to see things our way.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
What makes you think china's gonna be some walkover? they are very well armed in that region of the world, they are nuke capable, acceptable naval fleet (regional if that), sizeable army, they've made allies everywhere mainly those commie russians. I do believe they can and are itching to pawn the japanese if they have their way just to get even.
hey buddy, you're the one who said china can't win a war with japan. which is laughable. i was wondering why you said that.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:08 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,359,565 times
China is being very smart. They're doing the "death by a thousand cuts" approach to dominating more territory. And the US is wont to instigate the wrath of her creditors/overlords. Further, other countries right now have the attitude of "We want a balance with China, so we welcome the USA, but please don't force us to choose." I think the Malaysian ambassador actually said that.

So much of Asian influence is a mix of soft power and the long term. It's a lot like chess. And China knows we have our hand in so many pots that they could get away with this, increase their sphere of influence over 20, 30, 100 years, and get away with it since we wouldn't want to rock the boat too much as we want to be "friends" with everybody. Nobody else wants a war, they want "equilibrium."

And remember they have been around a while, through so many golden ages and crashes in their civilization they consider this cyclic thing normal, and we're just an upstart.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
hey buddy, you're the one who said china can't win a war with japan. which is laughable. i was wondering why you said that.

I dont believe its simply just the chinese vs the japanese, if it were just the two then yes china will win but you and i know this will not be the case, there are other members in the immediate region who might or might not join. We will need an alliance of some sort with the countries that have had recent provocations from china. China will have the north koreans on their side. On the other side, you have the japanese, philippine, south koreans, vietnam, who can create an immediate alliance. Maybe the taiwanese and malaysia can chip in since they also have beef with the chinese. I dont think america will be directly involved, perhaps provide intel and logistics to a certain degree.
Having said that, theres nothing better than be able to wipe off your debt by making sure your pawns win the war for you.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
China is being very smart. They're doing the "death by a thousand cuts" approach to dominating more territory. And the US is wont to instigate the wrath of her creditors/overlords. Further, other countries right now have the attitude of "We want a balance with China, so we welcome the USA, but please don't force us to choose." I think the Malaysian ambassador actually said that.

So much of Asian influence is a mix of soft power and the long term. It's a lot like chess. And China knows we have our hand in so many pots that they could get away with this, increase their sphere of influence over 20, 30, 100 years, and get away with it since we wouldn't want to rock the boat too much as we want to be "friends" with everybody. Nobody else wants a war, they want "equilibrium."

And remember they have been around a while, through so many golden ages and crashes in their civilization they consider this cyclic thing normal, and we're just an upstart.
A game of chess indeed, if i were them, there would be nothing more to please the soul if the US were sucked into a war with the israelis against the iranians. Keeping the US busy with wars is the key here, what better way to play this by hacking into American computers so you can anticipate her next and every move. And at the same time, buying american dept. Im sure our best think tanks know what they are doing. So we hope?

Old 08-15-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
I dont believe its simply just the chinese vs the japanese, if it were just the two then yes china will win but you and i know this will not be the case, there are other members in the immediate region who might or might not join. We will need an alliance of some sort with the countries that have had recent provocations from china. China will have the north koreans on their side. On the other side, you have the japanese, philippine, south koreans, vietnam, who can create an immediate alliance. Maybe the taiwanese and malaysia can chip in since they also have beef with the chinese. I dont think america will be directly involved, perhaps provide intel and logistics to a certain degree.
Having said that, theres nothing better than be able to wipe off your debt by making sure your pawns win the war for you.
south korea would NEVER side with japan over a land dispute with china. thats so ridiculous i dont even know where to begin. you need to learn the history of that region before making such outrageous claims. the reality of the matter is that those islands will eventually belong to china again and theres nothing japan can do about it.

no country in the region is going to ally with the renegade province, that is an act of war in itself.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
south korea would NEVER side with japan over a land dispute with china. thats so ridiculous i dont even know where to begin. you need to learn the history of that region before making such outrageous claims. the reality of the matter is that those islands will eventually belong to china again and theres nothing japan can do about it.

no country in the region is going to ally with the renegade province, that is an act of war in itself.
Not making a claim into anything you dufus, learn how to read!!

The thing is, china is acting like a big bully in the region. I suppose you might be right regarding the south koreans, they all chicken and will just be owned if push comes to shove regarding war, afterall, i read their for appeasing those n.koreans and posture a lot since uncle sam is keeping their butts warm for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia